Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 11th 2013, 8:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
It is- and all for only $30 this week. Mind you it is helping to keep me fit (I think) which is important. Once I've got used to the walking it shouldn't be as hard. Otherwise motivating myself to get out of the house is difficult.
I guess it's better than gym membership - at least they are paying you
Old Jun 11th 2013, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I guess it's better than gym membership - at least they are paying you
I've never been to a gym - the idea just nauseates me- all those sweaty bodies spraying their bacteria all over the equipment. And all the poseurs too.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 5:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I've never been to a gym - the idea just nauseates me- all those sweaty bodies spraying their bacteria all over the equipment. And all the poseurs too.
A mate I used to work with was a regular gym-goer. We used to get the bus home together some nights, and the stop I got off at was outside her gym - next to our local pub. So we would get off together and she would try and persuade me to go in and have a look "cheap to sign up, blokes are hot, taxi home afterwards etc etc" and I would reply "pub next door, free to sign up, blokes are hot(ish), stagger home afterwards".......

About 10 minutes later she would get a text from her personal trainer saying Ï saw you get off the bus, I suppose you are doing the pub instead of here tonight?"
Old Jun 12th 2013, 6:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

So my provisional electricians license arrived today - I can now work under supervision

Next to it in the postbox was a rejection letter for a job hey ho, on we go.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

So my provisional electricians license arrived today - I can now work under supervision

Hmm pity your not in Melbourne as my freind runs an all female tradesman business caters for women in shelters and muslim households. I reckon she would love a female electrician on the books. She does the carpentry, plastering, painting and general repairs.

Maybe you would have to be fully qualified first though.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hmm pity your not in Melbourne as my freind runs an all female tradesman business caters for women in shelters and muslim households. I reckon she would love a female electrician on the books. She does the carpentry, plastering, painting and general repairs.

Maybe you would have to be fully qualified first though.
Probably but thanks for the thought

My day has got better now though as just had a call from the company that did the telephone interview last week - have an interview on Friday morning
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My day has got better now though as just had a call from the company that did the telephone interview last week - have an interview on Friday morning
Hmmm you sound like a pretty good go getter to me

Your bound to go well here. How they taken to a female sparky in Adelaide ? I think they'll be fine there... would be a different story in Perth and Brisbane so I'm lead to believe. Fine in Melbourne and Sydney as well.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:13 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

In order:

yeah

boo

yeah

Must admit though a rejection letter, inthe post and everything WTF
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hmmm you sound like a pretty good go getter to me

Your bound to go well here. How they taken to a female sparky in Adelaide ? I think they'll be fine there... would be a different story in Perth and Brisbane so I'm lead to believe. Fine in Melbourne and Sydney as well.
I'm not sure how I'm viewed to be honest - I don't worry about not getting a job because I'm female and I have a good and varied industrial background from UK with references to back it up so at the moment I'm playing the numbers game - apply for everything and hopefully something will come up.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
In order:

yeah

boo

yeah

Must admit though a rejection letter, inthe post and everything WTF
People like me even when they don't - I have three of those letters now, although one of them did phone me as well to tell me I wasn't successful
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:19 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how I'm viewed to be honest - I don't worry about not getting a job because I'm female and I have a good and varied industrial background from UK with references to back it up so at the moment I'm playing the numbers game - apply for everything and hopefully something will come up.
That was my approach to pulling back in the day
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:21 am
Shiny Arse Know All

People like me even when they don't - I have three of those letters now, although one of them did phone me as well to tell me I wasn't successful
I also wish bloody companies and recruiters wouldn't advertise the same job multiple times
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:23 am

I also wish bloody companies and recruiters wouldn't advertise the same job multiple times
I know what you mean - some of the sites send out updates - 13 jobs of which only 3 or 4 are different and the rest are links to other sites
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:28 am
Shiny Arse Know All

I know what you mean - some of the sites send out updates - 13 jobs of which only 3 or 4 are different and the rest are links to other sites
These were all on Seek and all 3 contacted me Think the bloke form the actual company wanted my babies - kept saying my resume was AWESOME doesn't say much for the locals
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:35 am

These were all on Seek and all 3 contacted me Think the bloke form the actual company wanted my babies - kept saying my resume was AWESOME doesn't say much for the locals
so did you get the job?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.