Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Nov 24th 2013, 7:49 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by Beoz
Trott is off.
Fair play to him - that can't have been an easy decision. I like Trott. He's one of the more professional poms in the England team - he just gets on with his game and is rarely in the news for other reasons

Saying that, he's probably made it easier for the England selectors. I reckon he should have been dropped for the next test anyway and may have just improved England's chances in this series
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Fair play to him - that can't have been an easy decision. I like Trott. He's one of the more professional poms in the England team - he just gets on with his game and is rarely in the news for other reasons

Saying that, he's probably made it easier for the England selectors. I reckon he should have been dropped for the next test anyway and may have just improved England's chances in this series
With who, Bairstow?
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
If we ever get told what Anderson said it will inevitably lead to 'well what made him say that?' best left alone, pup got caught end of, bad pup
I think so. Cop the fine, have a laugh, move on
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

With who, Bairstow?
I guess. I feel that Trott has been singled out for his poor performance but in reality, all their batsmen failed and some like Prior and Cook look in terrible form
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

I guess. I feel that Trott has been singled out for his poor performance but in reality, all their batsmen failed and some like Prior and Cook look in terrible form
Pretty good assumption of the situation although Cook did show some composure in the second innings. Carberry however even though he top scored in the first innings (which wasn't hard to do) looked nothing like a composed opening batsman for an Ashes series and apart form a couple of 4's down the leg side never looked like he was comfortable at the crease
Old Nov 24th 2013, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Pretty good assumption of the situation although Cook did show some composure in the second innings. Carberry however even though he top scored in the first innings (which wasn't hard to do) looked nothing like a composed opening batsman for an Ashes series and apart form a couple of 4's down the leg side never looked like he was comfortable at the crease
Targeting the batsmen would be a little unfair. The Aussies were also inconsistent. Perhaps look at Swann and Tremlett.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Targeting the batsmen would be a little unfair. The Aussies were also inconsistent. Perhaps look at Swann and Tremlett.
In no way did i mean to target only the batsmen,it was just an extended comment about Zulus remark. I can only think of 1 Englishman that could hold his head high after that debacle and that would have to be Broad !
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, no point in trying to combat what was obvious to all, he's done England a favour for sure and probably helped his own cause long-term too.

I hope he finds what he needs soon, he's a good pro and will be back.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 11:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

I hope they take good care of Trott. He looked like a rabbit caught in headlights with a trap around his leg, utterly petrified of Johnson.

There's no way he was going to cope with a full Ashes series. Speaking as someone who suffers from clinical depression, I can sympathise with him. Who's likely to take his place?

On a happier note, I enjoyed the poetic justice of Pietersen being dismissed by a sub.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
In no way did i mean to target only the batsmen,it was just an extended comment about Zulus remark. I can only think of 1 Englishman that could hold his head high after that debacle and that would have to be Broad !
The difference in my view was the bowling. Johnson was just ferocious and backed up well by the others. Had England had a similar 'softener' Australia's batting would have crumbled too. That's why I predict Adelaide to go England's way. Different pitch.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

According to Warne, Anderson said he wanted to punch Bailey in the face. Not the most reliable of sources admittedly but is believable enough.

Getting spicy
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
According to Warne, Anderson said he wanted to punch Bailey in the face. Not the most reliable of sources admittedly but is believable enough.

Getting spicy
Not the most reliable source ...... completely unreliable .... just ask the ladies.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Or his haridresser!
Old Nov 25th 2013, 10:37 am
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the hype, and the great australian communication skills.They have had their one win.....Now its time for the lads to have some fun, the next games will be close
But retaining the ashes, the lions will be bringing them home.
3 top English players...carberry, cook, Broad....maybe Pieterson.
3 Top aussis...Clarke, Johnson, Harris....maybe Warner.
All the best to J.Trott at this difficult time.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 1:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80

Getting spicy
What gets me about all this is that Anderson, who is known as one of the biggest sledgers in the game, is being seen as the innocent party by the UK media and team

Bizarre

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.