Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

A storming win for Pakistan no question, but England are a much better team than this, and even the very best team has a shit game in them. Let's see how they respond in the 2nd test before drawing any conclusions. Saying that, it's very hard to come back to win a 3-game series after losing the first. It doesn't happen often.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:13 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Cricket Thread

^^ Agreed. We need to keep it in perspective.

Fact: England is the #1 Test team. Fact: they didn't get there by not being the best. Fact: one Test failure does not mean they are no longer the best. Which makes Pakistan's victory all the more impressive.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of this series plays out, particularly if the other two pitches are similar to Dubai's.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:30 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame you dont get to enjoy much cricket

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
,and i do enjoy cricket matey,esp when 'the brits' are losing
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:23 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
What a shame you dont get to enjoy much cricket
Things are looking up though
Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: The Cricket Thread

IMHO there's not much between England, Pakistan and South Africa at the moment.

Australia is on the next level down, but that's to be expected since we've spent the last couple of years rebuilding our team and we're unlikely to see consistently impressive results for at least another two years yet.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 1:29 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Prefer to be cheeky and def a combatant.,and i do enjoy cricket matey,esp when 'the brits' are losing
Well done, your cumulative efforts (if they can be called that) mean that in the 7+ years of me being on BE (in various guises) you are the first, and hopefully last, poster I will add to my ignore list.

You really do have nothing of substance to say other than a sad desperate combative streak that I can do without in my life.

I hope for your sake that you are not like your on-line persona in real life.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:06 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

The rebuild started after the ashes. The major criticism is that new blood was brought in too late making a rebuild necessary.
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
IMHO there's not much between England, Pakistan and South Africa at the moment.

Australia is on the next level down, but that's to be expected since we've spent the last couple of years rebuilding our team and we're unlikely to see consistently impressive results for at least another two years yet.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Sri Lanka finally won one.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What sport is Lasith Malinga playing? Because he sure as shit ain't bowling that ball - looks more like a baseball pitch.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:12 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What sport is Lasith Malinga playing? Because he sure as shit ain't bowling that ball - looks more like a baseball pitch.
Strrrrike one.

A bit unfamiliar with the round-arm style are we?

Here speaks an opening bat who registered a Golden Duck yesterday ...
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Strrrrike one.

A bit unfamiliar with the round-arm style are we?

Here speaks an opening bat who registered a Golden Duck yesterday ...
I'm sure he's legit, but his action just looks wrong.

I'd have been no-balled if I had bowled like that at school!
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure he's legit, but his action just looks wrong.

I'd have been no-balled if I had bowled like that at school!
And persuaded to play water polo instead.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 7:21 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Alfresco
And persuaded to play water polo instead.

Not an option at the school I went to - rugby and cricket only
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 10:42 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Not an option at the school I went to - rugby and cricket only
...and not the water form
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:42 am
Fighting my corner

Exclamation Re: The Cricket Thread

2 for 31! This is bounce-back time for India.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.