Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

Wikiposts

How has your day been?

Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

The past 3 days have been a freaking nightmare. I've been so bloody busy at work with extra stuff that I've hardly had time to do my own job. I've been asked to manage a project so the past 3 days have been filled with meetings and reviewing stuff and writing reports. It's all very interesting, but not what I normally do so it's taking much more of my time than I thought it would. I'm also finishing up the admin side of a recently completed study that my boss was PI for so that's taking a bit of time as well.

Oh, and it's my (not) favourite time - creating the rosters for the consultants. There are 14 of them here and 17 at another hospital. I do both because a lot of our consultants work at both hospitals so I have to make sure their committments don't overlap. Plus I have to factor in their leave, theatre times, etc. It's a once yearly pain in my bottom that I could really do without. And once I've sent it off to everyone I'll spend the next 2 weeks making changes to accommodate their inevitable hissy fits.

Now, where's the vodka?
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

I look like a zombie today. Woke up with conjunctivitis. Think the combination of a cold and my meds that dry my eyes out spawned it. Got drops and have to go back tomorrow to make sure it isn't my other eye condition that needs steroids as we fly out on holiday tomorrow night. Oh joy. 9 hours of eye drying flight to add to it!

My poor GP bulk billed me - he must be sick of the sight of me. At least today it was plainly obvious what was wrong. My daughter keeps telling me how gross I look.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:20 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
GP was a fantastic experience, great atmosphere and I would definitely go again. Glad you are on the mend and feeling better.
Awesome! My Dad is coming over to visit next year and we thought we'd all go to the Singapore GP together before he flies home (from there). That's the current plan anyway. Were you still able to see some of the Singapore sights on GP weekend or was it too crazy and busy? Just because my Dad has never been to SIN before so it'd be good to be able to show him around a bit.

Thanks for the well wishes
Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:23 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

My day today involved nearly 5 hours of pschometric testing to see if I'd be suitable for a permanent spot at CPIU (child protection and investigation unit) where I've spent the last few months doing some relieving. Have to take part in these tests as it's deemed a 'high risk' position due to the nature of some of the work

(I think I passed the tests!)
Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Awesome! My Dad is coming over to visit next year and we thought we'd all go to the Singapore GP together before he flies home (from there). That's the current plan anyway. Were you still able to see some of the Singapore sights on GP weekend or was it too crazy and busy? Just because my Dad has never been to SIN before so it'd be good to be able to show him around a bit.

Thanks for the well wishes
There are an awful lot of of pics of cocktails on her FB so she had some free time.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:02 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
There are an awful lot of of pics of cocktails on her FB so she had some free time.
Sounds good to me!
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:09 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

A phone call that has turned stuff upside down but never mind, nothing I cant handle.

Otherwise quite a good day - going to go home and revise for our citizenship test.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:19 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Had a good day, sauntering around Sydney - I resisted the temptation to throw MIL off the back of the ferry so will have to come up with a new exit strategy.

Mind you, Himself and a stall holder almost beat her to death in Paddy's Market.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I made frappes... Coffee, mocha and chocolate.... Slushies... Vodka lemon sorbet... Parsley sauce, creme patisserie, chaux paste, chocolate dipping sauce, and brioche and croissants and some "fresh" marmalade....

I love giving the bimby a work out
Old Sep 27th 2012, 12:30 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Stay strong. Have some virtual wine, even though it isn't wine o'clock.
It's ok, the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
It's ok, the sun is always over the yardarm somewhere
Pour me an extra large one - very busy day so never want to see any more chocolate
Old Sep 27th 2012, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Pour me an extra large one - very busy day so never want to see any more chocolate
I know you are a martian, but really????? (I'm a chocoholic and those words are scary!!)
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My day began (after a sleepless night and getting up at 5am) with another e-mail from my sister. I hope I've now blocked her totally. She has unfriended OH even though he has nothing to do with it. I hope she doesn't do that to DD as well. I also worry that it was the last straw and she will do something really awful, but I'm trying not to think about it or feel guilty.

Then I got into the city for another eye check up. I am going to need a contact lens as the cataract surgery has not quite corrected my left eye.

Then I went to choose a new worktop for the kitchen as the one we had spent ages choosing was discontined about a week after we ordered it. We forked out the deposit on the kitchen, but now I wish we hadn't, for the following reason:

I went to my new dentist who said he would do the work under the medicare scheme before it closes on 30th Nov. I thought it would just be a general clean and one replacement crown. Oh No. I have a gum infection under my temporary crown caused by the cement leaking out, so I have to have ablative surgery. I have to have 3 new crowns as my veneers are leaking and there is decay underneath. A fourth crown has a gap but as it is gold they are going to bend it a bit and stop the floss from catching under the rim. I have a broken tooth, and will need 3 new fillings as the old ones are crumbly. Oh, and a scale and polish! Even with the medicare rebate, it is going to cost me $6000 and eight hours in the dentit's chair.

On the brighter side, I'll be able to say "all I want for christmas is my new front teeth" as otherwise Christmas is cancelled as far as presents/holiday.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Had a house full of teenage girls over the weekend, but they all go today- I might get some sleep tonight.
OH has been painting our bedroom, and last night the fumes were so bad we were forced to sleep in the study on a sofabed which is really uncomfortably small.(The kids were in the spare room in the proper bed.) Last coat goes on this morning, so hopefully the fumes will have died down by tonight. My eyes were watering like mad.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 1:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up to the full effects of my dogs upset stomach - spent this morning bleaching the laundry room and sanitising it and then washing the dog bed, bowls, toys and the dog himself.

Going in to Freo later - Im driving, Mr PP is drinking then off for a quick swim in the ocean this arvo then back home for a meal.

Got to get myself a new wide rimmed hat today and stock up on total sunblock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.