Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Favourite World Cup player of all time.

Favourite World Cup player of all time.

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:44 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite World Cup player of all time.

Originally Posted by Gibbo
You have obvious forgotten that Australia have beaten England. Ok, in a friendly. England fielded their second team in the first half but changed almost their whole team in the second half but still couldn't win.
Tell me a single friendly game that Ericksson took seriously under his helm? Friendlies mean sweet FA, added to that, that was probably when Australia had the best ever team. Since then their players and skills levels have been on a steady decline.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Tell me a single friendly game that Ericksson took seriously under his helm? Friendlies mean sweet FA, added to that, that was probably when Australia had the best ever team. Since then their players and skills levels have been on a steady decline.
Friendly or not England fielded two teams against Australia and still couldn't win. Don't write the Aussies off as easy beats.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:56 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Friendly or not England fielded two teams against Australia and still couldn't win.
EXACTLY! Goes to show how seriously England took that game.....not.

Because Aus do not get as much of a chance to play international games they do not know the meaning of the word friendly, especially when it is against England. Before a ball had even been kicked you could tell that game meant everything to the Aussies and nothing to the English. To say "don't write the Aussies off" based on a result from 7 years ago is ridiculous. Australia are but a shadow of their former selves and even then they weren't great
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

For me it's David Beckham. He went from enemy number one in 96 to the nations sweetheart in 2000.

And he has played whilst people shout death threats about his children and vile comments about his wife, he gets my thumbs up .
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:00 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
For me it's David Beckham. He went from enemy number one in 96 to the nations sweetheart in 2000.

And he has played whilst people shout death threats about his children and vile comments about his wife, he gets my thumbs up .
98 and 02
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

98 and 02
Of course! Ah gotta love cask wine...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:05 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Gazza. Absolute Fruit Loop, but the impact he had on Italia 90 was huge... and Italia 90 probably had more impact in England since Mexico 1970.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

98 and 02
Could you believe I was actually counting back 4 years from this year and I still got it wrong!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Could you believe I was actually counting back 4 years from this year and I still got it wrong!
Yes
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

EXACTLY! Goes to show how seriously England took that game.....not.

Because Aus do not get as much of a chance to play international games they do not know the meaning of the word friendly, especially when it is against England. Before a ball had even been kicked you could tell that game meant everything to the Aussies and nothing to the English. To say "don't write the Aussies off" based on a result from 7 years ago is ridiculous. Australia are but a shadow of their former selves and even then they weren't great
Please don't tell me England weren't trying to save face! Your excuses simply underline that fact. I'm not basing my opinion of Australia on a result from 7 years ago, it's based on the fact that they know they are not the best team in the world but are determined to do the very best they can.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:11 am
Account Closed

I'm impressed that you could count backwards at all !!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'm impressed that you could count backwards at all !!
I think it's apparent I can't!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:17 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Maradona
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Maradona
Didn't she play on the left wing for Costa Rica?
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Maradona
I'm shocked .....

Although not surprised you didn't choose a Scot... limited selection and all that .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.