The Cricket Thread

Old Dec 5th 2021, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by DeadVim
A bit of weather ahead next week but The Gabba drains well so a result for the first Ashes Test should be possible.

Just a couple of visits left for me (Day 1 & 4) to the concrete sweatbox to go before the current COVID tyranny enforces a Papers Please edict on anyone not wanting to toe the party line.

And yet the unvaccinated can visit packed shopping centres pre Christmas anytime with no restrictions…

It makes bugger all sense if you try to frame it with a Public Health focused narrative …

Great bowling Ajaz Patel to take all 10 in an innings.for NZ against India in a seemingly ultimately lost cause.
Was speaking to a kiwi bloke who lost his rugby coaching job at a Sydney private school for refusing the vaccine. His reason, I don't want to be told what to put in my body.

I asked him to look at it another way. What if he got Covid and infected the kids he coached. The school would be liable for not ensuring their staff had done everything possible to protect the kids.

He didn't quite get this and wanted to continue arguing the me me me my body my choice agenda. And that's fine, he just doesn't get to work with kids.

Old Dec 5th 2021, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP cricket thread. Enjoy the ashes anyone who can bear to talk about anything but covid.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
RIP cricket thread. Enjoy the ashes anyone who can bear to talk about anything but covid.
Really looking forward to it. First time I have been anywhere except work or hospital since Feb last year. Even if the weather lives down to expectations the beer and chat will be fun
Old Dec 6th 2021, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering where a short holiday mid Jan will be. Hobart or Melbourne. Either work. Hobart is great. Melbourne will have the tennis on at the same time. I see Sydney might have a push. As a local and member I would still prefer it be elsewhere for the short trip away. It will probably be Melbourne for commercial reasons.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Really looking forward to it. First time I have been anywhere except work or hospital since Feb last year. Even if the weather lives down to expectations the beer and chat will be fun
me too, I'm off for the whole thing, I've had to promise to at least do something else every day before I sit on my arse
Old Dec 6th 2021, 8:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

me too, I'm off for the whole thing, I've had to promise to at least do something else every day before I sit on my arse
I'm sure you can think of some very small quick tasks that need doing
Old Dec 7th 2021, 3:07 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy Anderson rested and Broad might not play either.

Going to be a tough ask for England but I hope they start well tomorrow for the sake of a decent series to provide welcome relief from other stuff.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm sure you can think of some very small quick tasks that need doing
I've got the gear to make a bit more record shelving in the bar so I can do that at the same time at least, there'll have to be a cut off point though, can't go multi tasking all day . Getting very excited now
Old Dec 7th 2021, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Poms off to a marvellous start…
Old Dec 8th 2021, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Retirednow
Poms off to a marvellous start…
ain't we just
Old Dec 8th 2021, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Seamers paradise. Damned f you do damned if don't toss win.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 5:22 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

What a Shit Show.

Highlight of the day was me having a good sleep in and I missed the first 5 wickets.
Old Dec 10th 2021, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

What a fight back, whatever happens they've got fire in their bellies. Aaaand, this

Old Dec 11th 2021, 7:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What a fight back, whatever happens they've got fire in their bellies. Aaaand, this

This was always going to be a tough test for England to win but very poor leadership and judgement from Root and management handed them an ass-kicking

I'd hate to be an England cricket fan as they more often than not aid their own defeat. The sad thing is that they make Australia look better than they really are
Old Dec 11th 2021, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu

This was always going to be a tough test for England to win but very poor leadership and judgement from Root and management handed them an ass-kicking

I'd hate to be an England cricket fan as they more often than not aid their own defeat. The sad thing is that they make Australia look better than they really are
And dropping Broad before kick off. Bowlers win tests. 20 wickets required. Experience needed. Anyone know why he was dropped?

Last edited by Beoz; Dec 11th 2021 at 3:45 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.