Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How did you meet the love of your life?

How did you meet the love of your life?

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you meet the love of your life?

Well?

How did you? Was it love at first sight? Was it a blind date? Did you steal him from another?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How did you meet the love of your life?

In a nightclub on Christmas Eve 1994. He looked bored and I felt sorry for him. I wouldn't say love at first sight, maybe 2nd or 3rd!

On the second date he said "don't get too attached to me I'm moving to Australia" 14 years later with 2 kids we made it together!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll let you know when I've met him

*Quickly turns PC off so that the OH doesn't see that post*
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burkins
In a nightclub on Christmas Eve 1994. He looked bored and I felt sorry for him. I wouldn't say love at first sight, maybe 2nd or 3rd!

On the second date he said "don't get too attached to me I'm moving to Australia" 14 years later with 2 kids we made it together!
Nice one - a true happy ending

[QUOTE=Wendy;7127710]I'll let you know when I've met him

LOL - naughty naughty
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'll let you know when I've met him

*Quickly turns PC off so that the OH doesn't see that post*
PMSL!!! Wendy, I like your style!

Met mine at an archery club. Took me many many months to nab him and years to get him to make an honest woman of me.

But well worth the wait.

Also quickly turns off PC before OH's head swells!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Found mine in the gutter.

Literally. He was repairing the gutters on my house and yes it was love at first sight for both of us. 18 years later we are still like a couple of newlyweds
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:53 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Met mine at work

We left respective partners for each other and despite every one saying it was rebound etc

18 years (19 this year) we are still together....been through some really shit stuff and times....still here, still together....

must have been ..... meant to be (pass the sick bucket some one please)

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

I met mine 10 years ago, I was good friends with her dad, but didnt know he had a Daughter until she came home from Uni one weekend. And it all just went on from there.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Well?

How did you? Was it love at first sight? Was it a blind date? Did you steal him from another?
Met her on a company weekend away in Tunisia- she was with her hubby who had won the trip for his sales performance, and I was 6 years her junior and single (and very green) at the time.

Absolutely love at first sight, red haired beauty. We didn't get hitched but were close to it over the following 8 months or so- we lived 150 miles apart and family issues prevented it and we lost contact.
Last April I did a spot of googling and found her again as she has an unusually spelt Christian name, and got in touch, she replied. We have since met for a day's chinwag, got on famously, and will be doing so again soon- we now live 155 miles apart but IM every day several times.

Oh yes, I should have mentioned, we have a lot to catch up on as until December we hadn't seen eachother for 35 years, when we were in our 20s. Now she isn't red haired, and I have less hair. And we are still the love of eachothers lives. Complications? You bet.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Pissed in a night club doing the rowing boat song (1st time round)

Next thing I know there are a pair of Lycra clad legs wrapped round my waist

I think that was about 28 years ago

John
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Met my husband on a bus, I was drunk and I tripped whilst getting on and grabbed his ankle to break my fall. 22 years on and he still picking me up when I am pissed
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:04 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

At sixth form. I was going out with his best mate who was our best man.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:18 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

In a nightclub four years ago next month.
He told me to walk away from him as he was moving to Australia one day.
I tried to walk away but he wouldn't let me, so here we are 4 years later living in Australia with our two dogs, and very happy
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
At sixth form. I was going out with his best mate who was our best man.
Are you me???

That's how I met my OH too!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

We met at work.......same place as Sam above .....

Knew each other for years before we finally got together. I ended up moving in with Anita "for a month" whilst I looked for somewhere to live.....she's still waiting for me to move out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.