British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/diana-accident-not-conspiracy-413877/)

Vash the Stampede Dec 15th 2006 8:33 am

Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

An official UK police inquiry into the Paris car crash which killed Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed has found no evidence the couple were murdered.
Lord Stevens, who led the three-year investigation, said the 1997 crash was a "tragic accident".

The inquiry report said chauffeur Henri Paul, who also died, was speeding and over the legal drink-drive limit.

A spokesman for Mr Al Fayed's father said he does not accept the findings as questions remain "unanswered".

Michael Cole said it was "highly unsatisfactory" that up to 18 key witnesses to the crash were not interviewed by the Metropolitan Police's inquiry into the death.

He called for next year's inquests to be heard before a jury so that the evidence presented by Lord Stevens could be "thoroughly tested".
BBC.

Official report available here. One-page summary available here.

My personal view: Diana was in a car driven at an illegal speed by a drunk driver who hit a concrete pylon. She was not wearing a seatbelt. Consequently, she died.

It's not exactly rocket science.

snowbunny Dec 15th 2006 8:45 am

Re: Diana - an accident, not a conspiracy

So then I'm wondering why Scotland Yard is now making a big deal out of the US supposedly spying on Diana even after she left the Royal Family and until her death? If this is true, I do think it's appalling, but it's just going to give the conspiracy nuts another group to go after. Waco, then Paris? :rolleyes:

Hels Bells Dec 15th 2006 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

An official UK police inquiry into the Paris car crash which killed Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed has found no evidence the couple were murdered.
Lord Stevens, who led the three-year investigation, said the 1997 crash was a "tragic accident".

The inquiry report said chauffeur Henri Paul, who also died, was speeding and over the legal drink-drive limit.

A spokesman for Mr Al Fayed's father said he does not accept the findings as questions remain "unanswered".

Michael Cole said it was "highly unsatisfactory" that up to 18 key witnesses to the crash were not interviewed by the Metropolitan Police's inquiry into the death.

He called for next year's inquests to be heard before a jury so that the evidence presented by Lord Stevens could be "thoroughly tested".
BBC.

Official report available here. One-page summary available here.

My personal view: Diana was in a car driven at an illegal speed by a drunk driver who hit a concrete pylon. She was not wearing a seatbelt. Consequently, she died.

It's not exactly rocket science.

I just think it was a sad event and people should just move on. All this stuff must be just so hard on her boys. Thats who I feel for the most through all of this.....

snowbunny Dec 15th 2006 8:51 am

....and make a mental note to NEVER have an accident in France.... the policy and decisions of the doctors and paramedics was abysmal. She could have been saved.

jad n rich Dec 15th 2006 9:44 am

Not really up on all the hoo ha about it, but one thing stood out when the report was read, if she had her seatbelt on she would have lived.

Donna&Neil Dec 15th 2006 9:53 am

Hi I think the questions/queries will go on and on regardless of the latest report. It was a tragedy and so sad for her sons to lose their mum but it has been 10 years (nearly). Time to let it go Donna

jond Dec 15th 2006 12:27 pm

It's not exactly rocket science.[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

I look at cars like that every day as part of my job, people do just have accidents I always thought it was just that, an accident.

Buzzy--Bee Dec 15th 2006 5:28 pm

I still think it was orchestrated by Prince Philip as a practice run for his future work on Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother. :D

:beer:

Buzzy

cresta57 Dec 15th 2006 6:05 pm

Damn! I thought it was an accident 10 yrs ago; Henri Paul merely swerved to avoid Lord Lucan who was riding Shergar.

moneypenny20 Dec 15th 2006 6:08 pm

I think I can guarantee that that evil git Fayed will still keep spouting his clap trap :mad: I wish someone would make him remove that extremly tasteless memorial in the shop.

Wish the whle damn thing would also die a death. It's all just sick to keep harping on about it

tartancarly Dec 18th 2006 10:07 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think I can guarantee that that evil git Fayed will still keep spouting his clap trap :mad: I wish someone would make him remove that extremly tasteless memorial in the shop.

A bit harsh in my opinion after all he did lose his son and is entitled to his own opinion of what he believes happened whether we agree or not.

Extremely tastleless memorial - in your opinion! :rolleyes:

northernbird Dec 18th 2006 10:15 am

Wish the whle damn thing would also die a death. It's all just sick to keep harping on about it

I agree Pen, the guy needs to move on, every time he opens his gob he upsets those boys.

moneypenny20 Dec 18th 2006 10:26 am

Originally Posted by tartancarly
A bit harsh in my opinion after all he did lose his son and is entitled to his own opinion of what he believes happened whether we agree or not.

Extremely tastleless memorial - in your opinion! :rolleyes:

The only reason he harps on and on about it all is because the British Government won't give him citizenship. He might have lost his son but he needs to remember the world does not revolve around him and two boys, now men lost their mother and it would appear they are never allowed to put it to rest.

With regard the memorial, Every single person I have met who has seen it, finds it completely tasteless so yes whilst it is my opinion, it is also the opinion of others and as you mention in your first sentence we are all entitled to our opinions. :rolleyes:

tartancarly Dec 18th 2006 12:28 pm

The only reason he harps on and on about it all is because the British Government won't give him citizenship.

You know this as fact?

With regard the memorial, Every single person I have met who has seen it, finds it completely tasteless so yes whilst it is my opinion, it is also the opinion of others and as you mention in your first sentence we are all entitled to our opinions. :rolleyes:

Every single person you have met thinks it's tasteless? In my opinion it's a lovely tribute. However, as I clarified earlier that it's in your opinion -tasteless ;)

northernbird Dec 18th 2006 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by tartancarly
You know this as fact?

that is fact.