Aussie newsreaders 'World Record!'

Aussie newsreaders 'World Record!'

Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie newsreaders 'World Record!'

[QUOTE=NKSK version 2;4333493]
Originally Posted by iPom

I guess newsreaders get paid to reflect a certain view... that of their network or owner - Murdoch? I don't know what channel you watch.

QUOTE]

BBC World is pretty good.

One of the worst things I see is Sky (UK and Australia) when they have the polls.

e.g. there's just been a news item about Hilali or whoever saying that all white Australian women should be raped because they are "asking for it" and then straight after the item, there's a poll saying "Should Hilali be sent back to Saudi Arabia"

Makes me cringe every time I see a poll.
Just like watching a tabloid news paper.

I use the BBC news website. Pretty good.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:54 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Just got to be a wind up, but I can't refuse a good whinge so here goes...
- Cherry Ripes
(That was really worth emmigrating for)

- A winning cricket team
(I'd rather watch paint dry)

- No class system
(LOL, Ok so no toffs and scoffs, but plenty of have and have not's. The class system is alive and well here but just not the kind of class you're used to)

- A work ethic
(Yeah right, It's a well known Australian trait that they are very proud of, the laid back lifestyle and work attitude. Translated means can't be arsed to do a good job. I don't doubt they work long ours or hard, but quantity isn't everything. The work ethic here is a couldn't give a rat's arse ethic)

- Non-corrupt politicians
(Oh my, what can I say, Non corrupt!! Just must be some other country you were refering to)

- Police who carry guns
(Great, and they are not affraid to use them either, just don't park the wrong way in the street)

- Beautiful asia on our doorstep
(You can keep that, give me Europe anyday)

- Affordable housing
(Year right, if you want a tree house or shed maybe, but if you want to live somwhere remotely un chavvy and near civilisation or by the coast your in for a shock)

- Beaches with sand
(I come from Cornwall where all the beaches had sand, so you must be on about another country)

- Affordable grocery prices
(Yep, very affordable, and they keep the price rises to a very low 20-30% a year. I can't give a hoot what they say the RPI is here. Where I am and my life I've seen my grocery bill double in the 2 years I've been here, and petrol has gone up 50%+ (I'm pretty sure it hasn't gone up that much back home))

- Quality restaurants
(Ho Hum, none near me)

- fresh seafood
(What was it back home then? Always seemed mighty fresh to me)

- Fair salaries for all
(If you want to be the man who checks your docket and lifts the barrier at bunnings then maybe you are right)

- A sense of humour (the abilty to laugh at ourselves and others).
(Yeah but a sense of humour that is so unsophisticated and toilet based as to be tottaly un-funny to me. Give me a British sense of humour anyday rather than the "it gets funnier the louder you shout the joke" type)

- Here, you're better off being down on your luck than up yourself.
(No idea what you mean here)

Ok I'm off out to work and get some skin cancer and cataracts!
Hey Arkon, I didn't post that, I was just quoting a post by MD09.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the Wallabies as a nick name for a sporting team - it'll never catch on.

Can I join the mature gang bitching about the nick names given to sports teams? I'm in need of some intellectual conversation :irony:
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Sometimes I think you just are plain wrong, or twist things around. What seemed to be the consensus was that the world enjoyed watching Australia play, and a lot of positive things were said about their supporters, and the team won over some neutrals.

It happens a lot in sport championships, people get behind a 'minor' nation and enjoy them before concentrating on the real sporting giants in that game. Sort of like Cameroon in 1990.

Doesn't that sound more like it?
hmmm..a lot of k coming in.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

I quite like CNN, only because I used to spend a lot of time abroad in my previous life and many a time the only english speaking channel in my room would be CNN.

What I would say about the TV presenters here is it is all more like a sixth form class doing the shows. All very excitable and naive.
also brain dead,bloody tunnel vision. Then you have to feel sorry for the wankers they have never been anywhere except australia !!!!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:30 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
The wankers they have never been anywhere except australia !!!!!!!
There's another way of looking at it, of course, density of population has meant that travelling to other EEC countries from the UK is considerably cheaper than travelling outside Australia. I mean, my parents weren't exactly loaded when we were kids (my mum worked three part-time jobs to help pay the way) but we (all six of us) were still able to load up the car with a tent, hop on a ferry and go to Brittany for a couple of weeks. What comparable option does a working class Australian family have? Hmmm? And does that really make them wankers because they don't have the options that are wasted on the xenophobic brits?
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:33 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hey Arkon, I didn't post that, I was just quoting a post by MD09.
LOL, I didn't think it was you. I just guessed your hubby had logged in as you and posted it. It did seem way out of character to be yours.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:35 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
There's another way of looking at it, of course, density of population has meant that travelling to other EEC countries from the UK is considerably cheaper than travelling outside Australia. I mean, my parents weren't exactly loaded when we were kids (my mum worked three part-time jobs to help pay the way) but we (all six of us) were still able to load up the car with a tent, hop on a ferry and go to Brittany for a couple of weeks. What comparable option does a working class Australian family have? Hmmm? And does that really make them wankers because they don't have the options that are wasted on the xenophobic brits?
How is that an excuse? It's ok they are tunnel visioned and very naive because they don't travel as much as brits? I almost said they should watch the news to get a better understanding of the rest of the world, but that wouldn't work either unless they watched BBC world.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

How is that an excuse? It's ok they are tunnel visioned and very naive because they don't travel as much as brits?
It's not an excuse - it's a statement of fact. They do not have the budget foreign travel options afforded to the British. And it was in response to Irish Guiness who suggested that they (the Australian scumbags you poor unfortunates have to taint yourselves by living in close proximity to every day) were 'wankers' because they'd never travelled beyond Australia.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:47 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Hutch, how about a thread, telling us what it's like in your region. Arn't you in Kiama or near to it? We almost bought a property in Kiama when we first got here.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

It's not an excuse - it's a statement of fact. They do not have the budget foreign travel options afforded to the British. And it was in response to Irish Guiness who suggested that they (the Australian scumbags you poor unfortunates have to taint yourselves by living in close proximity to every day) were 'wankers' because they'd never travelled beyond Australia.
Well how sad for them.... are they not supposed to be living in THE LUCKY COUNTRY. What can't afford to travel abroad? By the way Guinness has two n's in it, but never mind that's how they have spelt it in the bar of the new Adelaide Airport, but never mind,
Oi oi oi !!!!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:55 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Well how sad for them.... are they not supposed to be living in THE LUCKY COUNTRY. What can't afford to travel abroad? By the way Guinness has two n's in it, but never mind that's how they have spelt it in the bar of the new Adelaide Airport, but never mind,
Oi oi oi !!!!!!!
Well they do have a capitol city that doesn't have an international airport, That probably helps them to be un traveled.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Well they do have a capitol city that doesn't have an international airport, That probably helps them to be un traveled.
I think you'll find they have a capital city.

Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oi oi oi !!!!!!!
They can travel abroad.

The only problem is that when cheap travel options arise - e.g. opening up of the Pacific route to Singapore Airlines, Valuair flying in and out of Perth, - the government or Qantas (with the support of government) blocks it or stops it.

It's too easy to say Australia is too big, has low population density, too remote. I would have sympathy for this argument if there was free competition which actually helped Australian consumers (not Qantas employees under some misguided notion of being un-Australian if we don't help them). As it stands, defenders of the faith blame the physical and demographic aspects of Australia and rarely examine the protectionist policies of the government.

People need to remember that Europe and the UK used to be like Australia - until things were liberated a bit.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
I think you'll find they have a capital city.

Read the post again , I think you have read it wrong !!!!!!!! that's not what ARKON SAID !!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.