Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Feb 25th 2014, 7:49 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

My day is going well,got all my kit squared away for my flight to OZ tomorrow,cold beer in hand,n footy on telly
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
My day is going well,got all my kit squared away for my flight to OZ tomorrow,cold beer in hand,n footy on telly
Roll on 12th March.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Poor DD had a bad first day at uni. She was all excited, and although it was a wet day, was looking forward to her first lecture. However, she fell down a flight of stairs, broke both her shoes (mine really- she'd borrowed them) and hurt her knee and fingers trying to stop her fall. At least she didn't break her new i-pad.
When the poor thing got home, she went to have a soaky bath, and to use the body scrub that she'd been given for her birthday. That too was a disaster, as it was all sticky, and she couldn't get the sticky residue off her skin, even after another shower and scrub. She was still sticky this morning.

I've spent the day trying to clean the bathroom. Any tips for getting sticky sugar scrub off taps? After much scrubbing I've got the bath mostly clean, and washed all the towels and flannels, but I keep finding sticky marks where she has walked or put her hands, and not just in the bathroom either! Cotton buds and strong detergent are starting to shift it from the crevices, but there must be an easier way.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Poor DD had a bad first day at uni. She was all excited, and although it was a wet day, was looking forward to her first lecture. However, she fell down a flight of stairs, broke both her shoes (mine really- she'd borrowed them) and hurt her knee and fingers trying to stop her fall. At least she didn't break her new i-pad.
When the poor thing got home, she went to have a soaky bath, and to use the body scrub that she'd been given for her birthday. That too was a disaster, as it was all sticky, and she couldn't get the sticky residue off her skin, even after another shower and scrub. She was still sticky this morning.

I've spent the day trying to clean the bathroom. Any tips for getting sticky sugar scrub off taps? After much scrubbing I've got the bath mostly clean, and washed all the towels and flannels, but I keep finding sticky marks where she has walked or put her hands, and not just in the bathroom either! Cotton buds and strong detergent are starting to shift it from the crevices, but there must be an easier way.
Lemon juice or vinegar.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:08 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

What is the body scrub? I want to avoid it.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Eucalyptus oil may shift it.Hope tomorrow is a better day for her.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brissybee
What is the body scrub? I want to avoid it.
Body Shop crushed sugar scrub. AVOID!!
Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Body Shop crushed sugar scrub. AVOID!!
Tell your daughter it could be worse. I walked past their store and tried the sample lotions on show out the front. One pump of tangerine twirl and I walked off.

2 mins later I am in cotton on and some young girl is peering at me, as I look round she says 'you put something in your trolley'. at least 5 customers start to gawk at me, lovely so I demand the silly tart takes me back to body shop for a bag and body search. She claims the manger sent her after me, the manager claims the girl just asked to go to the loo and had no idea what the hell she was up to.

Really pissed off, I tip my small quantity of shopping on their floor, tip out the my purse and demand they call the police or show me some video footage. BTW another shop assistant by now has checked nothing is even missing They do nothing except pick up my stuff and try to hush me out the store, no apology, no nothing. That really miffed me, so I ask for compensation for the obvious ludicrous blunder by they offer me a cheap tub of some sticky stuff. I refuse and tell them to ring the store owner. After that I get some slightly more expensive product. Its got sesame oil in it and if I use it the dog thinks I am some asian delicacy and tried to lick my legs, horrible sticky stuff, so I know how your daughter feels.

Of course for a month afterwards, everyone had to greet me with 'been shoplifting lately then

Nasty experience.

My nan used to make us laugh she was 80 odd and walked into a London body shop and announced the products smelt like fruit flavoured condoms, like Nan how do you know this

Try bicarb and vinegar on the shower, floor, taps, your daughter, it works on most stuff and is pretty harmless, unlike certain products
Old Mar 6th 2014, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for all the tips. I think I have finally won the battle against the stickiness. The product has been binned.

Got DD some replacement shoes and a raincoat- bang goes another $200, and as I also have to pay the piano tuner $160 on Thursday, my hair won't get done for another month. Bernie will have to look out for a bag lady at this rate!!

Plus I'm not feeling too good this morning, so not going out.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 11:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

. Bernie will have to look out for a bag lady at this rate!!
Its ok, he's used to them.......he's known me for years after all!
Old Mar 7th 2014, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its ok, he's used to them.......he's known me for years after all!

I'll be in pink, not purple or we could be twins!!
Old Mar 7th 2014, 5:04 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be in pink, not purple or we could be twins!!
Sorry to disappoint (if it is a disappointment!) but I'm not part of the Sydney trip I'll have to come down another time.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry to disappoint (if it is a disappointment!) but I'm not part of the Sydney trip I'll have to come down another time.
Awwwwww..........was looking forward to seeing you.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 5:08 am
Home and Happy

Awwwwww..........was looking forward to seeing you.
Yeah would've been good. I shall try and make it to Sydney sometime soonish, I shall certainky give you a yell when I do.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah would've been good. I shall try and make it to Sydney sometime soonish, I shall certainky give you a yell when I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.