Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Irish posts from the "where in the world" thread....

The Irish posts from the "where in the world" thread....

Old May 30th 2010, 1:16 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could live anywhere in world where would it be?

Originally Posted by Beedubya
How about those 2 little boys out the day before Mother's Day in Warrington who were buying presents for their mums. Warrington for God's sake, it's not exactly like this is some military town full of Black and Tans, no excuses or alibis will ever convince me that this just wasn't plain murder however you like to dress it up about "The Cause."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/7306138.stm
I was living in Warrington at the time. Was up feeding our eldest who was only a baby a couple of weeks earlier when they blew up the Gas Storage thing and thought we were being invaded by aliens. Would have been in the town centre that day but the baby was playing up - thank God is all I can say. Walking through the centre afterwards was so eerie.

Tim Parry was one of our sea scouts - lovely kid - I don't know if I could have taken the stance that his father took afterwards, I guess you do what you can to feel that the death wasn't in vain.

Anyway, back to the topic - if I won the Lotto, I'd still live exactly where I am now, I love it. I might have some homes in other places too - but my day to day life would be here.
Old May 30th 2010, 5:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Irish posts from the "where in the world" thread....

I've separated the "Irish question" posts from the other thread so we can get that one back on topic. Please don't get abusive or rude in this one, I don't want it to end up in TIO
Discuss the subject, NOT the individual posters......
Old May 30th 2010, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've separated the "Irish question" posts from the other thread so we can get that one back on topic. Please don't get abusive or rude in this one, I don't want it to end up in TIO

Where's the fun in that !!

OK, I promise.
Old May 30th 2010, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

You may want to review post 79 in this thread.
Old May 30th 2010, 5:52 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You may want to review post 79 in this thread.
Give us a chance, takes time to sort a mess like this!!!

Nope, it's staying
Old May 30th 2010, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

Give us a chance, takes time to sort a mess like this!!!

Nope, it's staying
Well it was #79 when I first looked... it's now #74.
Old May 30th 2010, 6:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

BB I have usually found your posts to be quite humorous but how you can post this sh**e is beyond my understanding. How about those 2 little boys out the day before Mother's Day in Warrington who were buying presents for their mums. Warrington for God's sake, it's not exactly like this is some military town full of Black and Tans, no excuses or alibis will ever convince me that this just wasn't plain murder however you like to dress it up about "The Cause."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/7306138.stm
I'm not in the business of 'dressing' anything up or making excuses for anyone/thing,read my posts in more detail then comment.
Old May 30th 2010, 6:07 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well it was #79 when I first looked... it's now #74.
Not any more it isn't
Old May 30th 2010, 10:35 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I'm not in the business of 'dressing' anything up or making excuses for anyone/thing,read my posts in more detail then comment.
BB it was your flippant remarks about Manchester that riled me to be honest, even though it's not my favourite city for obvious reasons being a Scouser as I am, it still is in my part of the world full of decent, ordinary law abiding, God fearing citizens for the most part....hell I even have Manc relatives!!

Can you explain the murder of these 2 little kids BB? A great way for the IRA or whoever it was to update the shopping mall facilities in Warrington? This is where my family go to do their big shops for the likes of clothes and shoes, this is just a normal town in the north, not an army town, not a town of any note, just a wee town.

Last edited by Beedubya; May 30th 2010 at 10:50 pm.
Old May 30th 2010, 10:45 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I was living in Warrington at the time. Was up feeding our eldest who was only a baby a couple of weeks earlier when they blew up the Gas Storage thing and thought we were being invaded by aliens. Would have been in the town centre that day but the baby was playing up - thank God is all I can say. Walking through the centre afterwards was so eerie.

Tim Parry was one of our sea scouts - lovely kid - I don't know if I could have taken the stance that his father took afterwards, I guess you do what you can to feel that the death wasn't in vain.

Anyway, back to the topic - if I won the Lotto, I'd still live exactly where I am now, I love it. I might have some homes in other places too - but my day to day life would be here.
Dreamy this is the nearest big town for my family to shop in so I do know where you are coming from.

Tim Parry's dad is a very special person and I don't know many people who could have been as understanding and as compassionate as him.
Old May 31st 2010, 12:58 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

BB it was your flippant remarks about Manchester that riled me to be honest, even though it's not my favourite city for obvious reasons being a Scouser as I am, it still is in my part of the world full of decent, ordinary law abiding, God fearing citizens for the most part....hell I even have Manc relatives!!

Can you explain the murder of these 2 little kids BB? A great way for the IRA or whoever it was to update the shopping mall facilities in Warrington? This is where my family go to do their big shops for the likes of clothes and shoes, this is just a normal town in the north, not an army town, not a town of any note, just a wee town.
I am also not in the business of explaining away terrorist atrocities in England nor british sanctioned murder of innocent people in the north of Ireland,it was a flippant remark,nothing more nothing less.When you have grown up in a war zone and then spend more years in other peoples war zones,you get like that,life is tough,endure it.