All the Gear

Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:56 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

Originally Posted by Beoz
Garry won't touch anything not made by Google. You are wasting your keystrokes
Hardly. You should hear what they call me when I call the Pixel phones "apple-aping overpriced tat" ....

And shouldn't you be apparelled that he's not using the Windows Playdough OS on mickeysoft's hardware?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Hardly. You should hear what they call me when I call the Pixel phones "apple-aping overpriced tat" ....

And shouldn't you be apparelled that he's not using the Windows Playdough OS on mickeysoft's hardware?
Sorry .... I got that slightly incorrect ...... Google as long as its cheap

You could align me with Microsoft, but I run a Samsung phone, so that's out. And I have nothing against Google either, they just don't do anything worth paying for, unless its advertising.

Speaking of which, I'm about to ditch Chrome as my default browser. I'm starting to get all sorts of issues and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 is bloody good.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:45 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry .... I got that slightly incorrect ...... Google as long as its cheap
Nope, I'd even accept apple if the price were right. I have an aversion to marketeers bumping the price to "what the market will bear".

Speaking of which, I'm about to ditch Chrome as my default browser. I'm starting to get all sorts of issues and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 is bloody good.
I've tended to stick with Firefox. Edge support of new stuff is problematic at best.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I've tended to stick with Firefox. Edge support of new stuff is problematic at best.
How do you know? You don't use it.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 10:58 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

How do you know? You don't use it.
R E S E A R C H

http://iswebrtcreadyyet.com/
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Learn by Google. How about Learn by Experience.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:03 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Learn by Google. How about Learn by Experience.
Scar tissue from IE 6 suggests not.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A browser is pretty much, err, a browser

I tend to use Chrome but also use Firefox and IE/Edge

I've never understood browser wars - they do pretty much what it says on the tin. Okay, maybe not all equal - Safari is electronic crud
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I've got a Surface Pro 3 running Linux Mint 18 - and I can honestly say it is the best computer I have ever owned - it's a great bit of machinery.

The linux distro was written specifically for the Surface though - so all of the functionality works out fo the box.

S
I also have a SP3 but with bog standard W10 and agree, it's a great piece of tech

As for Linux, I've recently built a HTPC running Ubuntu (mainly because I didn't have a spare Windows licence) and so far, so meh. It's okay and obviously has a different learning curve but it's nothing special IMO

I'm yet to be convinced
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

While Samsung have been building exploding phones and Apple have been churning out their latest ifashion accessories, Xiaomi have been developing this beauty:

Xiaomi are coming up like a freight train. I've just ordered a new Xiaomi Note 3 Pro for my wife because she's smashed the screen on her existing phone (same model) - just over AUD200 on Gearbest

It's an incredible phone for the money. You get 90% of the functionality of a G7 or IP7 at 20% (or less) of the price. Unless someone else is paying for it, why bother IMO. Despite what it states in the above video, it also comes with an international version of their Android with Google Play already installed
Old Oct 28th 2016, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scar tissue from IE 6 suggests not.
IE 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 pile of poo.

Time to move on. Edge is here
Old Oct 28th 2016, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A browser is pretty much, err, a browser

I tend to use Chrome but also use Firefox and IE/Edge

I've never understood browser wars - they do pretty much what it says on the tin. Okay, maybe not all equal - Safari is electronic crud
To a degree I agree. Started using Chrome as it was so light weight and nibble. Now constantly getting "Aw Snap".

Yep "Aw Snap" you are in the bin. Night night.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 10:41 pm
Proudly Deplorable

VR - I'm a bit ambivalent about it. It has its place but is not the 2nd coming as some would have us believe

This brought a tear to my eye though:
VR transports WW2 veteran to French town he helped liberate | Alphr
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
VR - I'm a bit ambivalent about it. It has its place but is not the 2nd coming as some would have us believe

This brought a tear to my eye though:
VR transports WW2 veteran to French town he helped liberate | Alphr
Yep. I think the world will move beyond VR. AR will be the game changer.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Yep. I think the world will move beyond VR. AR will be the game changer.
We'll see

Everyone walking around with headsets on - not my idea of a normal society

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.