Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
"With just 12 payments of $432.12 this can be yours to own."

Vash, do they still do those in the Sunday press?
Dunno mate, I only read the weeklies.

But knowing the UK, and having seen what passes for interior decor in this country, I'd say that the answer would be "Yes".
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

But knowing the UK, and having seen what passes for interior decor in this country, I'd say that the answer would be "Yes". [/QUOTE]

Please, is this coming from someone from the Continent that style forgot.

I have never seen such poor interior design in my life until we started looking at houses for sale over here

John
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:46 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Damn! I thought it was an accident 10 yrs ago; Henri Paul merely swerved to avoid Lord Lucan who was riding Shergar.
Shergar darted to the right to narrowly avoid Elvis who was on his way to visit Jim Morrison...............
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The sad Daily Express has been peddling regular front page stories (I don't read it you understand, just see the front when buying my 'quality' paper) since 1997 about the 'conspiracy'. Even after Lord Taylor's report it said, next day that 86% of DE readers still believe it was a conspiracy.

The Times said the best person to come out of the trilogy in the report was Henri Paul, the driver. He was the semi-drunken Fayed employee who crashed the car at 100 mph, trying to escape the pappasomething at Dodi and Di's behest. He was told he wasn't required for the rest of the night and after having a few drinks with his mates Dodi rang him up and said you are driving us somewhere. Di didn't wear a seatbelt too so as to not spoil her lovely outfit (sorry, damage her supposedly unborn child).

So basically it was MI5, Prince Phillip and the CIA working together to get rid of the pregnant Diana.

OzTennis
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
The sad Daily Express has been peddling regular front page stories (I don't read it you understand, just see the front when buying my 'quality' paper) since 1997 about the 'conspiracy'. Even after Lord Taylor's report it said, next day that 86% of DE readers still believe it was a conspiracy.

The Times said the best person to come out of the trilogy in the report was Henri Paul, the driver. He was the semi-drunken Fayed employee who crashed the car at 100 mph, trying to escape the pappasomething at Dodi and Di's behest. He was told he wasn't required for the rest of the night and after having a few drinks with his mates Dodi rang him up and said you are driving us somewhere. Di didn't wear a seatbelt too so as to not spoil her lovely outfit (sorry, damage her supposedly unborn child).

So basically it was MI5, Prince Phillip and the CIA working together to get rid of the pregnant Diana.

OzTennis
The only answer I can think of is that Mohammed al Fayed puts a lot of business through the Express.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:14 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

geez she D(ied) I(n) A N(asty) A(ccident). Thats all.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
The only answer I can think of is that Mohammed al Fayed puts a lot of business through the Express.
I also prefer to think that with the rapidly declining circulation figures of the DE they came up with a strategy of cutting their price and going on and on and on about Princess Di - there's enough people out there who want to read this type of thing. Fayed has not come to terms with the fact that it was an accident and was his semi-drunken employee who killed them and here's the important bit - he would get his way into royalty through his son. Buying Fulham and owning Harrod's was not enough to give him the recognition and 'celebrity' he desired (also a way of thumbing the nose at all those years of the government refusing him citizenship).

OzTennis
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I also prefer to think that with the rapidly declining circulation figures of the DE they came up with a strategy of cutting their price and going on and on and on about Princess Di - there's enough people out there who want to read this type of thing. Fayed has not come to terms with the fact that it was an accident and was his semi-drunken employee who killed them and here's the important bit - he would get his way into royalty through his son. Buying Fulham and owning Harrod's was not enough to give him the recognition and 'celebrity' he desired (also a way of thumbing the nose at all those years of the government refusing him citizenship).

OzTennis
You forgot to add that he didn't realise it was just a summer fling and she wouldn't have married him in a month of sundays.

But hey, why let facts and truth get in the way of a good story .... again
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You forgot to add that he didn't realise it was just a summer fling and she wouldn't have married him in a month of sundays.

True, she also had winter flings, autumn flings ...... butler flings, security guard flings, officer flings (who does Harry remind me of again?) .......... and it was all because of that evil Charles who was forced to marry her by that evil Philip.................

OzTennis
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

True, she also had winter flings, autumn flings ...... butler flings, security guard flings, officer flings (who does Harry remind me of again?) .......... and it was all because of that evil Charles who was forced to marry her by that evil Philip.................

OzTennis
Oh god don't start on the Harry parentage thing - I don't think I could cope I think it's fairly obvious (well it is to me anyway) that he is sooo Charles's lad but rumours will always be there.

I really like Philip He reminds me of my dad
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh god don't start on the Harry parentage thing - I don't think I could cope I think it's fairly obvious (well it is to me anyway) that he is sooo Charles's lad but rumours will always be there.

I really like Philip He reminds me of my dad
Did he also warn Brits not to stay in China too long or they would end up with 'slitty eyes'.

OzTennis
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Did he also warn Brits not to stay in China too long or they would end up with 'slitty eyes'.

OzTennis
He would have done given half a chance
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He would have done given half a chance
Right, we're perhaps talking someone to whom tact is what you use as a fastener?

OzTennis
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:09 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Originally Posted by jond
Please, is this coming from someone from the Continent that style forgot.

I have never seen such poor interior design in my life until we started looking at houses for sale over here

John
Oh, let me take you by the hand
And lead you through the streets of Walsall!
I'll show you something
That will make you change your mind...

Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:30 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Nobody's ever explained to me why a woman allegedly fearful of dying in a car accident planned by her ex-hisband, was nevertheless not wearing a seatbelt at the time of her death...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.