The Cricket Thread

Old Nov 29th 2021, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Beoz
No one's business other than his, his wife's and the girl who played up to it. And given his wife was able to forgive and move on, the media should have kept their own dicks in their pants.
I wonder how he and his wife must of coped living with the “it may all come out one day” living like that would be idea of hell but I have to say this happened a while ago and as you say his wife forgave him so it is a shame the press have churned it up all over for her again that must be an awful thing to go through especially in the media…. he was held to account at the time so you could say “he’d served his time” some in the media obviously do not like him to re hash this up now but being a cricket fan (England) any help we can “get” is good news as I think it will be a white wash (wash my mouth out) and Australia alas win win this ashes series.
Old Nov 29th 2021, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Got to agree if you behave yourself and treat others you love with truth and respect (especially in this day an age where nothing stays a secret for long) then you will having nothing to worry about…. some of these people in the “famous world” must be having nightmares lol
I agree, I think we should treat everyone with truth and respect and not just the ones we love. Ravichandran Ashwin might agree with that.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I wonder how he and his wife must of coped living with the “it may all come out one day” living like that would be idea of hell but I have to say this happened a while ago and as you say his wife forgave him so it is a shame the press have churned it up all over for her again that must be an awful thing to go through especially in the media…. he was held to account at the time so you could say “he’d served his time” some in the media obviously do not like him to re hash this up now but being a cricket fan (England) any help we can “get” is good news as I think it will be a white wash (wash my mouth out) and Australia alas win win this ashes series.
Yep, you have to feel for his wife to go through this twice.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Perth test is all but off. Hobart here we come. Hobart is a great spot for some test match cricket. Booking flights now. If it doesn't make it to Hobart, so be it, its a great few days away anyway.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

With the arrival of Omicron I guess this was inevitable. WA Premier Mark McGowan has confirmed all Ashes players and staff will be under strict quarantine conditions for 14 days after arriving in Perth.

"We’ve said to them, ‘You need to have 14 days quarantine’. And that has to apply to all the broadcast staff, the cricket staff.

“They can’t just bring wives and girlfriends with them - same rules as we put in place for the AFL. “It’s up to them whether they want to adhere to those rules or not.” https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ions-ruled-out

Old Nov 30th 2021, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
With the arrival of Omicron I guess this was inevitable. WA Premier Mark McGowan has confirmed all Ashes players and staff will be under strict quarantine conditions for 14 days after arriving in Perth.
Not happening. There is only 4 days between Sydney and Perth. No player, let alone the hanger ons are going to sit it out for 14 days just because McGowen says.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

At least McGowan is consistent. Can't blame him for sticking to his guns, any premier worth their salt would do the same:
Mr McGowan has previously denied suggestions by federal Health Minister Greg Hunt that any decision on COVID-19 restrictions in WA would be influenced by a cricket match https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...erth/100661204
Shane Warne can stick to what he's good at (tweeting) and McGowan can stick to what he's good at. We can't have sporting personalities dictating public health policy:
Now that the 5th #ashes test will not be played in Perth due to the Govt’s stringent quarantine regulations. My suggestion is that the 5th ashes test should be back at the MCG & played as a D/N test. So, traditional Boxing Day then Syd then back to MCG for a D/N match ! Agree ? https://twitter.com/ShaneWarne/statu...70975491051524

Last edited by Brisbannite; Nov 30th 2021 at 6:58 am.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At least McGowan is consistent. Can't blame him for sticking to his guns, any premier worth their salt would do the same:

Shane Warne can stick to what he's good at (tweeting) and McGowan can stick to what he's good at. We can't have sporting personalities dictating public health policy:
One thing is certain. The 5th test won't be in Brisbane.

Melbourne would be OK given the Australian Open will be on at the same time. Sporting feast. MCG during the day, stroll over to Flinders Park for the evening session.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Now that the 5th #ashes test will not be played in Perth due to the Govt’s stringent quarantine regulations. My suggestion is that the 5th ashes test should be back at the MCG & played as a D/N test. So, traditional Boxing Day then Syd then back to MCG for a D/N match ! Agree ? https://twitter.com/ShanWarne/statu...70975491051524
No.

I know Christmas is a time for sharing and giving but that sentiment doesn't apply to covid.

Old Nov 30th 2021, 10:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

No.

I know Christmas is a time for sharing and giving but that sentiment doesn't apply to covid.
I've never known anyone on BE to reply to themselves as much as you do

One of the most bizarre things I've seen on here
Old Nov 30th 2021, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

No.

How did we get to a situation where our government engages in vaccine diplomacy and briefs against state premiers; and sporting clubs try to call the shots on public health? Must be an election coming up or something
Old Nov 30th 2021, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've never known anyone on BE to reply to themselves as much as you do

One of the most bizarre things I've seen on here

Let him go. It's entertaining
Old Nov 30th 2021, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Premier Peter Gutwein has put Tassie forward to host the Ashes
Hobart ready to steal the 5th Ashes test as WA borders remain locked https://omny.fm/shows/the-tasmania-b...test-as-wa-bor
Old Nov 30th 2021, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Premier Peter Gutwein has put Tassie forward to host the Ashes
MCG, Hobart or Adelaide work for me. Usually the 5th test is in the first week of Jan in Sydney so pushing this back is a great opportunity to get the kids away mid school holiday and tie in some cricket. Too much going on pre-new year.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 2:46 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of weather ahead next week but The Gabba drains well so a result for the first Ashes Test should be possible.

Just a couple of visits left for me (Day 1 & 4) to the concrete sweatbox to go before the current COVID tyranny enforces a Papers Please edict on anyone not wanting to toe the party line.

And yet the unvaccinated can visit packed shopping centres pre Christmas anytime with no restrictions…

It makes bugger all sense if you try to frame it with a Public Health focused narrative …

Great bowling Ajaz Patel to take all 10 in an innings.for NZ against India in a seemingly ultimately lost cause.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.