Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Jan 13th 2012, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by ub40fan
aha, that makes sense and I sort of thought that, but as I know "nothing"about cricket other than that which I have absorbed through osmosis from my cricket obsessed mother, I presumed I was wrong.

Thank you Alfresco
You're most welcome.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:10 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by General Tojo
Yeah but still India lead by 12 runs.
Optimism for a contest, I like it!

Extras in Australia are/were called sundries by the way.
Byes were called Johnsons and have since been renamed Haddins.

Frequent comments from our scoring benches:
- How is widesy doing?
- Is widesy still top-scorer?
etc, etc
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Optimism for a contest, I like it!

- How is widesy doing?
etc, etc
Well as the ch9 comms kept saying, tomorrow is also a sell-out so why not...
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:30 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Well as the ch9 comms kept saying, tomorrow is also a sell-out so why not...
Yeh, Channel 9, the same people that flog that 'memorabilia' tat.

I listened to most of it on the ABC today, I didn't miss the visuals.

If India get back into this then there will be a full-scale match fixing enquiry
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

- How is widesy doing?
etc, etc
To be called 'Dubais' from Tuesday? Orders getting taken at this very moment.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:00 am
Mostly Harmless

To be called 'Dubais' from Tuesday? Orders getting taken at this very moment.
I see an English cricketer has admitted to bowling badly to order:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16527008

Sad really, all for the pursuit of $ ...

India, on the other hand, are just shite
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: The Cricket Thread

Australia finishes on 369. India currently 4 for 52.

Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:47 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Australia finishes on 369. India currently 4 for 52.

I've been playing Terraria on the PC ... It's more unpredictable.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:32 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

<<< 7 for...... woohooo
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:24 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Cricket Thread

9 for 171. Nearly a hat trick for Hilfenhaus!

*edit*

Gone! All out for 171, the last four wickets fell for 0!

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jan 15th 2012 at 4:28 am.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:12 am
Mostly Harmless

http://i40.tinypic.com/ut2xk.jpg

*edit*

Lack of DRS didn't help India then?

Clinical performance from Aus, can't ask more than that.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

http://i40.tinypic.com/ut2xk.jpg

*edit*

That is some thrashing!

Well done Oz.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:13 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: The Cricket Thread

Indians venting their spleens freely at Times of India:

Good improvement, 10 more runs and sustained for 3 more overs than first innings.
All the cricket fans should physically thrash the team, the selectors and the board officials for such a pathetic loss.
India beaten again by a vastly superior bowling attack. Tired of hearing excuses made for Indian batsmen. Mumbai Chai Wallah's could do better.
In England series, India's batting was criticized for getting out under 300. They improved it in Australia and now they are getting out under 200.
Some of the insults are quite creative:

Indian army and Indian cricket team need SC/ST/OBC reservation to thrash foreigners in thier land. These pony tail curdrice brahmins and upper castes have no guts. Bring chicken/beef/mutton eaters to team and see the result.
Where is gay christian dog sachin hiding?
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:25 pm
Mostly Harmless

England vs Pakistan - 1st Test starts today 4pm Brisbane-time.

Excellent time-zoning, some pre-bed Test Match Special I reckon.

Will be interesting to see if there is any 'rust' apparent from an England side that hasn't played a Test for a while.

I think England will win the series but not by much.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

England vs Pakistan - 1st Test starts today 4pm Brisbane-time.

Excellent time-zoning, some pre-bed Test Match Special I reckon.

Will be interesting to see if there is any 'rust' apparent from an England side that hasn't played a Test for a while.

I think England will win the series but not by much.

Cool, something to watch tonight. I reckon Pakistan have a slight, Asian, 'home' advantage but England will win the series.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.