Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Originally Posted by BILDER
Oh that's a new one! Did you think that one up all by yourself? you should be proud! I would consider that ad hominem (google it), as you don't know me or how I dress.
Getting a bit sensitive now are you?
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Am I alone in finding that oddly arousing?
Err, yes I think you are
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I don't see it a simple issue, but simply put, I think that equality is having the same rights and freedoms to do whatever anyone else does in a certain area.
Unless you're Black in which case you're free to say 'Nigger' - or White, in which case you dont have that freedom....

Damned inequity everywhere....
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Unless you're Black in which case you're free to say 'Nigger' - or White, in which case you dont have that freedom....

Damned inequity everywhere....
I don't support the idea that blacks can use the N word among themselves, I think that if they find that offensive, no one should use that word. That is what equality means.

Originally Posted by DadAgain
hmmmm wouldnt that be either:

1) With whom did I speak French?
-or-
2) Who did I speak French to?
Yes, you are right. I meant to write the former.

Chaps, I think I will call it a day. I thought I had Australia figured out, but apparently I don't. I must say, I am proud to be an American. As for being an Australian... I probably won't mention that fact ever again.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:56 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Case in point.

Right...

With whom did I speak French to? I swore at the man.
Take a gander:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon_my_French
What you getting shitty with me for?
The gloves are off.
what's the point in swearing at an Australian in French?.
You obviously didn't have the bottle to do it in English.
I'll tell you now, I wouldn't have left that restaurant with my Mrs without first pulling that bloke and belting him.
Even if resulted in me getting a hiding.
Swearing in French!!! Pathetic!!!
When you left that restaurant,you left your balls behind and I'm sure the Aussies were kicking them around the floor for the rest of the evening.
Man up!!!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Chaps, I think I will call it a day. I thought I had Australia figured out, but apparently I don't. I must say, I am proud to be an American. As for being an Australian... I probably won't mention that fact ever again.
Bye... from a pack of Brits and South Africans.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

As for being an Australian... I probably won't mention that fact ever again.
A mutually agreeable situation I'm sure.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering most people were tentatively supportive of you at the start, you've done remarkably well to piss everyone off in the space of 6 pages
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:01 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Considering most people were tentatively supportive of you at the start, you've done remarkably well to piss everyone off in the space of 6 pages

Yeah, I noticed that...

S
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yeah, I noticed that...

S
Well, it all went pear shaped on page 2. How did they know you were American? Nobody likes America because of this that and the other.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
What you getting shitty with me for?
The gloves are off.
what's the point in swearing at an Australian in French?.
You obviously didn't have the bottle to do it in English.
I'll tell you now, I wouldn't have left that restaurant with my Mrs without first pulling that bloke and belting him.
Even if resulted in me getting a hiding.
Swearing in French!!! Pathetic!!!
When you left that restaurant,you left your balls behind and I'm sure the Aussies were kicking them around the floor for the rest of the evening.
Man up!!!
Maybe BILDER is a checkout chick from Indiana. My husband and I (then my boyfriend) were buying groceries in Indiana years ago and the checkout chick found our Australian accents very amusing, so she called over all the other employees to listen to us speak. One of the girls was most intrigued and asked if we were from Paris, France.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
...and that's why the world hates America...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:06 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Am I alone in finding that oddly arousing?
No. I think his mustache/glasses combo is pretty hot.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:08 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
...and that's why the world hates America...
why is everyone so shitty with this poor fella?
show some manners, you <<XXXXXX>>! (edited by Mod)

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 19th 2011 at 4:59 pm. Reason: Attempts like that to get round the swear filter really aren't welcome on BE, watch the language please
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:11 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
No. I think his mustache/glasses combo is pretty hot.
Stop it,you tease!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.