Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Wikiposts

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Are you suggesting that the DM doesn't print the truth?
Come on admit it! Don't you miss sitting on the toilet with your copy of The Sun
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Come on admit it! Don't you miss sitting on the toilet with your copy of The Sun
I used to leave that for the workers while I used the staff toilets and read The Times.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:47 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

No problem.I like Grouse or VAT 69 as a blend.No hard feelings. I must go as I meet my son on a Friday for lunch.
No it's not a gentleman's club-but the Shish Mahal curry shop in Glasgow
Good luck
You just named the two friends that got me though a very messy divorce.

Famous Grouce and VAT69.

Long may they reign.

Enjoy the curry.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to leave that for the workers while I used the staff toilets and read The Times.
Thank God your in Australia if your sort were using the staff toilets!!
Can you imagine how even worse the UK would be if you were here?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:50 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Some perspective on the unemployment figures we all see and just how small a change it needs to influence things

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8538751.stm

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Feb 27th 2010 at 8:54 am.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Some perspective on the unemployment figures we all see and just how small a change it needs to influence things

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8538751.stm
So we can blame Eve for the worlds problems then

But, yes, things are easily changed.

Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:38 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...onditions.html

It seems Germany and France have had to bite the bullet. Germany’s state-owned KfW bank France’s state-owned Caisse des Depots are to buy as much as €30bn (£26.7bn) of Greek debt to help the country avoid a calamitous sovereign default – but only if Athens commits to slashing public spending.

In return for the support the Greek government has agreed to implement €4bn of new austerity measures to reach its target of cutting the budget deficit by four percentage points this year.

FAT CHANCE! $20 says they are on the steets rioting if anyone suggests cutting wages, increasing (or even paying) taxes, and lifting the retiring age of 61!!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
[url]
FAT CHANCE! $20 says they are on the steets rioting if anyone suggests cutting wages, increasing (or even paying) taxes, and lifting the retiring age of 61!!!!!
They should be rioting in France & Germany at the thought of bailing out a bunch of lazy Greeks. The only reason they joined the Euro in the first place was because their economy was shot.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:00 pm
Not allowed opinions.

They should be rioting in France & Germany at the thought of bailing out a bunch of lazy Greeks. The only reason they joined the Euro in the first place was because their economy was shot.
For the first time in my life I feel sorry for the French and German citizens, having to prop up the bums of Europe.

I wonder if they STFU about the Elgin Marbles now.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

You know, one of the nicer things about Australia is a lack of this class crap.

No wonder Kev is back in the UK. I can see him now, riding to hounds, shooting on his estate, JP on the local bench, children at the local PNEU, or more likely some minor public school. Member of some club – a minor one, Henley, Ascot. 6th June bang bang a brace.

Get out of my way Slapphead, cant you see a wealthy English gentleman passing. And doff your cap damn you.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...and how very condescending of you. So middle class.
Kev strikes me as just another middle-class bloke.

I can't help but get the impression but most of the people who make an institution out of 'Australia was not good enough for me' tend to be the lower-middle class/run of the mill middle class people who hide behind their job descriptions/degrees/appearances/choices they make in supermarkets (and I respect academia as a profession).
Doesn't make them particularly interesting in my books, nor wrong.

Give me a true working class bloke, or a man of means, even a man like Slappy any day. Someone once said - the only roles in life worth fulfilling are womenhood and soldiering - everything else is temporary...food for thought - don't necessarily agree with it.

Thanks for the milatary history lesson. I've never been in any of the armed forces-nor would I ever want to be. I like to be my own man to much.
Sadly the forces are just fodder for politicians.
I don't find hunting a particularly atttractive pastime either.
The supposed meritocracy that Australia offers serves I believe to bring people to the centre rather than encourage the best and brightest. That is why I prefer the British class system with all its faults to the false equality that Australia boasts.
There are plenty of people who find that the Armed Forces allows them to be their own men too - and it encourages it in some places (in some units more than others infact).

Infact, I find people in the workplace, even at the semi-professional/professional level far more comformist than I found many professional soldiers to be. Still makes me chuckle on occasion! The most conformist are often the lower-middle classes.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Feb 28th 2010 at 12:59 pm. Reason: I typed soldering....which is different to soldiering....most of the time...
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:02 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I can't help but get the impression but most of the people who make an institution out of 'Australia was not good enough for me' tend to be the lower-middle class/run of the mill middle class people who hide behind their job descriptions/degrees/appearances/choices they make in supermarkets (and I respect academia as a profession).

Give me a true working class bloke, or a man of means, even a man like Slappy any day. Someone once said - the only roles in life worth fulfilling are womenhood and soldiering - everything else is temporary...food for thought - don't necessarily agree with it.

There are plenty of people who find that the Armed Forces allows them to be their own men too - and it encourages it in some places (in some units more than others infact).

Infact, I find people in the workplace, even at the semi-professional/professional level far more comformist than I found many professional soldiers to be. Still makes me chuckle on occasion! The most conformist are often the lower-middle classes.

You know, one of the nicer things about Australia is a lack of this class crap.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:05 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Ahhhhhhhhemmmmmmm
EVEN a man like Slappy???

I agree about the armed forces . most people don’t understand what it really means.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:14 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Someone once said - the only roles in life worth fulfilling are womenhood and soldiering - everything else is temporary...food for thought - don't necessarily agree with it.
Or as I heard one young soldier say:

My world is full of Hookers and Corporals
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:18 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by asprilla
Don’t encourage him Asprilla, he will be singing about sausage again, and marching like he just crapped his pants.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhhhhhemmmmmmm
EVEN a man like Slappy???

I agree about the armed forces . most people don’t understand what it really means.
My grasp of English usage fails me once more!

It never ceases to amaze me how much the public claim to know about the forces. Actually in some cases, there is even a mild envy..When it comes to my wife and the peculiarities and method of dance training and execution I have never claimed to know any detail of it. I defer to her on the subject.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.