Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Favourite World Cup player of all time.

Favourite World Cup player of all time.

Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:17 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite World Cup player of all time.

Originally Posted by The three bears
Fair enough - France evidently made the right choices for 1998. Prior to 96 my knowledge and memory of the French football squad is patchy - but I don't recall them setting the world on fire - perhaps Cantona could have brought something to the party.........

On the topic of Houllier - well as somebody whose allegiance lies further east up the M62 - I have nothing but praise for the man !!!!!
similarly, another player the French did not rate but who really excited us was Ginola. It was the final qualifier for USA 94', France only had to draw against Bulgaria to qualify at the expense of them. With 5 mins to go and the scores at 1-1 Ginola had the ball around the corner post in the Bulagrian half and crossed......the ball missed everyone in the box and landed about halfway between the 18 yard box and the halfway line. I think it was Letchkov who ran the ball unchallenged from there and scored easily. That meant France didn't go to the WC and Bulgaria went on to get 3rd place in USA. The French never forgave Ginola for that hence his exile to England and I don't think he ever played another game after that.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:22 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
similarly, another player the French did not rate but who really excited us was Ginola. It was the final qualifier for USA 94', France only had to draw against Bulgaria to qualify at the expense of them. With 5 mins to go and the scores at 1-1 Ginola had the ball around the corner post in the Bulagrian half and crossed......the ball missed everyone in the box and landed about halfway between the 18 yard box and the halfway line. I think it was Letchkov who ran the ball unchallenged from there and scored easily. That meant France didn't go to the WC and Bulgaria went on to get 3rd place in USA. The French never forgave Ginola for that hence his exile to England and I don't think he ever played another game after that.
Isn't he a hair product model?
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:25 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
ok, so my recollections are a bit off, but here you go anyway. Last minute of the game and he crosses like that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMbCxl4hnzA
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:41 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
There can only be one - Pele.

yup...Pele..
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Isn't he a hair product model?
You've got a new favourite player coming up dammit :curse:

Upset a lot of Women this news..

Julian Speroni.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:24 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
What is yours? I like <snip>.
Oi Moneypenny! Kuntz is a real player and a very good one at that. I know you have a personal vendetta but kindly reinstate my post. Thanks.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:51 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Oi Moneypenny! Kuntz is a real player and a very good one at that. I know you have a personal vendetta but kindly reinstate my post. Thanks.
In her defense I hadn't heard of him either, but then I'm just a girlie so don't know about these important matters

I'll go reinstate it for you.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:02 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't give us that crap. You picked him for only one reason... and you know it.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:04 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Don't give us that crap. You picked him for only one reason... and you know it.
I don't understand what you mean? Stefan Kuntz was awesome at the 1994 World Cup.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:05 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand what you mean? Stefan Kuntz was awesome at the 1994 World Cup.
As you would have said.... bowlocks
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue
In her defense I hadn't heard of him either, but then I'm just a girlie so don't know about these important matters

Thank you. You can be my second favourite Mod.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Michel Platini
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
As you would have said.... bowlocks
I am not allowed to say that.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:21 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Sue

I can vouch for him. And if you don't believe either of us just ask Frank Skinner and David Baddiel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VCJVZ2I9zY
Old Jun 5th 2010, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Johan Cruyff ranks up there with the best i'd say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.