Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Wikiposts

Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Originally Posted by snowbunny
ah.... in Yank emergency services speak you usually hear "MVA" -- "multiple vehicle accident" -- though in this case it was a single vehicle.

I was amusing myself by coming up with alternatives like "(from) Royal To Arab"
We used (in Fire service) MVA to mean Motor Vehicle Accident.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
We used (in Fire service) MVA to mean Motor Vehicle Accident.

We have always used RTA over here
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

stevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the rough

I am not sure if this was a conspiracy, I have not really followed the reports in any depth. There are some un answered questions though, like where did Henry Paul get all the money from? Why were the speed cameras not working along the route? Why have 18 key witnesses not been questioned.
I studied the JFK assination for about 5 years some time ago, speaking to unquestioned witnesses by the investigation, people that had been shot at or harrassed as a result of speaking the truth. Its too big to go into here but I am suspicious of any convenient accident or event now. The Kennedy investigation took 2 years and produced 23 volumes of evidence to state the no conspiracy conclusion. It was nonsense!
I would lean to the Diana accident as a genuine death, but when she was pushed out by the Royal family and became more and more popular I told my wife that she would not be alive for much longer! What did the Queen say to Burrel? " dark forces at work " The survivor from the crash, " if I ever remember what happened they will kill me " Will we ever know?
Old Dec 25th 2006, 12:14 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Originally Posted by stevieuk123
I am not sure if this was a conspiracy, I have not really followed the reports in any depth. There are some un answered questions though, like where did Henry Paul get all the money from?
He was a bodyguard employed by a multi-millionaire. I wouldn't expect him to be hard up.

He might also have had other business interests or investments.

Why were the speed cameras not working along the route?
There were no speed cameras along the route. The only cameras along the route were private cameras owned by local businesses - all of which were pointing inwards, towards the doors of office buildings.

Why have 18 key witnesses not been questioned.
How do we know that they have not been questioned?

I would lean to the Diana accident as a genuine death, but when she was pushed out by the Royal family and became more and more popular I told my wife that she would not be alive for much longer!
She wasn't pushed out of the royal family; she left it of her own accord when she agreed to divorce Prince Charles after he'd had an affair with Camilla, and she herself had slept around with various men behind Charles' back.

Diana was a neurotic, self-absorbed aristocrat from a highly-privileged background, with a natural talent for self-publicity, a reputation for chronic infidelity, and the morals of an alley cat. She was little more than a high-class Essex Girl. Exactly why people view her as a saint, I will never know.

The royal family had absolutely no motivation for killing Diana; what could they possibly gain from it?

And why should they care about Dodi being a Muslim? Diana had already enjoyed a relationship with Hasnat Khan (a Muslim surgeon) without any interference or censure from the royal family, so why would Dodi be any different?

There were no conspiracy theories when Edward abdicated to marry Wallace Simpson; why should Diana be any different?

What did the Queen say to Burrel? " dark forces at work " The survivor from the crash, " if I ever remember what happened they will kill me " Will we ever know?
We know that this has been claimed, but do we know that any of it was actually said?
Old Dec 25th 2006, 12:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

She's dead. Long buried. Nothing more to say. Move along please
Old Dec 28th 2006, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

Move along????

What is the title of this thread?

If you don't want to contribute, don't try to control the forum.

She was killed. Al F is allowed to mourn any way he wants. His conspiracy ideas are totally irrlevant to his failed passport attepmts.

There has been the current verdict only based upon the paucity of evidence still available.

That said...one down only about 15 to go. Philip next please!

Vive la republic!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:37 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Diana was a neurotic, self-absorbed aristocrat from a highly-privileged background, with a natural talent for self-publicity, a reputation for chronic infidelity, and the morals of an alley cat. She was little more than a high-class Essex Girl. Exactly why people view her as a saint, I will never know.
If I had found out that my husband never intended to love me but rather had always been and would always be in love with someone else, I might well have some on the side as well. Morals of an alley cat? Geesh, Vash, you are usually much more logical and convincing and a good read, but this is far too harsh an opinion!

Diana married and had children at a relatively young age and I was happy for her being able to leave that marriage. That she didn't get to enjoy life for very long post-divorce was heartbreaking for me. Say what you will of her, she brought a smile and some happiness to many people, much more so than will most of us ever do, and it's a pity she's gone.

She was very stupid to get in a car with a drunk driver, and stupid to not wear her seatbelt. Yes, some people have made her into a martyr figure, but that's their mistake and not hers. Others enjoy conspiracy theories. You can say she wasn't a saint, and that it was a horribly stupid accident, without having to drag her through the mud.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

andsome is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot see for one moment why anyone ever persisted in bowing and scraping to this self seeking person.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

Originally Posted by snowbunny
If I had found out that my husband never intended to love me but rather had always been and would always be in love with someone else, I might well have some on the side as well. Morals of an alley cat? Geesh, Vash, you are usually much more logical and convincing and a good read, but this is far too harsh an opinion!
Having a single affair with someone she genuinely loved, I could understand and sympathise with. Having a string of affairs with a series of blokes (including the repellent Hewitt) is somewhat less defensible.

Diana married and had children at a relatively young age and I was happy for her being able to leave that marriage. That she didn't get to enjoy life for very long post-divorce was heartbreaking for me. Say what you will of her, she brought a smile and some happiness to many people, much more so than will most of us ever do, and it's a pity she's gone.
Many people around the world do not get to enjoy their post-divorce life. She was merely one of millions in a similar situation. Why should I feel any more sympathy for her than for anyone else in her position?

She was insanely rich and lived a life of incredible privilege, far removed from the problems of normal, everyday people. Yes, she was a useful figurehead for charitable causes - but so is Charles, whose work in this area is frequently overlooked (mainly because he's not a self-publicising glory-seeker).

She was very stupid to get in a car with a drunk driver, and stupid to not wear her seatbelt. Yes, some people have made her into a martyr figure, but that's their mistake and not hers. Others enjoy conspiracy theories. You can say she wasn't a saint, and that it was a horribly stupid accident, without having to drag her through the mud.
She slept with a bunch of blokes behind her husband's back. That's not dragging her through the mud; it's simply stating the facts.

I myself was something of a Diana fan in her early days. But as her life began to unravel, and the mask began to slip, I found myself wondering why I should have any more respect for her than for the many brave and self-sacrificing people who genuinely make a difference to the world, like the courageous folks of Médecins Sans Frontières.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Why on earth is anyone even remotely interested in these people? Royalty and aristocracy etc is outdated and feudal.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:50 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andsome
Why on earth is anyone even remotely interested in these people? Royalty and aristocracy etc is outdated and feudal.
Why would anyone be even remotely interested in your opinion...?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andsome
I cannot see for one moment why anyone ever persisted in bowing and scraping to this self seeking person.
Not just to her but to the whole lot of those in-bred parasitical shower of shit.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rodders39
Why would anyone be even remotely interested in your opinion...?

Sorry of course, only YOUR opinion matters, my mistake.

Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by framac
Not just to her but to the whole lot of those in-bred parasitical shower of shit.
100% in agreement.