Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Best Comedian in the world?

Best Comedian in the world?

Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:55 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Comedian in the world?

Any good Australian comedians? Or any at all? There certainly aren't any working for any of the local TV channels.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:58 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Dame Edna or Rik mayall
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:59 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Burbage
Any good Australian comedians? Or any at all? There certainly aren't any working for any of the local TV channels.
What about Barry Humpries who plays Dame Edna and sir les patterson

Last edited by mohogony; Apr 14th 2009 at 6:17 am.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:06 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Yes, Barry's not bad in a music hall sort of way.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Does anyone find the Les Patterson character funny? I don't think I've ever heard a word because my eyes and brain are reminding me how completely repulsive he is He's good at the Dame Edna thing when he's 'interviewing' celebs but apart from that????
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Styler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Tommy Cooper, genius... endex.

Went to the paper shop....it had blown away.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks....They charged one and let the other one off.

A woman told her doctor, 'I've got a bad back. 'The doctor said, 'It's old age. 'The woman said, 'I want a second opinion. 'The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well. '

'You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine. 'So that was nice.'

A man walked into the doctor's, The doctor said 'I haven't seen you in a long time'....The man replied, 'I know I've been ill'

A man walked into the doctor's, he said 'I've hurt my arm in several places'...The doctor said 'well don't go there any more'

I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already.

Went to the corner shop - bought 4 corners

'So I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said 'Who's speaking please?'
And a voice said, 'You are.'

'So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said ' Is that the local swimming baths?' He said ' It depends where you're calling from.'

I went to the doctors the other day and I said, 'have you got anything for wind'....so he gave me a kite.

I went to the Doctors the other day, and he said, 'Go to Bournemouth, it's great for 'flu....So I went, and I got it.'

I was in the attic the other day with the wife. Damp and dusty.........but she's great with the kids!

So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my house'. He said 'I'm not stopping you.'
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

case closed.

Originally Posted by Styler

I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks....They charged one and let the other one off.

A woman told her doctor, 'I've got a bad back. 'The doctor said, 'It's old age. 'The woman said, 'I want a second opinion. 'The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well. '

'You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine. 'So that was nice.'

A man walked into the doctor's, The doctor said 'I haven't seen you in a long time'....The man replied, 'I know I've been ill'

A man walked into the doctor's, he said 'I've hurt my arm in several places'...The doctor said 'well don't go there any more'

'So I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said 'Who's speaking please?'

'So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said ' Is that the local swimming baths?' He said ' It depends where you're calling from.'

I went to the doctors the other day and I said, 'have you got anything for wind'....so he gave me a kite.

I went to the Doctors the other day, and he said, 'Go to Bournemouth, it's great for 'flu....So I went, and I got it.'

I was in the attic the other day with the wife. Damp and dusty.........but she's great with the kids!

So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my house'. He said 'I'm not stopping you.'
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:59 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

tommy cooper, robin williams and i can't believe no-one mentioned jimmy jones, the man's a legend
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:13 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
tommy cooper, robin williams and i can't believe no-one mentioned jimmy jones, the man's a legend
Not this guy is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Cooler
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
There are actually loads of Australian comedians, some good, some terrible. And some foreign comedians that are famous only in Australia - Jimeoin and Danny Bhoy are two examples.

Some of the ones I like :
Jim Jeffries (quite crude though, but very funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLcsKyGWpc

Shaun Micallef
Mick Molloy
Glenn Robbins
Roy & HG
Tom Gleisner
The Twelfth Man
Mark Trevorrow (aka Bob Downe)
Kevin Bloody Wilson
Rob Sitch
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

kainic is an unknown quantity at this point

Peter kay is truly funny. Alan carr is also very funny.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:01 pm
Demi-God

Originally Posted by sr71
There are actually loads of Australian comedians, some good, some terrible. And some foreign comedians that are famous only in Australia - Jimeoin and Danny Bhoy are two examples.

Some of the ones I like :
Jim Jeffries (quite crude though, but very funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLcsKyGWpc

Shaun Micallef
Mick Molloy
Glenn Robbins
Roy & HG
Tom Gleisner
The Twelfth Man
Mark Trevorrow (aka Bob Downe)
Kevin Bloody Wilson
Rob Sitch
Ah yes, Billy Birmingham is hilarious. The Final Dig is a masterpiece. But he doesn't do stand up does he?

I keep hearing about Kevin Bloody Wilson but I have yet to hear anything funny attributed to him.

I shall keep a weather eye open for the others.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:05 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Styler

Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Tommy Cooper was simply the most funniest man alive, he even had the audience laughing when he had his fatal heart attack on live tv .. I remember watching it.

Billy Connolly used to be funny,then he went to simple dire.

Eddie Izzard is fantastic, but also Michael McIntyre is very good .. look him up on youtube. heres one.

Another very good one though is Dara Ó Briain. Class Link!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by aussiedreamz
Bill Hicks and Steve Coogan is my fave...

A Bill Hicks fan on the sunny coast. We should meet up my friend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.