Feeling crap

Old May 16th 2006, 10:41 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling crap

Originally Posted by Pants
Hello matey

I'm still about but don't really post much nowadays....plus when I read about Oz it does make me feel a bit unsettled and I know it drives OH nutty !!! so try to wean myself of...lol...I have my happy memories of Oz and talk to our daughter alot about it as she was so young when we lived there. It will always be part of her life and our life due to OH being an Aussie.

See its mad mental stuff really isn't it. My OH has never smoked so it helped me as he hated it sooooooo much. You know people say about the weight gain issue etc but sod it as least you can lose fat and do something it , but you can't always beat the diseases that smoking causes can you...!!

At least you recognise how you behave because of it....

Just enjoy all those positive sides to giving it up...I would spend that 35 quid on yourself pretty sharpish hun go treat yourself to a nice massage, that will help ease any stress.!!

You are doing so well...be proud.!!
yes thats it, it is all in the mind.

My OH smoked but not many he has stopped too. We are off on our validation trip next week so the money will do nicely for that

Whats happening with you are you staying here now? sorry I dont know all thats happened.

re the weight dont go there mate
Old May 16th 2006, 10:47 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
yes thats it, it is all in the mind.

My OH smoked but not many he has stopped too. We are off on our validation trip next week so the money will do nicely for that

Whats happening with you are you staying here now? sorry I dont know all thats happened.

re the weight dont go there mate

Good luck with your trip over..how exciting.!

We lived in Oz for 21/2yrs and then came back here 18mnths ago. Both decided we wanted to be in the UK at this time in our lives. Like I said my OH is an Aussie so we will always be pulled between both countries so who knows when we will go out again...!!Still miss my aussie mates and many things about Oz....hey ho its the here and now that counts. !!

Anyway enjoy your trip and have fun.!!!
Old May 16th 2006, 10:50 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

One thing I do know, is that I don't want to have to go through it again.

Good sentiments but memories fade.....remember the last time when you said I never want to go through this again?

The difference this time is that I am never going to start smoking again....I genuinely want to give up. Last time I spent 6 years wanting a smoke nearly every day, cos I didn't even want to give up in the first place. You will continue to have all the support you need.....if you really need a smoke go outside and get wet and cold doing it. I'll keep t'internet going for you And when you're feeling down.......
Old May 16th 2006, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Pants
Good luck with your trip over..how exciting.!

We lived in Oz for 21/2yrs and then came back here 18mnths ago. Both decided we wanted to UK at this time in our lives. Like I said my OH is an Aussie so we will always be pulled between both countries so who knows when we will go out again...!!Still miss my aussie mates and many things about Oz....hey ho its the here and now that counts. !!

Anyway enjoy your trip and have fun.!!!
oh wow I'm sorry I didnt realise you had been back so long.

we stayed with relatives in Perth and a woman I got friendly with there had been back to the uk 4 times was completely pulled in both directions, her hubby was an aussie too. It was very hard for her.

anyway mate like you say its where you are happy now that counts.

I still like the idea of living in a mud hut in Fiji
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Stopped smoking on the 2nd of May, felt really crap at first, but now feel great....and hair and skin already improving.

For those who have just given up, or thinking of doing so....the benefits come pretty quick.

Think it just has to be the right time though.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:57 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hey cas....so glad to hear you have kept it up!!!!

a good reason to stop smoking (i dont, but if i did i would!) was when i found out abuot a relatives friend - 53 and just died of lung cancer, with widespread metasteses......smoked 20-40 a day, and was only diagnosed 3 months ago. Her 4 kids (in their 20s) and 10 grandkids all watched this lovely woman die a terrible death..........so sad, and probably preventable if she hadnt smoked

pleeeeeease keep it up cas.......and you too kay!!!!

sue xx
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hey cas....so glad to hear you have kept it up!!!!

a good reason to stop smoking (i dont, but if i did i would!) was when i found out abuot a relatives friend - 53 and just died of lung cancer, with widespread metasteses......smoked 20-40 a day, and was only diagnosed 3 months ago. Her 4 kids (in their 20s) and 10 grandkids all watched this lovely woman die a terrible death..........so sad, and probably preventable if she hadnt smoked

sue xx
That's very sad Sue - the thing is that smokers know about the risks, but will make any reason not too give up.....but, like I said...to give up properly needs committment, and it DOES have to be the right time for the individual.
I have had to use an inhaler since giving up....the shock to my system was too much....and brought on asthmatic symptoms
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

sue xx
hem hem I failed I'm afraid
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
hem hem I failed I'm afraid
no, you didn't...you are just having a break from giving up