Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How do women cope with false nails

How do women cope with false nails

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do women cope with false nails

Was talked into having my nails done. I hate them. They hurt, feel weird and quite honestly are horrid. Having them soaked off tomorrow, what a waste of money.

Sorry had to get that off my chest!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:15 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do women cope with false nails

as a bloke, I wonder what motivates women into getting false nails. I understand that it has nothing to do with women wanting to make themselves more attractive to the opposite sex (when I see a women with false nails, I, like most guys, just think to myself "hmm. she's got false nails". there's no added attraction).

so, ladies, what's the story? why bother putting on false nails when you already have perfectly good real nails? seems very silly to me.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:16 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Was talked into having my nails done. I hate them. They hurt, feel weird and quite honestly are horrid. Having them soaked off tomorrow, what a waste of money.

How long have you had them? and what kind?
I was thinking of getting mine done but every time I decide to do it I hear someone who says things like this and think ok no way
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
How long have you had them? and what kind?
I was thinking of getting mine done but every time I decide to do it I hear someone who says things like this and think ok no way
they are gel with glued on tips and I got them done this morning. They look OK I guess but they feel weird and I am not sure that feeling will go away. I am just going to go for regular manicures instead to try and get my own nails looking good. My husband also told me that they look common so that didn't go down well! They are coming off tomorrow.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:23 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
as a bloke, I wonder what motivates women into getting false nails. I understand that it has nothing to do with women wanting to make themselves more attractive to the opposite sex (when I see a women with false nails, I, like most guys, just think to myself "hmm. she's got false nails". there's no added attraction).

so, ladies, what's the story? why bother putting on false nails when you already have perfectly good real nails? seems very silly to me.
Totally agree. It would actually, in a small way, put me off a woman. I would be thinking "how the hell is she going to help me move furniture / clean out the drains etc with those things?" I remember Sam having them done once and she was about as dexterous as woman with hooks for hands.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:31 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: How do women cope with false nails

They look tacky as hell. A complete turn-off.

Plastic talons with squared ends? And that's supposed to attract the opposite sex?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
They look tacky as hell. A complete turn-off.

Plastic talons with squared ends? And that's supposed to attract the opposite sex?
I had mine rounded not square Anyway I agree, they are coming off tomorrow.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:49 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Think that's where you've gone wrong C, they need to be on the ends of your hands, not your t*ts
Why don't you leave them be for the rest of the week and then see how you feel. They do feel strange at first, but you do get used to them. Had mine down by a friend last year and ended up filing them down to just above my own, they looked more real.
Got rid of them though when they started to grow out - couldn't be doing with having them done every few weeks.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:35 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Think that's where you've gone wrong C, they need to be on the ends of your hands, not your t*ts
Why don't you leave them be for the rest of the week and then see how you feel. They do feel strange at first, but you do get used to them. Had mine down by a friend last year and ended up filing them down to just above my own, they looked more real.
Got rid of them though when they started to grow out - couldn't be doing with having them done every few weeks.
I agree, leave them on for a bit longer....i bite mine so i have false nails but i get mine rounded, filed right down and have them painted in a translucent pink they do like real (not tacky as you cant tell there false).
They do feel wierd for a bit...the only way to get them off (well the type i get) is too either soak them in acetone or to crack them (bite the side of the fingers so they crack).
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:37 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking as a (trained but not doing) Nail Technician, false nails - whether it be acrylic or gel, can look fabulous and need not be a hinderance to everyday life. They can help protect your natural nail while they grow or recover from excessive nail biting. They do take a little while to get used to, but you can have them as long or as short, round or square as you like.

Speaking as a normal woman - I can't cope with the damn things whatever length they are! And I won't have them done cos I don't like them.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I had some done in the US that seriously hurt my nail bed!! Apparently I have a flat nail bed and the nails are rounded so they constantly were pulling against my natural nail underneath - that was the explanation I got for the pain!!!

I had them taken off too but they left horrendous bumps in my natural nail that took ages to grow out.

Natural is best I say
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Reedy
I had some done in the US that seriously hurt my nail bed!! Apparently I have a flat nail bed and the nails are rounded so they constantly were pulling against my natural nail underneath - that was the explanation I got for the pain!!!

I had them taken off too but they left horrendous bumps in my natural nail that took ages to grow out.

Natural is best I say
I agree How are you doing?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I agree, they're horrid things.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
I agree How are you doing?
I'm good Things have settled nicely for us all....How are you?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:22 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

More worth it to get a weekly manicure or every two weeks and stop chewing them....

And don't bite acrylics!!! Always soak them off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.