Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How did you meet the love of your life?

How did you meet the love of your life?

Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:39 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you meet the love of your life?

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
Typical woman - its all about the money ha ha

Well I am 46 brown hair blue eyes look much younger than my age and cash? Lets just say I could live a year or two without a job when I get to Oz

See you in Perth?
Well it all sounded soooooo good till you said that word! Perth! Dont you fancy east coast instead?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Well it all sounded soooooo good till you said that word! Perth! Dont you fancy east coast instead?
Maybe I can be persuaded.......tell me about you.

Maybe best to P.M me dont want everyone reading our flirting
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:24 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
we met one night in a nightclub - me and my mates had gone to see strippers, and my other half was there too (but wasnt one of the strippers )
I'll believe you

still waiting to meet mine.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:28 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

*Just loving these stories :0) I've posted this/my sorry tale before, but here goes anyhow..... *

Great thread :0)

I first set eyes on my other half when I was 15 and he 17. We were in my local pub, and he was new from out of town. It was a a mutual attraction but I'd just started going out with a really nice guy and thought it wrong to change my mind so quickly (plus he rode a really cool motorbike ).......but this relationship turned out to be rather stormy and during the separations I used to hang around/drink with my other halfs crowd. My other half became my 'bit on the side' and despite the sometimes confusion...one was 'Bob the other 'Rob' it seemed to suit everyones needs at the time

After a rather serious separation, I actually dated my (now) hubby properly for around 6 months......he asked me to marry him and had money for a deposit on a house........muggins here said no and went on to drunkenly shag an ugly boring 'friend' of his *sigh* and so the relationship quite rightly ended.

I had heard a few things about him over the years...but when I heard that he had got married I was unexpectedly sad....realising that he was the one person I had really connected with over the years (plus he was rather good to look at ) and that I'd thrown it all away so stupidly all those years ago

Speed forward 7 years:

I have been in a disastrous/ violent live in relationship for 7 years and have just made my escape. I meet an old mutual friend in Sainsburys and being a nosey woman have to find out how other half is faring in the world he says " Oh she was caught shagging someone else just after their wedding and they've split up" I wasted no time, phoning his Mum and Dads telephone number that was still ingrained in my memory. To cut it short (I can here you snoring!) That was on the Thursday, we went to see a pub band on the Sunday and I moved in a month later.

12 years on we have had so many major life experiences including 4 kids and are both thankful for the second chance we had....just can't help thinking what might have been if I hadn't of been such an old slapper back then LOL!

Jan ()
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Met my hubby as he babysat for my sister and he asked me for a ride on his trials bike, love at first site.
Been together for 29 years and married 21 years and still love him to bits.

Last edited by ausi dream; Jan 13th 2009 at 2:29 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

My husband was at sea met him when he came to Melbourne, next trip he came back and we got engaged, next trip he went to NZ and flew over and we got married and I sailed away with him on a P & O ship to the UK. Actual time spent together was about 3 weeks, just letters.

We have been married for 36 years now.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Met my hubby as he babysat for my sister and he asked me for a ride on his trials bike, love at first site.
Been together for 29 years and married 21 years and still love him to bits.
So that was a euphemism?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:49 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
Maybe I can be persuaded.......tell me about you.

Maybe best to P.M me dont want everyone reading our flirting
Does that mean you intend to flirt with me???? Maybe I will PM you!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:19 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Petals
My husband was at sea met him when he came to Melbourne, next trip he came back and we got engaged, next trip he went to NZ and flew over and we got married and I sailed away with him on a P & O ship to the UK. Actual time spent together was about 3 weeks, just letters.

We have been married for 36 years now.
fantastic - definitely the best story so far - bless you.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I was chief bridesmaid for my best friend and my now husband was bestman to the groom. Bride and Groom met in Melbourne on working holiday visas. Bride returned to normal insurance job. Groom ended up working with my husband!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I was chief bridesmaid for my best friend and my now husband was bestman to the groom. Bride and Groom met in Melbourne on working holiday visas. Bride returned to normal insurance job. Groom ended up working with my husband!
There is some fantastic stories on here - some funny some romantic and some just real special.

I haven't told mine yet - but we were like ships that almost passed in the night. We never really should have met and had we not met that night I really don't think we would have ever crossed paths again and then i wouldn't be here......
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Does that mean you intend to flirt with me???? Maybe I will PM you!
I will be checking my PM's with anticipation
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
So that was a euphemism?

Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

annemarie and brian is an unknown quantity at this point

well i met my hubby in a nightclub by chance as our freinds convinced
us to go out the night before new years eve and hey there he was my love
and his first words when we got together was i am not getting married or having kids well that all changed 14 yrs later married for 10yrs and have two
lovely girls.

it was defiently fate and love in the end.

annemarie