Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Congrats to Mr Warne on number 700

Congrats to Mr Warne on number 700

Old Dec 27th 2006, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congrats to Mr Warne on number 700

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
.......... its revealed he has shagged half the female population of the England,...........
I must've been in the wrong half!
Old Dec 27th 2006, 8:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I must've been in the wrong half!
me too, wish I had been in the right half
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I am most definitely in the right half. If that sleazy git came anywhere near me, he possibly wouldn't be trying to get through the other half. Please ladies - have some taste. You all know where he's been.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 10:59 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
Me as well
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:55 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Congrats to Mr Warne on number 700

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I am most definitely in the right half. If that sleazy git came anywhere near me, he possibly wouldn't be trying to get through the other half. Please ladies - have some taste. You all know where he's been.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to moneypen20 again.
Hear, hear!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

I think we are celebrating the sporting achievements of Mr. Warne. I am sure we could all condemn each others private lives. Who cares about the private lives of others (unless you are gossip with no life).

Shane is an outstanding bowler - possibly the best in the world. Lets celebrate his talent and let the lawyers and his wife cast the stones!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
I think we are celebrating the sporting achievements of Mr. Warne. I am sure we could all condemn each others private lives. Who cares about the private lives of others (unless you are gossip with no life).

Shane is an outstanding bowler - possibly the best in the world. Lets celebrate his talent and let the lawyers and his wife cast the stones!
exactly...let he who is without sin... etc.

Both Shane and Glenn McGrath are superb cricketers and I think we have been privileged to see them play for so long. They'll be seriously missed.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:43 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by northernbird
For all of us Warney fans in Aus, he is on Parkinson on UKTV on 8th January, don't know how old the interview is, but its got to be worth seeing
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:59 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

For all of us Warney fans in Aus, he is on Parkinson on UKTV on 8th January, don't know how old the interview is, but its got to be worth seeing
"Warne will sit down with "Parkie", a passionate cricket fan, before a live audience at Foxtel's Sydney studios on January 7, the day after the cricketer's last Test."

and...

"PREMIERES:

AUSTRALIA: MONDAY 8 JANUARY AT 7.30PM
NEW ZEALAND: MONDAY 15 JANUARY AT 8:30PM

Set to be one of the most anticipated television interviews of the year, foremost television journalist and presenter, Michael Parkinson interviews Australia’s greatest ever bowler, Shane Warne in a frank ‘one-on-one’ exclusive television interview.

Parkinson, an enthusiastic cricket fan, is regarded as one of the world’s best television interviewers. While Warne, who has often been dogged by a number of off-field controversies, is one of the greatest and most charismatic cricketers of our time.

The interview will have no boundaries and will cover Warne’s stellar career on the cricket field, as well as his personal mishaps and controversies on and off the field.

Michael Parkinson is renowned for his insightful interviewing style and has produced some of the most memorable moments in television history. He is also an award winning radio broadcaster, journalist and author. In an illustrious career that has seen him mix words and meet minds with some of the most famous names of modern times, Michael Parkinson has earned a reputation as one of the finest ever exponents of the television interview."

Won't get more up to date than that...!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 12:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sad its written on my calendar to remind me.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:43 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by khoardiroy

Yes but the way he behaves in private affects his sporting career, for example the reason he was never made Captain of the OZ team was because of his private behaviour. l doubt Sir Don Bradman would be seen as such a hero if he had slept with thousands of strippers.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

If an individual was denied promotion at theor workplace due their private lives, it would be seen as uacceptable. As previously stated I believe his professional achievments should be praised and his personal ones not. That said, the media desires a story and if we subscribe to this then we are as guilty as the gossips who exploit his off field activities.

Is any sports person or entertainer a hero? No. Though someone who saves a life is. Don B is no hero, just talented. I would say David Beckham is an outstanding footballer and enjoy watching his talent even if he is English , but his personal life has no effect on my appreciation of his abilities. Why therefore should Mr. Warne's personal life have any effect on the recognition of his skill.