Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How did you meet the love of your life?

Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:21 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you meet the love of your life?

Originally Posted by 22B
On first reading, it seems as if you knicked your friend's fiance on her wedding day.......

........ you didn't, did you?
no don't be daft he was the best man
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Me-Captain in QARANC based in HK for 2 years.

He-Backpacker lay about touring world.

Me-pissed after multiple orgasms(cocktails dammit get your minds outa the gutter)

He-caught my eye accross crowded pub ,Mad Dogs Kowloon.

Me-Have you got a big d@#k

He-I think so but why don't you check...............................

18 years on and 3 boys down living in fear for our lives in South Africa desparately trying to sell up and get the hell out but still very much together.
PS.It wasn't that big !
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:55 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

It was a hot summers day in Melbourne. I walked into JB-HiFi and there she was on the floor by the others, 40 inches of pure 1080p HD gorgeousness. I put my cards on the table and we have been together ever since.

I met my wife in 1991 when she started working at the ITV in London. A couple of years of really obvious flirting later and we finally got together at one of the famous ITV Christmas parties. I was dressed as a cowboy and she was Pocahontas (with pigtails). I kissed her on the Tube (don't be rude people) as we said goodnight and we have been together ever since. Somewhere along way we picked up a couple of quasi-cute emotional/financial leaches too.

Last edited by bigAPE; Jan 6th 2009 at 8:58 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Interesting article I saw today.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7815095.stm

Only playing devil advocate!! I have been told I am due to meet the love of my life this year! watch this space!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:33 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Interesting article I saw today.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7815095.stm

Only playing devil advocate!! I have been told I am due to meet the love of my life this year! watch this space!
Bah! Cold and emotionless!

Where's the romance? Bring it on!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:44 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigAPE
It was a hot summers day in Melbourne. I walked into JB-HiFi and there she was on the floor by the others, 40 inches of pure 1080p HD gorgeousness. I put my cards on the table and we have been together ever since.

I met my wife in 1991 when she started working at the ITV in London. A couple of years of really obvious flirting later and we finally got together at one of the famous ITV Christmas parties. I was dressed as a cowboy and she was Pocahontas (with pigtails). I kissed her on the Tube (don't be rude people) as we said goodnight and we have been together ever since. Somewhere along way we picked up a couple of quasi-cute emotional/financial leaches too.
Are you sure it wasn't her that kissed you on the Tube?

I'll get my coat.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 22B
How long were you in Colchester?

My OH was an old C/Sgt when we met in France - neither were we looking for looove (though he freely admits he was looking for tail), and similarly 5months later I was living in Colchester on the patch.

I was there 2005-07 for about 18months; I'm guessing you left a while before then?
Hi, I arrived in Colchester in nov 93 and left jul 95. We started out in Marks Tey and then moved into a MQ at Homefield Road close to the Naafi. The MQ had a bath but no shower and the dishwasher had to stand in the middle of the kitchen.. In 02 we moved to Shrivenham and got the same style MQ but they had at least upgraded and there was now room for the dishwasher and there was a proper shower attachment
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all
Smile Re: How did you meet the love of your life?

Saw him in a pub in Bangkok and got instantly attracted ( thought he looked like an aussi :-P tall, athletic n tanned ;o)
Nyways..... my best friend in Bkk was a gay....n we both agreed to like the same guy!!! So had a bet with my gay friend that this Aussie.....(German actually) was not a gay n needless to say i won the bet!
N here we are 6 years later married, one baby boy and waiting to start our Australian adventures!!!
N yes madly in love and smile everyday and looking forward to our next 50 years together!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Saw him in a pub in Bangkok and got instantly attracted ( thought he looked like an aussi

What he was covered in tatoos, with a goatee beard and a beer belly poking out of his Holden/Ford tee shirt

Only joking

John
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirlw
Me-Captain in QARANC based in HK for 2 years.

He-Backpacker lay about touring world.

Me-pissed after multiple orgasms(cocktails dammit get your minds outa the gutter)

He-caught my eye accross crowded pub ,Mad Dogs Kowloon.

Me-Have you got a big d@#k

He-I think so but why don't you check...............................

18 years on and 3 boys down living in fear for our lives in South Africa desparately trying to sell up and get the hell out but still very much together.
PS.It wasn't that big !

Sort of chat up line cracks me up! I was often renouned for my bluntness.. after snogging my now Hubby for a while in a doorway (class all the way) I told him "im not going to shag you, you know"... (my friends used to cringe when I told a bloke that!) ... OH was the 1st who turned around and said "Im not shagging you either"...

Of course, 13 years later and 2 have large as life children together, I suppose you could say that we have since indulged a little !

Em x
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

met my hubby on holiday while i was with 4 other friends who are nurses also.he lived in sheffield i lived in dundee,he came up for my birthday 2 weeks later.engaged and married within the year.3 kids 3 grandkiddies and been married 32 years.going back to live in scotland for 1st time in 32 years (18 years out here).said hes finally taking me home as i am as demented as my sisters??? costing too much in holidays or had enough ha ha
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Thought I had, she bin bagged me 4 weeks ago, coming to Oz in April alone and so I am still looking!!!!!!!!!!!! Any offers out there?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:23 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
Thought I had, she bin bagged me 4 weeks ago, coming to Oz in April alone and so I am still looking!!!!!!!!!!!! Any offers out there?
How old are you? What do you do? How big is it? (bank balance) - I could be persuaded.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:42 am
Best move in life

interested16 will become famous soon enoughinterested16 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sasbear
Well?

How did you? Was it love at first sight? Was it a blind date? Did you steal him from another?
We started chatting on the internet in some yahoo chat room (not dating site!) approx 8 years ago as i was sitting in my home in scotland in the middle of winter bored and was just getting into how to work internet.
It all started as a chat friends sort of thing as we both had boyfriend/girlfriends at the time,it was about 2 years i think before she even e mailed me a photo! We used to chat every few nights and e mail each other when i was away at work..then went onto calling each other every few weeks and i think i told her one night that i thought i was falling in love with her.......
Anyway,to cut the story short...............6 years later i came to Oz on a 1 year WHV and she met me at Melbourne airport (nervous or what!!!i was shittin it!) and took me to philip island for 3 days then we went back to her house.
We got on great and got married 1 year ago and i have never been back to Scotland even to get my belongings yet!! I just came to Oz with a back pack on me back with some shorts/t shirts and a few pairs of jocks!!!
I think its a great story and i love her to bits!
It must of been the most nervous day of my life getting of that plane at Melbourne!!!
Good Story??
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

Sort of chat up line cracks me up! I was often renouned for my bluntness.. after snogging my now Hubby for a while in a doorway (class all the way) I told him "im not going to shag you, you know"... (my friends used to cringe when I told a bloke that!) ... OH was the 1st who turned around and said "Im not shagging you either"...

Of course, 13 years later and 2 have large as life children together, I suppose you could say that we have since indulged a little !

Em x
fab x

told my partner that to ........... we have 2 kids together no idea how they came about as i am a good girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.