Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Wikiposts

If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Originally Posted by Hutch
Ah Brisbane - had forgotten you'd settled up there. That explains everything.

Indeed
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you think the choice is Aus supermarkets is pants (and expensive) now ........

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
I've been told that I make the best 'Thai' in Brisbane!

You have to know how best to use your spices and herbs, LOL!

Mxxx
where do you stay? I have a nice wine to go with a thai
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
where do you stay? I have a nice wine to go with a thai
Well, in true Scottish style...... so don't be offended, I stay in my house, and visit lovely, commutable, places from my house, LOL!

Would that be a nice white wine?

We could come to an arrangement! Most of my friends now turn up with those plastic 'takeaway' boxes and steal my Thai curries to take home and serve as their 'own' to other friends!

PM me where you are!

Mxxx
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Well, in true Scottish style...... so don't be offended, I stay in my house, and visit lovely, commutable, places from my house, LOL!

We could come to an arrangement! Most of my friends now turn up with those plastic 'takeaway' boxes and steal my Thai curries to take home and serve as their 'own' to other friends!

PM me where you are!

Mxxx

where do you get you veggies?
that is low, if i get a doggy bag you will receive full credit
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Our Woolies only has one try of suet Not much choice there
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
where do you get you veggies?
that is low, if i get a doggy bag you will receive full credit

Veggie store at Margate Mall! (On Redcliffe Peninsula)

Mxxx
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

PM me where you are!

Mxxx
M - I'm in Brisbane too and I love Thai food - you should start in business!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rabsody
M - I'm in Brisbane too and I love Thai food - you should start in business!
sounds like at least 2 customers already!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Being charged by an elephant!
Do they take Mastercard?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Nor are they here. The 'big name' drive-thru burger joints here on the edges of the town and the big supermarkets are in the middle. In the immediate vicinity of the big shops here are, hmmm, about 15 cafes (including two excellent organic ones), two kebab/burger joints, pizza hut, three noodle bars, a juice bar, subway, two chinese restaurants, one indian and two thai. They sure as shit are not 'surrounded by drive in burger joints'. If they are where you live, perhaps they're pandering to the bogan neighbourhood you've clearly settled in.

Crikey...

Don't beat around the bush with the insults will you.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Crikey...

Don't beat around the bush with the insults will you.
Could you point all these insults out please.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Could you point all these insults out please.
The bogan neighbourhood thing per chance?

FWIW i happen to know the area grayling lives and it's one of the pricier suburbs in bris.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rabsody
The bogan neighbourhood thing per chance?

FWIW i happen to know the area grayling lives and it's one of the pricier suburbs in bris.
More redneck than bogan then?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

I think he'd like you to make a list, he seems to like them.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Well, it is Qld!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.