Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

Wikiposts

How has your day been?

Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:32 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by rasen78
Whole weekend has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Lots of friends, surprise family members and surprise gifts have led to a few sniffles. BBQ and booze, fine weather and little sleep and now we need to prepare for our visit to he Emerald Isle and Scotland for more farewells

Such a strange time
I think it's great that you are making the time to do the grand tour of family farewells. It's not easy I would imagine, but I truly believe that it's better to face the goodbye and see all the faces and places you love before you go. I only got to say goodbye to one of my brothers as I had to make a sudden dash back to Australia because my then OH was ill and so didn't see any of the aunties, uncles, cousins or friends and it's bugged me for the last 5 years. So enjoy your time, take heaps of photos and store up some more great memories for you and your younguns! Have a great time
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:36 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and as for my day so far ... it's not got off to the greatest of starts. It's a tad chilly here this morning and a dew on the grass, and so it was with not quite enough trepidation that I did the grand tour of the back lawn hunting dog bombs before the lawn bloke comes round. I trod in something cold, smelly and squelchy! ewwwwwwww!!! Hopefully the day will get better! Another full week of shifts at work, so after an awful pay week last week where there wasn't enough to even cover the rent, the next two should be ok - yayyy! We shall eat this week (but not til Wednesday ).
Old Jul 29th 2012, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

My younger sons class want parents to come in to teach a skill, so I asked him what skill I could come in and do to be told that "Mummy you don't have any skills"...
Old Jul 29th 2012, 6:31 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Mummy3
My younger sons class want parents to come in to teach a skill, so I asked him what skill I could come in and do to be told that "Mummy you don't have any skills"...
Putting up with kids is sometimes a skill in itself

My day has continued as it started with a pile of squelchy poop. I didn't get the job and I'm totally gutted. It's the first job that I've applied for that I really really wanted. I've also had a disagreement with a pillar in a carpark and have scraped the wing of my shiney pumpkinmobile - I'm sure the pillar moved or expanded or something of that sort, because it can't possibly have been my fault. It's somewhat ironic that at the time it happened I was reflecting on the fact that I'm happy and financial worries aside am relaxed for the first time in such a long time - seems I was a tad too relaxed in the steering department

Tomorrow is another day, today I have learned (a) don't go poop-hunting in your bare feet (b) don't think happy thoughts (c) don't drive near pillars (d) don't answer my phone (e) don't check my email. If I follow all that then tomorrow might be a better day!
Old Jul 29th 2012, 6:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag

My day has continued as it started with a pile of squelchy poop. I didn't get the job and I'm totally gutted. It's the first job that I've applied for that I really really wanted. I've also had a disagreement with a pillar in a carpark and have scraped the wing of my shiney pumpkinmobile - I'm sure the pillar moved or expanded or something of that sort, because it can't possibly have been my fault. It's somewhat ironic that at the time it happened I was reflecting on the fact that I'm happy and financial worries aside am relaxed for the first time in such a long time - seems I was a tad too relaxed in the steering department

Tomorrow is another day, today I have learned (a) don't go poop-hunting in your bare feet (b) don't think happy thoughts (c) don't drive near pillars (d) don't answer my phone (e) don't check my email. If I follow all that then tomorrow might be a better day!
Sorry you didn't get the job. Maybe they'll come to their senses and call begging you to come work for them.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:00 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Well after my smear test a week ago, I got a call from the doctor this morning saying it was also abnormal (it was the second one I'd had in 6 months because the first one came back showing abnormal cells).

So now I have to go and see a gynecologist Trying not to worry although guess it'll be a little bit on my mind now until I know if there actually is something to worry about

Other than that the day was good. I caught some baddies
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:06 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you didn't get the job
you'll get the other one they were talking about?
Old Jul 29th 2012, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you didn't get the job.Their loss.Another one will come along,you'll see.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Well after my smear test a week ago, I got a call from the doctor this morning saying it was also abnormal (it was the second one I'd had in 6 months because the first one came back showing abnormal cells).

So now I have to go and see a gynecologist Trying not to worry although guess it'll be a little bit on my mind now until I know if there actually is something to worry about

It will be ok.Easier said than done but try not worry to much.At least they are on to it.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on the baddies and don't stress about the abnormal, - easier said than done - plenty of time to stress when you find out if you have something to stress about.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

As the others have said, try not to worry too much. you get seen soon and it's all good.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you having such a bad one...........guess on the positive...tomorrow can only be better

Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on the baddies! Pointless telling you not to worry but please try not to xx
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:23 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up at 4am with a 'busy head', but I had good day at work - I love my job so its no hardship going there and hope they take me on permanently.

Got a message from the Australian Anaphylaxis association (something like that) about Mr PP with some very helpful info and he is seeing the GP next week and is waiting for his allergy appointment so have found there seems to be a lot of support out there.

Poor guy has a mouth and throat full of sores, has lost his sense of taste and his lips are split and dry but other than that, he is doing fine.

We sat having our tea tonight thinking that so many people complain about an ordinary life - in fact, we too have done that ourselves in the past.

But three years ago last week he was in hospital from his MVA, and now this - we have both decided there is nothing wrong in 'ordinary' in fact ordinary is quite nice thank you.

Makes you appreciate what you do have and also look after your health and not take it for granted.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Too much of a challenge... Can one resign whilst still on workers comp one wonders?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.