AUS V ENG RUGBY

Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:53 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AUS V ENG RUGBY

Originally Posted by Urno
I find this comment ironic seeing as you have Carlos Tevez as your avatar.....
But I'm West Ham and have had him as my avatar since last season, so not really ironic is it?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

If you asked the same question to Aussies living in England then i bet most would say "Australia of course mate", likewise, although i am resident here and love it and really like the Aussie mentality to sport (already have an AFL team) when it comes to national sides then it will be England for a long time to come, i think your average Aussie would have less respect if a Pom transferred alegiances so easily...
While Australia will probably win i don't think it is a forgone conclussion, remember Aus against the all blacks last time, that was a forgone conclussion untill the end of the game! That is the beauty of Rugby, the underdog always has a reasonable chance.

As for double barreled names.. blame the parents
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Originally Posted by keijei
Now that Wales are out, I have to go for my wife's team so go Aussie. Come to think of it, whoever England played I'd go for their opponents. Always have always will.
"whoever England played I'd go for their opponents. Always have always will."

i love it when you celts say the above.that means we are right under your skin. is it because we are the ONLY NATION IN THE WORLD TO WIN 2 WORLD CUPS,[rugger, footy]and that we pretty much invented any sport worth playing and you hate us for it.

long may it continue
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:57 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Australia! Though it was a bit tricky as Im half Aussie/half English but as the passports an Aussie one & that's where we're headed it go go go Aus!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
You're not even here yet and you've already turned traitor.

Btw England isn't crappy
I know but how can I ever say England,being Welsh ???

I know we were shite

So it's Oz all the way for me!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tony s
"whoever England played I'd go for their opponents. Always have always will."

i love it when you celts say the above.that means we are right under your skin. is it because we are the ONLY NATION IN THE WORLD TO WIN 2 WORLD CUPS,[rugger, footy]and that we pretty much invented any sport worth playing and you hate us for it.

long may it continue
Plus you have about 40 million more people to choose from than 'us Celts' so thats a slight advantage
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:28 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

But I'm West Ham and have had him as my avatar since last season, so not really ironic is it?
It would stick in my throat too much to blindly adore an Argy footballer that much (as an Englishman). They're a bunch of dirty cheats; always have been and always will be. Are there not English West Ham players to support?

I certainly wouldn't get a ******' Argy top or Tevez t-shirt. Ack! And in my book there's fewer footballing crimes lower than Man U fans singing "Argentina!" Truly appalling.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:54 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
Why not?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Why not?
Its just hammered into you from an extremely young age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even remotely interested in any sport , just thought i'd add to the discussion
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:18 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Urno
It would stick in my throat too much to blindly adore an Argy footballer that much (as an Englishman). They're a bunch of dirty cheats; always have been and always will be. Are there not English West Ham players to support?

I certainly wouldn't get a ******' Argy top or Tevez t-shirt. Ack! And in my book there's fewer footballing crimes lower than Man U fans singing "Argentina!" Truly appalling.
I wouldn't wear an argy shirt either. Tevez isn't a cheat though and yed there were English West Ham players to support but none of them put in the same effort that he did even though he was treated appallingly.

You can't tar a whole nation with the same brush you really should build a bridge and get over it.
They play fantastic football now and are not dirty at all, they were a joy to watch at the G the other week.

Last edited by fraser; Oct 1st 2007 at 10:21 am.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:23 am

I know we were shite

So it's Oz all the way for me!!!!
I apologise on both counts, and I agree your location is "crappyland"
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=fraser;5373368]I apologise on both counts, and I agree your location is "crappyland"[/QU

Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Plus you have about 40 million more people to choose from than 'us Celts' so thats a slight advantage
that arguement does not stand up at all. ie, new zealand population 4 million,
australia 20 million and they are not to bad at rugby ehh.....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tony s
that arguement does not stand up at all. ie, new zealand population 4 million,
australia 20 million and they are not to bad at rugby ehh.....
Just directed at 'those english know it alls'

Anyway I HATE SPORT and i'm off out shopping!! Byeeeeee
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:38 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

I wouldn't wear an argy shirt either. Tevez isn't a cheat though and yed there were English West Ham players to support but none of them put in the same effort that he did even though he was treated appallingly.

You can't tar a whole nation with the same brush you really should build a bridge and get over it.
They play fantastic football now and are not dirty at all, they were a joy to watch at the G the other week.
Sorry but thats bollocks, and we'll have to agree to disagree!

I've been to Buenos Aires, and in spite of being mugged (well, about 50p in cash taken from my hand) i had a great time there. Friendly people and quality beef!

Their footballers on the other hand are a bunch of tossers. If they spent more time concentrating on winning, rather than how to get the next free kick/pen and less time on their hair, then they'd be the world's best without doubt.

And rivalries are what football's about. The rivalry between Eng and Arg is a good thing, but building bridges....? Would you pop down The Den to build bridges?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.