Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:49 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

As all the others have said, this is a tough, tough time but you will all get through it. Chin up and face the day. Best wishes to your family from mine.

Feel this.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...now that's a virtual hug!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 7:40 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Still sending positive thoughts and hugs. Hope you get to cuddle him soon.

Joex
Old Nov 26th 2006, 12:03 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

On friday i finally got my cuddle.........an i was looking down at him and it went horribly wrong.

Projectile bile green vomit aka excorcist style! :scared:

He went down hill very quickly after that and ended up on oxygen, looking very blue and the big boss being paged out of her training seminar. She raced up and barked out her orders (she is german and rather good at this) then we waited for a bowel xray. He gradually settled and it turns out hes full of wind, we mean FULL !! (it puts pressure on the heart and lungs, well the whole diaphragm really causing all sorts of breathing problems)

So when i asked her what they will do for him she said nothing it will dissapate itself. Then i said well what if it doesn't???

She said well it always does because she hadn't heard of an exploding baby. Yet.

So they stopped feeds AGAIN! then he settled and they decided not to give his last dose of heart medicine (to shut the duct) because that can cause feed intolerance. They decided to leave him on the two strong anti's "just in case". His ventricle is going up in size again so they will be doing another lumbar, its just a case of timing it so that they don't go in to soon and not drain enough CSF and not to late so he gets as sick as last weekend. Apart from that he was good yesturday so they started him a ml an hour, Then i said my goodbyes and he starts the sodding twitching again!

SO they stopped his feeds AGAIN. And apparently is a little better again and settled by 9.30 this am.

PAH!!!!!

I'm not cuddling him anymore now
Old Nov 26th 2006, 1:21 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
On friday i finally got my cuddle.........an i was looking down at him and it went horribly wrong.
Oh hevs... you poor thing and the poor wee guy.

(((((Hugs)))))
Old Nov 26th 2006, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs,
So difficult to find the right words when life is so tough for you all right now.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I know it must be terribly difficult to stay positive when you are on this rollercoaster, but try your best.

Whisky
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there girl, my thoughts are with you

Sarah
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

He went down hill very quickly after that and ended up on oxygen, looking very blue and the big boss being paged out of her training seminar. She raced up and barked out her orders (she is german and rather good at this) then we waited for a bowel xray. He gradually settled and it turns out hes full of wind, we mean FULL !! (it puts pressure on the heart and lungs, well the whole diaphragm really causing all sorts of breathing problems)

So when i asked her what they will do for him she said nothing it will dissapate itself. Then i said well what if it doesn't???

She said well it always does because she hadn't heard of an exploding baby. Yet.

So they stopped feeds AGAIN! then he settled and they decided not to give his last dose of heart medicine (to shut the duct) because that can cause feed intolerance. They decided to leave him on the two strong anti's "just in case". His ventricle is going up in size again so they will be doing another lumbar, its just a case of timing it so that they don't go in to soon and not drain enough CSF and not to late so he gets as sick as last weekend. Apart from that he was good yesturday so they started him a ml an hour, Then i said my goodbyes and he starts the sodding twitching again!

SO they stopped his feeds AGAIN. And apparently is a little better again and settled by 9.30 this am.

PAH!!!!!

Poor you I really wish I was closer, I'd be round like a shot to try and help you through this.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 8:27 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Poor you I really wish I was closer, I'd be round like a shot to try and help you through this.
Ditto that Wendy

Still thinking of you all Hevs xxx
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))

to you all. Still thinking and praying for you.

Lynne x
Old Nov 26th 2006, 10:17 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

PAH!!!!!

Your family are never far from our thoughts, can't wait to come on this thread and get the good news that he's turned the corner - I know he will. It's a good thing that you cuddled him and he vomited, it might have been a long time before they realised he was full of wind if you hadn't, so don't give up the cuddles. Remember its the most natural thing in the world for you and Flynn to cuddle, so more of it not less! - we will carry on reading every day and keep praying for you all.

Nic
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I dont often pray mate, but there will be a big one for you and yours tonight.

Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Nov 26th 2006, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Been thinking of you all this weekend. Still praying that all goes well
Mandy
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Well yesterday was another eventful day in paradise

Loads more braddys, stopped feeds again, more green stuff when they pulled back up the tube. Also soooo much mucus when they suctioned him, it was disgusting, sooner he learns to blow his nose and hoyk up the better!

Loads more blood tests, but still inconclusive. The main thought being immaturity of the respiratory system. Also, because of where the bleed was it could be that its breaking down/ causing swelling and causing the messages to the brain to be a bit scrambled.

Clara (my named guru Dr and christener of "Monkey") had a good look at him yesterday and told me that after seeing how ill he was last sunday, this was much better. She is convinced that he just needs time to get himself sorted. I had been told earlier that the heart duct was shut, Clara's not convinced as she said she could still hear a murmur, but it was quieter. (my jury's out on that one!) She said they have tested everything and theres nothing scary and not to keep blaming everything on the bleed either. wacko.gif She decided to start his feeds at 8pm last night at 2ml an hour and just keep him on that for a good few hours and take baby steps....

As ever, she seems to have made a good call. I just called the hospital and hes had a slightly better night and only one braddy this am. The same nurse has got him this am and she said he seems a bit better today. Feeds are still 2ml. No air or green stuff on draw back and tummy remains soft.

Cranial Ultra sound this am so we will perhaps know when the lumbar is to be done sometime today............................................. .

That was yesterday, this is today......

I don't know about a corner, but i think we have turned a slight bend today?!?!?!

He is tolerating his baby 2 ml per hour feeds and is only having braddys at feed time. His ventricle is the same size (next C.U. thursday)

My baby's beautiful big eyes were fully open and, for the first time in 11 very long heart wrenching days, was looking around and was managing to charm the pants out of his lady Dr!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

My baby's beautiful big eyes were fully open and, for the first time in 11 very long heart wrenching days, was looking around and was managing to charm the pants out of his lady Dr!!
Aw sweets, that's such a lovely thing to read. I so hope he goes from strength to strength. We've all been thinking of him up this way. Your courage is amazing, Hevs. Little Flynn must have inherited it too.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:32 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Finally cracked a smile whilst reading your update, lets hope things keep improving.

Nic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.