Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How did you meet the love of your life?

How did you meet the love of your life?

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:45 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future
Default Re: How did you meet the love of your life?

I have two life-loves.........

The most recent, I met in the labour ward in Colchester General.
He was a bit slimy and covered in blood, but it was definitely love at first sight.

The earlier one, I met in a bar in Val d'Isere.
He is also a bit slimy.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:24 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

my mate joined the army went to the outer hebrides met a bloke there and came back to get married

meanwhile I was a nursing student

on her hen night the hen party and stag party met up he was drunk and loud mouthed about how we should all go away, in my usual shy and retiring way I told him where to go and what to do with himself mostly in 4 letter words and walked out with the rest of the hen party following me, hate at first sight

The next day at the wedding he spent all day following me and apologising to me. I thought he was stupid because I had been far nastier and I wasn't going to apologise

he asked me out that evening and I said ok I suppose so I haven't anything else better to do and we hit it off and didn't want the evening to end but he had to go back to the outer hebrides whilst I stayed behind many letters and leave visits later we got married
that was 27 years ago now
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:45 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by asher
my mate joined the army went to the outer hebrides met a bloke there and came back to get married

meanwhile I was a nursing student

on her hen night the hen party and stag party met up he was drunk and loud mouthed

On first reading, it seems as if you knicked your friend's fiance on her wedding day.......

........ you didn't, did you?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Husband was a young UK Lt. and on tour in Bosnia 93 - I am Danish and was working for UNHCR. We meet at the 4th of July party in Zagreb. Neither of us was looking for looove but three months later I was living in Colchester. His comanding officer refused to give his permission for the marriage........Bloody Idiot - he believed it was a ''holiday'' fling We ignored him and got married a year after meeting and so far we have lasted to 2009
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i was on an 18-30 holiday on the last 3 days of it - my mate who was a tart and slept with everything with a pulse started talking to 2 guys - i ignored them - she invited them to come back to our hotel - then went to bed with her second turkish lover leaving me with the guys

one fell asleep and i ended talking to the younger lad - we talked all night - meet up the next night - to show him around bodrum as he had only just arrived - we stayed together for the last few days of my holiday

back in blighty he came up to see me in manchester - hes from essex 1 yr on i moved down to essex to be with him

11 yrs later i still have my toyboy he was 21 when i met him - i was nrly 27

however i look younger than him now - hes got so much grey hair that nobody believes hes a toy boy now
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Picking up a job application from a friend in a pub, he worked with her and was in her company, he had electric blue cords on and a t-shirt covered in holes from battery acid

20 years later, and 2 kids, all is really good, never fancied him, just knew he was the one

Bj
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

We met on the Tube. Not many people here in Oz fully appreciate how unlikely that was.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

This has been done before ...so apologies. When introduced to my mate's gf I thought 'you lucky bastard'. Cute, intelligent slim very photogenic. The three of us spent a fair bit of time together.

One day I came in to find a new girl asleep on the sofa infront of the tennis - Wimbledon final. She woke up and we got chatting. There was something about her rapt attention and poise and more was to come - the most perfect bubble butt known to man - care of years of dance trg- evident when she looked out of the window at a Porsche that belonged to another visitor.

Pisser No 1: She got a lift home by owner of said Porsche - was I miffed..was I.
Relief No 1: He was boring!!

I badgered my mate to get his gf to organise another meet. A few weeks later we all met up in a pub. When she walked in I was once more dumbstruck! She'd been tipped off and had made an effort. She made an immediate beeline next to me and I am ashamed to say I turned on the charm and flirt like it was going out of fashion. We chatted all night. As we left my mates's gf got really jealous and wanted to know why I didn't talk to her like that. It had turned out that she had been interested all summer. Silly memory was getting back and her showing us her flexibility - joy of joys - only narrowly matched by my one handed pressups....duh

As for the jealous one, they split up and she married someone else but not before making inquiries about my brother!!! Her boyfriend was still best man at the wedding.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jan 6th 2009 at 3:06 am.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:43 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We met at the Walkabout pub in Nottingham!
She was up from London visiting a friend who was at Uni in Nottingham. I sealed the deal by meeting her the following weekend in London. Luckily Forest were playing Palace that day and she agreed to attend with me. The game was boring and finished 0-0 even though we played them off the park (that was just for you ozzieeagle).
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:48 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by medwaymark
We met at work.......same place as Sam above .....

Knew each other for years before we finally got together. I ended up moving in with Anita "for a month" whilst I looked for somewhere to live.....she's still waiting for me to move out

You guys have the best story. I love it.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:50 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JR230898

I never really knew what love really was, until I met her.

*sigh*

So romantic.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:38 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millie11
Husband was a young UK Lt. and on tour in Bosnia 93 - I am Danish and was working for UNHCR. We meet at the 4th of July party in Zagreb. Neither of us was looking for looove but three months later I was living in Colchester.

How long were you in Colchester?

My OH was an old C/Sgt when we met in France - neither were we looking for looove (though he freely admits he was looking for tail), and similarly 5months later I was living in Colchester on the patch.

I was there 2005-07 for about 18months; I'm guessing you left a while before then?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

We met through a contact mag 19 years ago. There was an error and my ad was placed in a general mag instead of a 'Forces' one, as I fancied meeting a soldier! I received letters (some dodgy, some dead nice) from all around the country and even some from abroad. Then I got one that really made me laugh and that stood out a mile from the rest. Incredibly he lived just one mile up the road from me after moving to Bristol from Plymouth. I'm not religious or anything, but I can't help believing that it was fate. Whatever it was, I'm still very much in love (though he is a complete pain in the arse sometimes) with him and our two lovely kids. Some things are just meant to be. Ahhh
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

backpacking in OZ1985/86.
Stayed in same hostel in Surry Hills . Became pregnant 3 months later while still in Oz. He went back to his home in London, I went back to Germany.
But in the end...here we are , made-in-Oz is 21 years old now and we have 3 more children ....who says holiday romances don't last!

Mrs Ozbaz
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozbaz
backpacking in OZ1985/86.
Stayed in same hostel in Surry Hills . Became pregnant 3 months later while still in Oz. He went back to his home in London, I went back to Germany.
But in the end...here we are , made-in-Oz is 21 years old now and we have 3 more children ....who says holiday romances don't last!

Mrs Ozbaz
Nice one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.