Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

England needed and deserved this crushing defeat

Poms have been getting a bit too cockey about their test cricket abilities and their position in the world order of the sport

Therefore this defeat was necessary

You'll be thankful in the long run as it's for your own good

Poms - know your place
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
England needed and deserved this crushing defeat

Poms have been getting a bit too cockey about their test cricket abilities and their position in the world order of the sport

Therefore this defeat was necessary

You'll be thankful in the long run as it's for your own good

Poms - know your place
hee hee, now don't you go upsetting everyone

a ring of truth as always
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:25 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I shagged Matilda, I shagged Matilda, I shagged Matilda and so did me mates, and she moaned and she groaned and she took it up the billabong, I shagged Matilda and so did me mates
Big deal, welcome to the club.

Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I shagged Matilda, I shagged Matilda, I shagged Matilda and so did me mates, and she moaned and she groaned and she took it up the billabong, I shagged Matilda and so did me mates
The Saffas were there first - sloppy seconds for the Poms
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:29 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't shag Matilda,hang on,what's she look like
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Big deal, welcome to the club.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The Saffas were there first - sloppy seconds for the Poms
she's a class bird alright
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I didn't shag Matilda,hang on,what's she look like
she aint got hooves mate you wouldn't like her
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 7:39 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

she aint got hooves mate you wouldn't like her
I'll bring the hooves,just need an address
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to love the fickleness of the aussie sports fan and media, priceless.

Leehman has no class and has gone for a bit of old fashioned mongrel spirit and nastiness. This will in the longer term not get Australian cricket anywhere and they will remain a mediocre team. England started poorly in India earlier in the year and turned that around and are more than capable of doing the same here.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
You've got to love the fickleness of the aussie sports fan and media, priceless.

Leehman has no class and has gone for a bit of old fashioned mongrel spirit and nastiness. This will in the longer term not get Australian cricket anywhere and they will remain a mediocre team. England started poorly in India earlier in the year and turned that around and are more than capable of doing the same here.
As proven by this little outburst

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226767300526

Total slimeball !

Nice to see the Couriermail recognising cricket as front and back page material once again as opposed to little snippets here and there not too long ago !

Last edited by bobbyftm; Nov 23rd 2013 at 10:10 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

I love a bit of sledging, especially when the initiator get's a reply that makes them lose their shit. Yes Glenn McGrath I mean you. If I asked any bloke in here what Bryan Laras knob tasted like I would expect one response only.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 11:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
As proven by this little outburst

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226767300526

Total slimeball !
It's all part of the game. I saw 2 blokes having a bit of a dig at each other - the press and uber-sensitive poms can make a big deal out of it but they were each giving as good as they get
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 11:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

I love a bit of sledging, especially when the initiator get's a reply that makes them lose their shit. Yes Glenn McGrath I mean you. If I asked any bloke in here what Bryan Laras knob tasted like I would expect one response only.
spot on
Old Nov 24th 2013, 12:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

and what's Beefy got to say?

I ain't heard nuthin'
Old Nov 24th 2013, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

(With apologies to the Red Tops)

3 Lyons Rooted at the 'Gabba.

Johnson leaves England in Tatters.

England's batsmen Harrissed.

England Saffer. (actually much of the shift in momentum is down to the 3 Saffers - Trott, Prior and Pieterson not performing as in the past).

England, like their once great spinner sent down the Swannee.

We came with our backpacks, we Trotted away quickly.

England appear to have the DT's (Delirium Tremletts).

England Broadsided. (Broad was the one player who could say he didn't let the team down to be fair).

Ashes cricket returns to a Prior era.

Australia Carverberry up England.

From 5/100 and 6/132 England manage to Cook up an incredible turnaround.

England have a terrible MOvember (Johnson, Rugby League semi defeat, footy team lose twice in succession at Wembley).

Lillee and Thommo; Harris and Johno.

And so and so forth.

It's early days and it's only 1-0 and England are lucky in a way it's Adelaide and not Perth next. There's still a lot to play for and England will get better. The worrying thing though is the mental state of some of the batsmen and the English batters haven't really scored well enough for 6 tests in a row (1 innings at Lords only exception). There's not as many questions about Broad and Anderson; Tremlett bowled well 2nd innings; Swann must be a worry.

Warner and Clarke could both do with opening their mouths less but one thing is clear - Jonesy would agree they don't like it up them and despite his warnings, they did panic.

In reply to what Beefy is saying; he's not saying his 10-0 before 1st series or 5-0 before this one were sh*te; what he is saying constantly on Sky is Mitchell Johnson is the difference and he's 10 mph quicker and they're not on the slow English wickets. Do something about it batsmen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.