Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Mar 9th 2013, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Dreamy
It's an oldie...

How to give a cat a pill

LOL.... wasn't quite that bad, but twas the first time this cat had scratched one of us and it was a pretty deep scratch.

Funny cats aint they.... the one you would think would play up doesnt... the one that is quiet goes loopy.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
So you would prefer then that I not spend $300 per year buying tickets for the MS lottery? No probs! I'll put that $300 away and at the end of the year buy myself something nice knowing that I didn't put any money toward research.
(I'd prefer that you just donate it directly, so that the lottery doesn't take a cut out of it for the prize fund.) I am talking about government lotto and things like that, rather than ones run directly by a charity.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Had a fantastic day yesterday- very emotional, and has left me totally drained. Spent it at the big independent girls school's swimming competition:the highlight of the year. DD was great- 2pb's, and was 6th in the final in the 50back, 4th in the medley relay, and 2nd in the freestyle relay, breaking 30 seconds. This means she has qualified for CIS (combined independent schools) so can't retire just yet!!
Not sure how she feels about more early morning training for the next 6 weeks, but both coaches were very happy with her swimming. I am a little hoarse from all the cheering. The team finished 3rd overall, which is good for a small school that doesn't buy in swimmers with scholarships, and has all but one swimmer trained by the school coach. (He trains at least 4 of the team that came 2nd too!) The team that won has nearly all their swimmers on scholarships, and they train at national level rather than with their own school team.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:06 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
LOL.... wasn't quite that bad, but twas the first time this cat had scratched one of us and it was a pretty deep scratch.

Funny cats aint they.... the one you would think would play up doesnt... the one that is quiet goes loopy.
Trust NO pussy
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Had a fantastic day yesterday- very emotional, and has left me totally drained. Spent it at the big independent girls school's swimming competition:the highlight of the year. DD was great- 2pb's, and was 6th in the final in the 50back, 4th in the medley relay, and 2nd in the freestyle relay, breaking 30 seconds. This means she has qualified for CIS (combined independent schools) so can't retire just yet!!
Not sure how she feels about more early morning training for the next 6 weeks, but both coaches were very happy with her swimming. I am a little hoarse from all the cheering. The team finished 3rd overall, which is good for a small school that doesn't buy in swimmers with scholarships, and has all but one swimmer trained by the school coach. (He trains at least 4 of the team that came 2nd too!) The team that won has nearly all their swimmers on scholarships, and they train at national level rather than with their own school team.
Well done to your daughter, I know the pain, my eldest was in the squad team back in UK, it wasnt so much him getting up at 5 was the killing part, it was us getting up with him, he said he wont follow it when we move to Australia I could have kiss him.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Poor DD had to come home from school yesterday- really swollen tonsils and headache. She tried to catch up the work she missed on Friday due to the swimming meet, but couldn't, so went to bed at 6pm. She slept for 12 hours solid, and after getting up for an hour to do teeth and have more panadol and warm drink, has gone back to bed. Poor girl won't be doing training this week, or cross country tomorrow. Hope she feels better in time for the Y12 assessment exams next week- can't see her catching up missed lessons. She did try to revise, but felt too bad yesterday.

We have Parents' Evening tonight, and she is supposed to come. Not sure she should, but she really wants to. I don't want her spreading germs though, or taking longer to recover.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Poor DD had to come home from school yesterday- really swollen tonsils and headache. She tried to catch up the work she missed on Friday due to the swimming meet, but couldn't, so went to bed at 6pm. She slept for 12 hours solid, and after getting up for an hour to do teeth and have more panadol and warm drink, has gone back to bed. Poor girl won't be doing training this week, or cross country tomorrow. Hope she feels better in time for the Y12 assessment exams next week- can't see her catching up missed lessons. She did try to revise, but felt too bad yesterday.

We have Parents' Evening tonight, and she is supposed to come. Not sure she should, but she really wants to. I don't want her spreading germs though, or taking longer to recover.
I've just spent 3 days fighting a cold and sore throat, sinus pain etc and not wanted to do anything so I know how she feels Hopefully plenty of rest, fluids and regular panadol and she'll feel better soon

I'm mostly better now but it's bitter cold here. Was -3 coming back from training High today was 0 but felt like -12
Old Mar 12th 2013, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I've just spent 3 days fighting a cold and sore throat, sinus pain etc and not wanted to do anything so I know how she feels Hopefully plenty of rest, fluids and regular panadol and she'll feel better soon

I'm mostly better now but it's bitter cold here. Was -3 coming back from training High today was 0 but felt like -12
Brrrrr! Is it snowing where you are? Some of my friends say they have snow- in Wales and in Chesham, Bucks.

Hope the cold doesn't make sinus pain worse. Here it is humid and warm, yet I'm still on the hot chocolate as it is comforting and my throat is also sore!

Just got DD's interview date for citizenship: right in the middle of her exams next week. Guess I'll have to reschedule.

Last edited by carolinephillips; Mar 12th 2013 at 12:48 am.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:06 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The island of Guernsey is officially closed,but thankfully the pubs are open
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Our record hot spell is about to end tomorrow... Thankfully. Bloody busy at work last night after a long weekend in Victoria.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
The island of Guernsey is officially closed,but thankfully the pubs are open
Yöu don't need that emergency drop of beer by parachute then ?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:55 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very excited

In a few months I shall be taking a wee trip into the east coast by MYSELF!!!

No kids, no husband, just me. For the first time in nearly 10 years

I maybe be gatecrashing a wee get-together
Old Mar 12th 2013, 6:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
I'm very excited

Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rasen78
I'm very excited

The east coast is quite large- before I get excited too, which particular bit of the East coast????
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:56 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

The east coast is quite large- before I get excited too, which particular bit of the East coast????
Brisvegas this time. Sydney may be on the cards at some point as we have family there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.