ITV for Free.....

Old May 6th 2009, 3:37 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice
Smile ITV for Free.....

I know Hutchie has done an excellent website for setting up your computer for watching UK and worldwide TV but it always seems to cost money one way or another. Now I don't know whether this method has been posted before or whether or not Hutchie has provided this info, if he has then apologies to you mate, but if not I have a way that you can stream ITV 1,2,3,4 programmes for free from anywhere in the world and have been using this method for well over 6 months and it works like a dream. I have posted this info on other forums and have had other members get it to work in under 10 mins, so I thought I would share this information with fellow BE members.

If you visit my website it gives clear step by step guide and all the software needed to set it up, the software is 100% legal and virus free. As mentioned before this is for ITV only so you can watch yesterday's Corrie, Emmerdale or any other programme ITV has aired in the last 30 days, this will not work for ITV live streams and take note of your internet quota as these are streaming progs only you cannot download them so don't watch too many episodes in one go (if a BE member knows of a media player that will allow you to download these programmes then please feel free to name it).
Old May 6th 2009, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITV for Free.....

I've tried and it seems to work fine.

Originally Posted by aussiedreamz
I know Hutchie has done an excellent website for setting up your computer for watching UK and worldwide TV but it always seems to cost money one way or another. Now I don't know whether this method has been posted before or whether or not Hutchie has provided this info, if he has then apologies to you mate, but if not I have a way that you can stream ITV 1,2,3,4 programmes for free from anywhere in the world and have been using this method for well over 6 months and it works like a dream. I have posted this info on other forums and have had other members get it to work in under 10 mins, so I thought I would share this information with fellow BE members.

If you visit my website it gives clear step by step guide and all the software needed to set it up, the software is 100% legal and virus free. As mentioned before this is for ITV only so you can watch yesterday's Corrie, Emmerdale or any other programme ITV has aired in the last 30 days, this will not work for ITV live streams and take note of your internet quota as these are streaming progs only you cannot download them so don't watch too many episodes in one go (if a BE member knows of a media player that will allow you to download these programmes then please feel free to name it).
Old May 6th 2009, 9:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I tried this and couldn't get it to work. It tried to open real player everytime I tried even though I have WMP as my default player for media files. For me I can't see the benefit as torrents work well and I can watch them on my normal TV rather than sat at my PC.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

Fantastic. My wife has just watched the Friday episode of Corrie and is over the moon. The only reason we subscribe to Foxtel at the moment is so she can watch that soap, and then its a year out of date. Thanks for the helpful advice.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Far too technical for me!!
Old May 6th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks. I tried it and it says they are experiencing technical problems - is it just me?
Old May 6th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Far too technical for me!!
mmm, i think it is something to do with that xpi file. It does not say install only save so I saved it then opened it, but I have no tv screen in firefox. Help
Old May 6th 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by UncleKev
Fantastic. My wife has just watched the Friday episode of Corrie and is over the moon. The only reason we subscribe to Foxtel at the moment is so she can watch that soap, and then its a year out of date. Thanks for the helpful advice.
hehehe it works
Thanks Mate
Old May 6th 2009, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It worked for me!!!

I already had windows media player and firefox so only needed the download and the instructions. I found the very last instruction was slightly incorrect (for me - I have Vista which could explain it) and the media player didn't come up automatically. However when I opened the Media Player and then clicked on the programme I wanted to watch, it prompted me with a list of programs to view my selection on - I chose the media player and lo and behold, it started to play.

(Hope this helps people who have had probs!)
Old May 6th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

OMG !!!

You have made my day/week/month/year, even!

Saves me downloading from thebox.tv and I can watch it instantly.

So glad that I don't subscribe to Foxtel. I knew that Foxtel would be obsolete in no time at all.

Err, any chance of same for BBC programs?
Old May 6th 2009, 2:14 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Thanks Flyaway for the extra instructions, you are correct in that the Windows media player may not start automatically especially if it is not your default player. Just start windows media player manually before you choose your ITV programme and then all should be fine...

For those people that are seeing the message "save file" when you try to install the add-on. I would guess that you must be trying to download this file using Internet Explorer, Chrome or the Safari browser if so then the set up will not work. You must use the Firefox browser when you carry out step 2 of installing the add-on...
Old May 6th 2009, 11:06 pm
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by northernbird
I tried this and couldn't get it to work. It tried to open real player everytime I tried even though I have WMP as my default player for media files. For me I can't see the benefit as torrents work well and I can watch them on my normal TV rather than sat at my PC.
The good thing about this method is most modern computers have an HDMI connection so my PC is hooked up to my HD TV and all I do is choose a programme and I'm viewing it instantly, unlike torrents where you have to download the file to the PC then burn it to DVD to play on the telly..

Torrents may work for some but not for others, I personally don't touch them as you run the risk of importing viruses, adware and spyware on to your computer, if you pay your bills, shop and bank online using the same computer you download your torrents to, then you are far more braver than I and my job is in computer repairs, I would say around 50-70% of them are infections because the owner downloaded something they shouldn't have.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

stalybridge will become famous soon enoughstalybridge will become famous soon enough

thanks aussiedreamz, great to watch up to date things..

can you explain to me why you need Firefox for this and why IE wont do it?
Old May 6th 2009, 11:44 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

The good thing about this method is most modern computers have an HDMI connection so my PC is hooked up to my HD TV and all I do is choose a programme and I'm viewing it instantly, unlike torrents where you have to download the file to the PC then burn it to DVD to play on the telly..

Torrents may work for some but not for others, I personally don't touch them as you run the risk of importing viruses, adware and spyware on to your computer, if you pay your bills, shop and bank online using the same computer you download your torrents to, then you are far more braver than I and my job is in computer repairs, I would say around 50-70% of them are infections because the owner downloaded something they shouldn't have.
I can see how this would work if you have all the new fangled gadgets. I also see the point about viruses. I think I am taking as many precautions as I can to avoid adware, spyware and viruses and so far (touch wood) haven't had an issue. A high speed connection enables me to get a regular episode of corrie down onto my PC, onto a thumb drive and watching it within 8 minutes so I don't suppose that's too long to wait.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

stalybridge will become famous soon enoughstalybridge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stalybridge
thanks aussiedreamz, great to watch up to date things..

can you explain to me why you need Firefox for this and why IE wont do it?
actually you dont need to, I see now that the 'add on' is cheating the system.

is it possible to do this with BBC ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.