Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Wikiposts

If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:16 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
and i would agree with that, when in Rome ....

it was just that your post was aimed at Hutch, and i wouldnt have Hutch and sensible in the same sentence

Just because your disagree with everything I say, does not mean I am not a sensible sort of person.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just because your disagree with everything I say, does not mean I am not a sensible sort of person.
i dont disagree with you at all. But you do go out of your way to sometimes post mental, argumentative, humerous, and sometimes abstract posts.

its not a bad thing

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:25 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

You are Captain Sensible aren't you
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:28 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
We went to work in the 'Copper Belt' in Zambia, 1976.

The company we were going to work for sent us a lot of information about food, clothes etc., with prices for each item.

Being very niave, (SP?) at that time, I thought that the N/A meant that the price was not available. Silly me! It meant that the ITEM was not available.

No Apples, no cheese, eggs that tasted like fish because they fed the chickens 'fish meal', urgh!

No clothes shops!

No meat apart from chicken and pork.

The 'old timers', original 'colonials', and the locals, (I worked for an African couple running a nursery), taught me how to make the best of the ingredients that were available.
Hutch was one of those locals, and he taught Machiavelli how to make a fillet steak from dry clay, dead leaves and water.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
You are Captain Sensible aren't you
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...inSensible.jpg
I said Captain, he said what.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

I said Captain, he said what.
at least theres happy talking, talking

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by markallwood
Hutch was one of those locals, and he taught Machiavelli how to make a fillet steak from dry clay, dead leaves and water.
They certainly keep you regular.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I guy i know refers to oz as a 3rd world country cos coles doesn't have haggis
I refer to it as a third world country because it is a third world country.....haggis or not.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:48 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

They certainly keep you regular.
Back on topic please, you people. This is not just some 'discussion' in the pub you know.

(especially for Grayling)
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Back on topic please, you people. This is not just some 'discussion' in the pub you know.

(especially for Grayling)
Good job you lot are around.....someone may have said something less than complimentary about Australi if you had not been around to put them right.

G
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:50 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Good job you lot are around.....someone may have said something less than complimentary about Australi if you had not been around to put them right.

G
That's right. Imagine what would happen then!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Some potential migrants might be put off from coming?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:53 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Less than complimentary is fine. Slagging it off is fine. Complaining about the cost of a single cherry tomato is fine. Hating the whole f'ing country because the locals shop barefoot and collect the post in their nighties - fine too.

But bare-faced lies ...

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

actually the last time i said anything less than complimentary, the thread was removed.

Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Hating the whole f'ing country because the locals shop barefoot and collect the post in their nighties - fine too.

I have been sitting down by the river this morning watching the natives go off to work.

I find it quite touching how they have been able to fashion a primitive society in such a hostile environment.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.