Good book

Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Just finished The Running Man, it's superb and nothing like the film, nothing at all.
Is there a man running in it?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:41 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished The Running Man, it's superb and nothing like the film, nothing at all.
I never quite understood how it could claim to be based on the book. It had about as much in common with it as I Am Legend does with the book it's based on!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:04 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

After my Janet Evanovich binge of three books in a row, I read Kathy Reichs "Flash and Bones" which was as good as ever, but it was somewhat shorter than her previous books and as I've said before I like BIG books, but nonetheless it was a good story.

I'm now just starting Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik, the second in her Temeraire series, dragons and the Napoleonic wars what more you could ask for
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:23 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I never quite understood how it could claim to be based on the book. It had about as much in common with it as I Am Legend does with the book it's based on!
I know. The book was awesome, what a brilliant ending.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:30 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I know. The book was awesome, what a brilliant ending.
I've never understood how Hollywood can do that.

"Let's buy the options on this book, known for its last three words and how they relate to the entire rest of the story - and we'll delete that, and the meaning, entirely."

They were going to do that with Ender's Game, and to a certain extent they did do it to Lord of the Rings (the scouring of the shire was key to the 'you can't go home again'/its not saved for you motif).

Its like making an ice cream sundae and failing to put the ice cream in it.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
as I've said before I like BIG books, but nonetheless it was a good story.
I'm now just starting Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik, the second in her Temeraire series, dragons and the Napoleonic wars what more you could ask for
Big boobs in big books!

Originally Posted by GarryP
I've never understood how Hollywood can do that.

"Let's buy the options on this book, known for its last three words and how they relate to the entire rest of the story - and we'll delete that, and the meaning, entirely."

They were going to do that with Ender's Game, and to a certain extent they did do it to Lord of the Rings (the scouring of the shire was key to the 'you can't go home again'/its not saved for you motif).

Its like making an ice cream sundae and failing to put the ice cream in it.
That's alright, I never was that keen on ice-cream.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:27 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Big boobs in big books!

That's alright, I never was that keen on ice-cream.
Me neither, I'm a sorbet girl myself
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither, I'm a sorbet girl myself
Had to put me glasses on there,thought you had written 'sober girl'
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Had to put me glasses on there,thought you had written 'sober girl'
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:52 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:20 am

I've just finished Stephen King's Full dark, no stars.

Highly recommended, I thoroughly enjoyed it, was brill.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:55 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I've just finished Stephen King's Full dark, no stars.

Highly recommended, I thoroughly enjoyed it, was brill.
Oh, I love that one... mind you, it's an unusual Stephen King book for me not to love it (although Gerald's Game left me a little cold).

The boys bought me Michael Connolly's latest - The Black Box - for Christmas - I read it in a day, it was so good

They also bought me the latest Karen Rose - Did You Miss Me? - that one is annoying me for some reason...

On the Kindle, I'm ploughing through some vamp/werewolf/necromancer rubbish and then I'm going to read the second in the Justin Cronin The Passage Trilogy - The Twelve... making myself wait.

Over Christmas, I re-read Stephen King's 11-22-63. I think I've already mentioned it on this thread but for a book I didn't think I would particularly enjoy, I really, really did.

He does a good yarn, does Mr King.

I got some Amazon.co.uk vouchers for Christmas off MIL so I shall be trawling through that to see what's going on - the new Ian Rankin, methinks.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

My copy of "Good Christian Bitches" arrived... Read it in one sitting

It wasn't
Old Jan 6th 2013, 7:06 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I got some Amazon.co.uk vouchers for Christmas off MIL so I shall be trawling through that to see what's going on - the new Ian Rankin, methinks.
The new Rebus book? I want that - but I've only seen it in the larger size books and I like standard book size .... I'm a fussy biatch eh So I might wait a while, it's on my list though!

I just reread Bryce Courtenay's The Power of One - it's a great book, going to have a bit of a break and then reread Tandia. I should be getting a Jasper Fforde book from Book Depository soon that I pre-ordered, pretty sure it's due out in january, so I have that to look forward to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.