Reload this Page >

House selling in the UK and silly offers

House selling in the UK and silly offers

Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:09 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House selling in the UK and silly offers

Well here is my final word.
I have witnessed over the past 15 years , the seven sins and most of all GREED, which I have indulged in so I'd say I was qualified to say what I see...

I have no sympathy for anyone now, apart from the real starving poor.

Going back to before, inflate your house prices, makes no odds to me, I wont buy anything anyway not now when I hear this.....

I truely think the world is a greedy place and a lost one.

Ps Im not religous.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:20 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Well here is my final word.
I have witnessed over the past 15 years , the seven sins and most of all GREED, which I have indulged in so I'd say I was qualified to say what I see...

I have no sympathy for anyone now, apart from the real starving poor.

Going back to before, inflate your house prices, makes no odds to me, I wont buy anything anyway not now when I hear this.....

I truely think the world is a greedy place and a lost one.

Ps Im not religous.

I think you've made your point mate
Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:22 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, me too, with this soap box and the chip its going to be a tough challenge to climb so high with that weight
Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:24 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
yeah, me too, with this soap box and the chip its going to be a tough challenge to climb so high with that weight
Maybe get a beer out of the fridge and chill - it's Sunday

Back to the traps tomorrow
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I think you've made a sensible decision. There are loads of people just itching to buy but also playing the waiting game. The question is: Who's going to crack first? I reckon it'll be the buyers who are having to pay rent while all this waiting plays out. 'Hoping I'm right because I'll soon be putting my own house on to the market.
According to RICs, rents are falling. Renters have the best of both worlds at them moment it seems, falling rents and falling house prices. When the renters finally start to buy, there will be even less renters to go around all those that want to rent out their houses.

"The latest lettings market survey from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) shows that 55pc more estate agents reported a fall in rents rather than a rise in the three months to April, up from 48pc.

This is the largest negative result since the Rics survey began in 1999 and reflects an oversupply on the market as homeowners look to let properties rather than sell them during the downturn. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...on-record.html
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:10 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
According to RICs, rents are falling. Renters have the best of both worlds at them moment it seems, falling rents and falling house prices. When the renters finally start to buy, there will be even less renters to go around all those that want to rent out their houses.

"The latest lettings market survey from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) shows that 55pc more estate agents reported a fall in rents rather than a rise in the three months to April, up from 48pc.

This is the largest negative result since the Rics survey began in 1999 and reflects an oversupply on the market as homeowners look to let properties rather than sell them during the downturn. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...on-record.html
Which is some ways is good news for sellers because it points towards people holding back from selling their properties and ensures a low supply of houses for sale. The other side of the coin is renting is cheaper now than it has been for the last few years, removing some incentive for people to move away from renting and into owning. And the British urge to own their own home remains very strong.

This debate seems to be a bit of a tug of war between buyers who want to buy houses on the cheap and sellers who want to sell for the best price.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

the British urge to own their own home remains very strong.

This debate seems to be a bit of a tug of war between buyers who want to buy houses on the cheap and sellers who want to sell for the best price.
Plus the banks, who ultimately decide how much the property is worth by what they are prepared to lend in a falling market and are now asking for proof of income. I think the banks win, buyers second and the poor old seller is last.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:41 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
Plus the banks, who ultimately decide how much the property is worth by what they are prepared to lend in a falling market and are now asking for proof of income. I think the banks win, buyers second and the poor old seller is last.
There are so many variables in this equation that anything seems possible right now.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Think the agent was right to say liberal use of white etc would not add literal value.

But from a buyer's perspective, it might help shift it at a price...
Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:23 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We have finally accepted an offer on our house 40k below what it was originally valued at 16 months ago
If we were not moving to Oz & buying again in the UK we would probably reduce the house we wanted by a similar amount so we wouldn't be affected as much, but hay ho at least we can get on with the rest of our lives now & hopefully its the right decision
Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tawkins1
We have finally accepted an offer on our house 40k below what it was originally valued at 16 months ago
If we were not moving to Oz & buying again in the UK we would probably reduce the house we wanted by a similar amount so we wouldn't be affected as much, but hay ho at least we can get on with the rest of our lives now & hopefully its the right decision
Well done!

Good luck with your new life down under!

PS: I have two viewings set up for my house already and today is only the fist working day since it went on the market!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:53 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Well done!

Good luck with your new life down under!

PS: I have two viewings set up for my house already and today is only the fist working day since it went on the market!
Thats fan-flippin-tastic!! Goodluck
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:26 am

.....PS: I have two viewings set up for my house already and today is only the fist working day since it went on the market!
Jeez...you're not going to thump them are you Paul?
Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:59 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I'm spending the summer finishing decorating mine! I bought it as a newbuild in 2005 and still havent managed to paint all of it yet! (allergic to painting, see!) I bought my house for 93k and at the peak of the market it was valued @ 230k, I however, just want about 30k equity out of it, then I'm willing to let it go! Does anyone think I'll manage it!? lol

(3 bedroomed, redbrick semi, huge garden, MAHASSIVE kitchen/dinette and a drive long enough to hold 3 cars! I'll even throw in the dog, for free! lol)
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Jeez...you're not going to thump them are you Paul?
Yes, if it means it'll persuade them to buy the house!

Busy thumping mozzies right now compliments of the current hot weather. Could do with some fly screens. Its a choice between sweating it out with the doors and windows closed or being chowed by the mozzies . Killed 3 in 5 minutes. One of my sons was very bothered by them. Do you think I should tell him about Moztralia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.