Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Jun 30th 2016, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Natural Selection is inhumane. That's all I can say.
I agree with natural selection. I don't really agree with helping it along (depending on circumstances).
Old Jun 30th 2016, 3:12 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Why not? Is it against people's supernatural beliefs?
Old Jun 30th 2016, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Why not? Is it against people's supernatural beliefs?
I don't really care about other people's religious beliefs. I just think we shouldn't pull the rug from under people so that only the strong remain. Nature is its own force. It doesn't need us to help make up its mind.

When people try to apply the same logic, it's usually the best con artists who appear the 'fittest'.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
People that abuse the system should be stopped but that's a different matter.
Agree .... and hands up, I probably abuse that. It's all too easy to get into a full bulk billing GP. We have one on our street. Just rock up and see the doc. Its too easy.

And anyone who smokes should have to pay full whack for a GP visit, even if it's non smoking related.
Disagree. You've got a knee injury, what's that got to do with smoking? Like a beer? Well you damaging your body, you pay extra for health care. Don't do a minimum of 4 hours of exercise a week? You pay extra.

Where does it stop?

If smoking is that much of a burden on the health system, then ban it.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beoz
Agree .... and hands up, I probably abuse that. It's all too easy to get into a full bulk billing GP. We have one on our street. Just rock up and see the doc. Its too easy.

Disagree. You've got a knee injury, what's that got to do with smoking? Like a beer? Well you damaging your body, you pay extra for health care. Don't do a minimum of 4 hours of exercise a week? You pay extra.

Where does it stop?

If smoking is that much of a burden on the health system, then ban it.
Using a bulk billing gp is not abusing the system as that's how the system works. Actually when it comes to GP visits, I'm more concerned about doctors abusing the system.

If smokers don't like it, stop smoking. I had'nt worked in the city for quite a while but I am now and am surprised by how many smokers there are on the street. It's really disgusting to a non smoker. Beautiful city but will choke you on second hand smoke. The world should take a stronger stance on smoking as it has no benefit to anyone. You might say that it helps the economy but I'll throw your 'automation' argument back at you. It can be replaced by something more profitable and healthier if we really want it.

Also, I'd like smoking to be banned but there seems to be far too much lobbying for that to ever happen.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Using a bulk billing gp is not abusing the system as that's how the system works. Actually when it comes to GP visits, I'm more concerned about doctors abusing the system.
If someone is a habitual doctor see-er then a little bit of financial pain might make them see otherwise.

I'll give you an example. My wife loves taking my son to the GP for the most minor of things. Stuff like a cold. She goes, the doc says, its a cold, she comes home. The $7 payment should have been introduced.

If smokers don't like it, stop smoking. I had'nt worked in the city for quite a while but I am now and am surprised by how many smokers there are on the street. It's really disgusting to a non smoker. Beautiful city but will choke you on second hand smoke. The world should take a stronger stance on smoking as it has no benefit to anyone. You might say that it helps the economy but I'll throw your 'automation' argument back at you. It can be replaced by something more profitable and healthier if we really want it.

Also, I'd like smoking to be banned but there seems to be far too much lobbying for that to ever happen.
Na I'm not worried about the incredible amount of taxation countries make on smoking and the economic benefits. Not sure what automation has to do with it but that's an easy argument to win.

If governments allow smoking, like drinking, then they need to be prepared to put up with the health fall outs.

I can't recall where I read this, but alcohol puts more burden on our health system than smoking.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

If someone is a habitual doctor see-er then a little bit of financial pain might make them see otherwise.

I'll give you an example. My wife loves taking my son to the GP for the most minor of things. Stuff like a cold. She goes, the doc says, its a cold, she comes home. The $7 payment should have been introduced.

Na I'm not worried about the incredible amount of taxation countries make on smoking and the economic benefits. Not sure what automation has to do with it but that's an easy argument to win.

If governments allow smoking, like drinking, then they need to be prepared to put up with the health fall outs.

I can't recall where I read this, but alcohol puts more burden on our health system than smoking.
No, your wife needs to be educated on when to go to the doctor. Some people actually need to see their doctor very regularly. It's the doctors that are not educating their patients of when to use the system that are the bigger problem.

I think there is also more of an education problem with alcohol too as its not harmful to have a beer. It's harmful to have a skinful and then get aggressive.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, your wife needs to be educated on when to go to the doctor. Some people actually need to see their doctor very regularly. It's the doctors that are not educating their patients of when to use the system that are the bigger problem.

I think there is also more of an education problem with alcohol too as its not harmful to have a beer. It's harmful to have a skinful and then get aggressive.
Doctors are running a business. Why should doctors behave different to other businesses. They aren't charities.

To control both doctors and patients you need a deterrent. If you have a medical issue that requires regular visits, that can be exempt.

1 cigarette aint gonna kill anyone either. Smoking doesn't get you into a fight.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Doctors are running a business. Why should doctors behave different to other businesses. They aren't charities.

To control both doctors and patients you need a deterrent. If you have a medical issue that requires regular visits, that can be exempt.

1 cigarette aint gonna kill anyone either. Smoking doesn't get you into a fight.

Doctors are running a business, but they also take a significant portion of that business from public funding. Your accountant doesn't have a tax return rebate he gets from the government.

Doctors seem to want it both ways - to take from the state and take from the punter. Bulk billing doctors should be commended on not being greedy and attempting to double dip.

S
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Doctors are running a business, but they also take a significant portion of that business from public funding. Your accountant doesn't have a tax return rebate he gets from the government.

Doctors seem to want it both ways - to take from the state and take from the punter. Bulk billing doctors should be commended on not being greedy and attempting to double dip.

S
Yes exactly. Now if we can just get a few of them to diagnose things and not put patients on a conveyor belt, we'd be winning.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
I would say that most of GP's takings come from public money. But so what?

Many private businesses take from the public purse. And its happening more and more as the public sector downsizes and makes use of the private sector.

I don't see the issue.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I would say that most of GP's takings come from public money. But so what?

Many private businesses take from the public purse. And its happening more and more as the public sector downsizes and makes use of the private sector.

I don't see the issue.
....and prices on everything go up. Anyway, moving on....
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

They want to cut a little bit of welfare in the right areas, and good on them. Nothing on health though .... still waiting for that evidence. Without it you are BS are just lying.

I also notice 75% of the Australian Chinese community will vote Lib.

I guess the racist argument is lost too.

Ouch.
Cut welfare in the right areas? Every government has been going backwards on welfare, with a prune here and a tug there for decades. Little left to cut, of course, as well as coming late in the day so hardly be ascertained just where these ' cuts' may occur from.

Nothing on health as Abbott had already made cuts in health areas. Present lot running scared to impose further desired policy of cuts. No wonder why the populace are turning on their masters and elites across the western world.

Racist? No one accused either government of racism, at least against rich immigrants that maintain the population Ponzi. Chinese migrants along with their countrymen back in China, have largely been responsible for adverting a housing collapse. Why would either side pick on a group that is largely saving their bacon?

Not the same for asylum seekers on bridging visa's doing it tough within the community of course. No goodwill as no votes in compassion, I'm afraid.

Oh, the Lib's are a little concerned with being able to hold about three WA seats owing to the housing downturn in WA. There some anger within the community at a Federal and State level here.

I guess very hard to make any sort of argument in favour of that lot. Saying that I do not see Shorten as PM either.

Use your Senate vote wisely folks. Only way to keep the bastwards, partly honest.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I think the CFA combined with the events in the UK may well be too big a hurdle for Labour to overcome. I dont think the Greens will be successful in ousting Labour in it's heartland in anyway shape or form... So that will be a bonus. In fact Labour will probably increase it's vote share in the Inner North of Melbourne. Melbourne ports a different story, with a totally different type of voter.

Anyone that believes that Turnbull wont bowl over Medicare may as well start writing letters to Santa c/o the North Pole. A massive price to pay.

Victoria to maintain the Status Quo.... so it depends on the rest of the country now.

Come on WA....

Shop Steward training school for me on Friday.... I'll see what the opinion re the CFA is in there. I doubt it will be that favourable to the UFU.... could be wrong though.
The agenda is clearly set by the Turnbull lot with regards to Health. He isn't a lot different than Abbott apart from not going at it like a bull at the gate, note for example Abbott's highly unjust first budget.

This lot want to take us to an awful place where the majority are ever powerless and forced to become passive and compliant both in work and out.

Levered to the eyeballs, in one of the most expensive countries to have a roof over ones head, with little rights as a renter, declining rights at work, knocking off welfare to the level it doesn't offer much more than prevent starvation and little in the way of salvation on offer.

If the people vote this lot in with any great majority you will deserve all that is coming your way.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Cut welfare in the right areas? Every government has been going backwards on welfare, with a prune here and a tug there for decades. Little left to cut, of course, as well as coming late in the day so hardly be ascertained just where these ' cuts' may occur from.

Nothing on health as Abbott had already made cuts in health areas. Present lot running scared to impose further desired policy of cuts. No wonder why the populace are turning on their masters and elites across the western world.

Racist? No one accused either government of racism, at least against rich immigrants that maintain the population Ponzi. Chinese migrants along with their countrymen back in China, have largely been responsible for adverting a housing collapse. Why would either side pick on a group that is largely saving their bacon?

Not the same for asylum seekers on bridging visa's doing it tough within the community of course. No goodwill as no votes in compassion, I'm afraid.

Oh, the Lib's are a little concerned with being able to hold about three WA seats owing to the housing downturn in WA. There some anger within the community at a Federal and State level here.

I guess very hard to make any sort of argument in favour of that lot. Saying that I do not see Shorten as PM either.

Use your Senate vote wisely folks. Only way to keep the bastwards, partly honest.
I'm sure people will use their senate vote wisely.

For the lefties its all about me me me so nothing in it for them and voting for welfare and refugees.

Double standards and hypocrisy failing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.