Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Good news indeed

I'm back from the interview just in time for the school run.

Interview went OK, mostly good, decent vibe, in the lap of the Gods now, move on.
Good luck DV

...and I don't just mean for the school run.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Aside from feeling knackered by my new meds, I have had an awesome day and my contract has been extended to end of Feb, Ive been invited to the xmas meal and they are paying for it.

I have had two wanky jobs prior to this one so this is very good news for me and just knowing I have my contract extended makes me want to crack open the wine, except I cant drink so a mug of PG Tips will do.
Congrats- have a glass of virtual wine
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:18 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Aside from feeling knackered by my new meds, I have had an awesome day and my contract has been extended to end of Feb, Ive been invited to the xmas meal and they are paying for it.

I have had two wanky jobs prior to this one so this is very good news for me and just knowing I have my contract extended makes me want to crack open the wine, except I cant drink so a mug of PG Tips will do.
Make sure you wash your hands before you take your meds.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 1:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Make sure you wash your hands before you take your meds.

Not a bad day so far, woke up this morning, watched the news and realised that my car is going to be recalled for the faulty windows issue. Toyota are going to send us all letters telling us to go to the Toyota dealer to get it checked.

Just wondering if I have to wait for that letter or could I do it beforehand? We havent been told not to drive our cars, mind you I always drive with my windows shut anyway.

Got my personal training session tonight, I have barely recovered from the gym the other day so this should be fun.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Having had a brilliant holiday last week, I now have the throat from hell. I blame the airplane. I have to psyche myself up to swallow. Nurofen and Panadol dull it a little but now they're starting to wear off it's agony. Now have Disprin Max so hoping a gargle with that will help.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:11 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Got a call from the Inspector today and found out I got the permenent spot in plain clothes (in the child protection and investigation unit) where I recently spent 4.5 months relieving.

So that's good if somewhat scary news! Some challenges ahead for sure. But in 3 or 4 years you can hopefully call me Detective ScubaEmma!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by itigo
Having had a brilliant holiday last week, I now have the throat from hell. I blame the airplane. I have to psyche myself up to swallow. Nurofen and Panadol dull it a little but now they're starting to wear off it's agony. Now have Disprin Max so hoping a gargle with that will help.
Get some difflam- it is what I used to use when singing, and numbs the throat really well. I also use it when DD has tonsilitis.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Got a call from the Inspector today and found out I got the permenent spot in plain clothes (in the child protection and investigation unit) where I recently spent 4.5 months relieving.

So that's good if somewhat scary news! Some challenges ahead for sure. But in 3 or 4 years you can hopefully call me Detective ScubaEmma!
Congratulations!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DD had to get out of swimming early AGAIN- now she has chest pain, sharp stabbing behind the sternum, which has been getting worse all day. No temperature or cough, doesn't respond to inhaler or ibuprofen. I wonder if it is the way she slumps on the floor over her computer. She said it woke her in the middle of the night. As she is on long term antibiotics for her acne, it isn't going to be a bacterial infection, though a virus still might be the cause.

Sigh. I'd like a clear run of good health for her- it has been one thing after another.

And now I think I'm coming out in sympathy- though mine is probably indigestion.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:25 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:58 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's brilliant, many congrats.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Good for you Emma.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a hot sausage roll on a bench in the middle of perf today.... So much for ladies that lunch eh?

Bit hard on $5 a day

Luckily the nespresso machine at work only costs 50 cts a shot....

(yes, we have a nespresso machine... And a toastie maker)

Well done emma
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:21 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well done

My day started out OK then a summons into the doctors after my recent blood tests. Liver isn't functioning as it should and I have been ordered back on the diet and off the booze

So water with lemon juice and liver friendly spicy veg soup was my evening!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.