Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:52 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Well I was thinking a bag of sour grapes but grapefruit works.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris955
Well I was thinking a bag of sour grapes but grapefruit works.
Sorry, bit of a blackadder fan, the phrase Baldrick is a case of sour grapes
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
did you really? I could post a list of instances as long as your arm if you wish, I'll stand by for a bodyline jibe after that
I left it open for you to substantiate your ridiculous claim and you didn't .... but I can help ...... Trevor Chappell.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:02 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh a huge Blackadder fan, forgot that one. It is how it came across. I just got the feeling that if Australia won the Ashes then sport would have been the average Aussies No1 priority
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Beoz, mate, like I said I was just trying a bit of a wind up, I've got no intention of getting into a hurl of insults with you or anyone else. Come the next ashes I'll possibly be eating my words, but I'm prepared for it, and will not be reacting badly at all, cos although I love the game I don't consider it worth getting into an internet braul over. I'm gutted however that you didn't bring up bodyline, cos I was gonna retort with Trevor Chappell, and it was all gonna get nasty and we'd have fistycuffs at the Sydney test. As it is you've still got a chance of buying me a beer
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Beoz, mate, like I said I was just trying a bit of a wind up, I've got no intention of getting into a hurl of insults with you or anyone else. Come the next ashes I'll possibly be eating my words, but I'm prepared for it, and will not be reacting badly at all, cos although I love the game I don't consider it worth getting into an internet braul over. I'm gutted however that you didn't bring up bodyline, cos I was gonna retort with Trevor Chappell, and it was all gonna get nasty and we'd have fistycuffs at the Sydney test. As it is you've still got a chance of buying me a beer
No one is reacting here fella. I just am amused by the way you pulled the bad sportsman thing out of the bag, twisted it around, and never followed it up with any factual ammunition. I certainly wouldn't stoop to such lows and paint a broad brush at England as being bad sportsmanshippers - though there will always be a few bad eggs everywhere. Flippant comments make easy meat.

Lets get that beer at the Sydney test
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
No one is reacting here fella. I just am amused by the way you pulled the bad sportsman thing out of the bag, twisted it around, and never followed it up with any factual ammunition. I certainly wouldn't stoop to such lows and paint a broad brush at England as being bad sportsmanshippers - though there will always be a few bad eggs everywhere. Flippant comments make easy meat.

Lets get that beer at the Sydney test
Only if England win is sportsmanshippers an actual word?

see the thing about me is that I'm very difficult to wind up, basically cos I'm too lazy to give a **** about anything enough. Most of my claims are unsubstantiated, but great for getting a rise out of someone, I don't even mean the vast majority of it. Call it a mishievous streak

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Aug 5th 2013 at 8:31 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:28 pm
Banned

I dont see the end result in Australia being much different, closer but still a win to England especially if all the team fire on all cylinders. With Sydney being 2nd on the list for days lost through rain lets hope the weather doesnt influence the results
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chris955
I dont see the end result in Australia being much different, closer but still a win to England especially if all the team fire on all cylinders. With Sydney being 2nd on the list for days lost through rain lets hope the weather doesnt influence the results
Jesus I hope not, spending 4 days with the Father in law is bad enough, be worse if it's pissing down.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:55 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
We'll see won't we. This might come back to haunt you over the next 2 tests - but then I guess it will be ah well we've already won the Ashes, 5 or 6 not in form and we still beat you etc, etc.
it's an opinion, it's not a fact, it won't haunt me one bit
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

I think the aussies might be taking a bit to much out of this test and if they gey smashed invthe next 2 they will have nowhere to go. They should have kept a low profile. Heard Lehman talking this morning and according to him the only thing that kept them from winning was the weather. Lots in the media also seem to be overly confident after Australia s much improved performance without any result.

Can't believe all this crap about not the way to win an Ashes series. What complete BS, England did the job in 3 tests end of story. This is what good teams do. England have now won 4 of the last 5 that shows a period of dominance by England. England have won this series with there 2 best batsmen in serious form slumps. Hopefully this will be corrected by the time they arrive down under, heaven help Australia then.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by papilon
I think the aussies might be taking a bit to much out of this test and if they gey smashed invthe next 2 they will have nowhere to go. They should have kept a low profile. Heard Lehman talking this morning and according to him the only thing that kept them from winning was the weather. Lots in the media also seem to be overly confident after Australia s much improved performance without any result.

Can't believe all this crap about not the way to win an Ashes series. What complete BS, England did the job in 3 tests end of story. This is what good teams do. England have now won 4 of the last 5 that shows a period of dominance by England. England have won this series with there 2 best batsmen in serious form slumps. Hopefully this will be corrected by the time they arrive down under, heaven help Australia then.
Best have a word with Cooky about that. He did say he felt it was a poor way to retain the Ashes. Oh .... and England haven't won the series yet ..... just retained the Ashes. Just thought I'd point a few things out .....
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:46 pm
Banned

No team would want to win because of the weather but at the end of the day I think Cook and England will remember that so far in 3 tests they have won 2 and drawn 1, it wont make them lose any sleep. The whole point is to win or retain the Ashes, they have done that convincingly with an under par team.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Best have a word with Cooky about that. He did say he felt it was a poor way to retain the Ashes. Oh .... and England haven't won the series yet ..... just retained the Ashes. Just thought I'd point a few things out .....
England have 'just' retained The Ashes.

You wouldn't have to rewind that far back to settle for that as an England supporter. Be surprised even.

#TheUrnIsGoingNowhereMaybeNotTrailingTwoNilWillHel pNextTime
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
England have 'just' retained The Ashes.

You wouldn't have to rewind that far back to settle for that as an England supporter. Be surprised even.

#TheUrnIsGoingNowhereMaybeNotTrailingTwoNilWillHel pNextTime
Complacency can be evil ...... jusy saying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.