Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are immigrants disliked in Australia??

Are immigrants disliked in Australia??

Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Are immigrants disliked in Australia??

Originally Posted by burtreynoldsisonit
but this really can't be a good thing.
Why's that? ..the earth has been heating up and cooling down in cycles for thousands of years.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:04 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
You need some sun.
And you need to get out of it, sweetheart ...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Why's that? ..the earth has been heating up and cooling down in cycles for thousands of years.
Wish my house would cool down
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hutch, it's not like you to feed the troll.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's raining here. boo hoo
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Hutch, it's not like you to feed the troll.
Just playing with it mate. Waiting on a business call from blighty ...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

burtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant future

True, but recently hasn't it has rising at a higher rate? Some argue global warming. I believe in global warming although some people don't. Either way, an increase in global temperatures may in cause broader changes, such as glacial retreat, Arctic shrinkage, and worldwide sea level rise. Changes in rain patterns may result in flooding and drought. There may also be changes in the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events. Also think about agricultural yields, reduced summer streamflows, species extinctions, and increases in the range of disease vectors. I don't see any substantial positives.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

True, but recently hasn't it has rising at a higher rate? Some argue global warming. I believe in global warming although some people don't. Either way, an increase in global temperatures may in cause broader changes, such as glacial retreat, Arctic shrinkage, and worldwide sea level rise. Changes in rain patterns may result in flooding and drought. There may also be changes in the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events. Also think about agricultural yields, reduced summer streamflows, species extinctions, and increases in the range of disease vectors. I don't see any substantial positives.
No such thing as global warming. Just a myth.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

burtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant future

No such thing as global warming. Just a myth.
Actually, you could very well be right. My reasoning would be all the cars we have in the world. When I think about it though, cars that give out harmful emissions aren't legal to be on the road (In Western countries, at least). I'm not fully convinced on either way but there are concerns I have for the very distant future. Who knows, those concerns might be for nothing at all.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

Australians are no more racist than any other English speaking country; if you want to see real racism go to Japan!

The term ‘wog’ is a name mostly directed at Italians and Greeks and yes it was a derogatory term many years ago as was ‘skip’ the name used by Italians and Greeks for Australians. They are both now used mainly as friendly banter. There was a movie out quite a while ago called Wog Boys which helped to smooth a lot of the problems between the skips and the wogs.

I used to live in the centre of Fremantle in the late 80’s early 90’s the racism there was quite bad, but directed at Australians. I have blond hair and blue eyes, a stereotypical aussie, it used to be a very uncomfortable feeling, standing waiting to be served at my local deli, the owner, although could speak English refused to do so, and used to treat, not just me but any aussie, like we had no right to be there. That is where the problems start, people not making the effort to assimilate into their new society, then treating the locals with contempt. This is the same with a lot of the Asian immigrants, after a while it builds resentment towards them. It may not be the majority of immigrants but unfortunately human nature being what it is, the rest get tared with the same brush. You only have to look at the UK, from what I have read on this forum there is not much love for the Polish. I can imagine that there would have been the occasional bl**dy Poles! blah blah blah, coming from the mouths of many of you.

Now on saying all that the majority of Australians take people for who they are, not what they are, if you treat someone the way you would like to be treated 9.9 times out of 10 you’ll be treated the same.

On the Aboriginal side of things, yes there is a problem on both sides and I can’t see that changing in the near future.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:02 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with the BNP
Racism is not acceptable in any circumstance and it's not welcome on B.E.
Consider this your first and only warning.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:26 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My doctor is black, shall I remind him to be really grateful for the 'white man' allowing him to train as a medic?
What is it you do for a living?

Last edited by Cheetah7; Feb 6th 2008 at 5:28 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:08 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

The Educational systems are formulated and presented in a manner that makes it possible for Whites and Asians to understand, possibly the message needs to be presented in a different manner???

I think the term Aboriginal is more appropriate as there are similarities with Maoris, North American Indigneous peoples,S.A Indians etc, a difficulty assimilating a white culture and its' Teachings??
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Mick_Beck_Cat will become famous soon enough

I'm an aussie male living in the UK with my english wife and i dont think that all aussie male think women are stupid at all although a couple of my ex's must have been and i think my wife is a bit mad for putting up with me. I grew up in cental queensland so i can say i've seen my fair share of sexism agaisnt women. but most aussie women give as much as they get if you shitstir any of my female aussie friends you better run or cover cos they will return the favour real quick.
Golden rule in most homes in OZ is a man's home is his castle and he is the king of that castle(until the wife comes home).
if i tell my missus what to do she will disagree or just beat the shit out of me when we get home,got go the wife's home.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

That's because it hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure there will be good results as well as bad. Think about the last ice age, when it all began to melt - the cavedwellers may have been thinking that the sky was going to fall on their heads! But actually we like it a bit warmer. Less good for those whose homes ended up underwater... but then the isolation of some continents gave us new an interesting species to try and protect....
All swings and roundabouts, and bugger all we can do about it so no use in worrying!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.