Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How do women cope with false nails

How do women cope with false nails

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: How do women cope with false nails

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Has anyone seen those acrylic toenails? Can anyone tell me what the point is?
No i haven't..they sound awful..toenails are not the best feature on anyone ,just keep them short and clean and plop some nail varnish on them, not extensions or whatever

as for false nails I have never needed them but I don't think that I could wear them on a day to day basis ... what with all the daily grind us women have to endure
Have to start a thread...High or Low Maintainance
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I've thought about having them done but I know a few people that have and don't like them. Its put me off having them done. My nailes are OK so I think I would rather spend the money on a manicure than on fake nails that don't look that great.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:55 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
here you go, i found a pic (these are long for me) ....

do these look false?
No they dont look false in fact there very similar to mine i have mine more rounded and a tad shorter.I agree those french manicure one look gross.... millions of chavs round here have them and with there tracky bottoms and hoodie top its just not a nice look.

Last edited by Racht70; Apr 2nd 2008 at 4:03 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:53 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Fake nails are yuk!

I was so ashamed of my short bitten nails that I had acrylics. They lasted a week before they looked like they needed doing again and they looked so tacky

I had them removed, invested in some stop'n'grow, taught myself to do a decent manicure and hey presto - lovely, natural,medium length,neat nails
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rabsody
here you go, i found a pic (these are long for me) ....

do these look false?

Hi they look good. Like you I am a life long biter. Tried many things without success. Can I ask where you get yours done/what you ask for? May give it a try.

Thanks

Donna
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:07 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
want to know what they are like though.

I have something wrong with my big toenail on my right foot. Had it operated on twice, had all the creams and powders and they still dont know what it is.

Had it since i was born, not very nice so i'm not going to describe it. would love to know where i can get a false one from.
Asda sell them so do superdrug
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:02 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: How do women cope with false nails

Originally Posted by asher
Asda sell them so do superdrug
...which should be enough to warn anyone off.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit Northernbird, can't you do dangerous yet tender at those special times ?

Long nails are great for some things.

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:18 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Was talked into having my nails done. I hate them. They hurt, feel weird and quite honestly are horrid. Having them soaked off tomorrow, what a waste of money.

Sorry had to get that off my chest!
I like them, and am thinking of having them done once all the visitors have gone and I have some spare money.

They do feel strange to start with and also dont have them too long or your wont be able to do anything. The first time I had them done they where long and I couldnt done anything, even picking coins up was a problem. The next time they where a lot shorter and much easier to get on with.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
I like them, and am thinking of having them done once all the visitors have gone and I have some spare money.

They do feel strange to start with and also dont have them too long or your wont be able to do anything. The first time I had them done they where long and I couldnt done anything, even picking coins up was a problem. The next time they where a lot shorter and much easier to get on with.
I spoke to my MIL last night and she has whats called gel overlays with no tips. I have found a salon that do the gel she has and am going today to have them soaked off and the new overlays put on. It is basically either a a clear or coloured coating on the nail that is chip proof. You still have to go and get infills every few weeks but there is no tip and I think it is the tip that is making my nails feel uncomfortable.

Will report back later when I have had them done.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Dammit Northernbird, can't you do dangerous yet tender at those special times ?

Long nails are great for some things.

like picking your nose. When my girls were babies I kept my pinky fingernail long just so I could pick their noses
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:26 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

like picking your nose. When my girls were babies I kept my pinky fingernail long just so I could pick their noses
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi they look good. Like you I am a life long biter. Tried many things without success. Can I ask where you get yours done/what you ask for? May give it a try.

Thanks

Donna
Thanks Donna

I just get acrylics and get them short - usually flush with the end of my finger - in a squoval shape (half square, half oval). I used to get gel but it can make them too thick and very shiny. Finally I get a translucent pink colour put over the top. Unfortunately my nail lady has been sick for a while so I go to one of those "asian" nail places at Indooroopilly or Kenmore Shopping Centre. It's usually $30-$35 for refills fortnightly.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:02 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Was talked into having my nails done. I hate them. They hurt, feel weird and quite honestly are horrid. Having them soaked off tomorrow, what a waste of money.

Sorry had to get that off my chest!
I'm not in the least surprised, most people have them glued to their fingers .
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I tried them a couple of years ago...very short and round. Within a few weeks all around the nail became red, swollen and bleeding. Had to have them removed...you can imagine how my hands looked for weeks afterwards. Never again.:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.