All the Gear

Old Mar 16th 2016, 1:11 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All the Gear

Originally Posted by Beoz
This looks kind of interesting. Strap on lenses for your smartphone.

https://hdfx360.com/pre/au/index.htm...4=&s5=27775663
I had a similar set of 3 lens about 7 years ago, cost about £7 and were attached magnetically. Worked, but not exactly practical to carry around.

Now if they actually had 360 deg lens, and for a reasonable price, it might be interesting....
Old Mar 16th 2016, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
I had a similar set of 3 lens about 7 years ago, cost about £7 and were attached magnetically. Worked, but not exactly practical to carry around.

Now if they actually had 360 deg lens, and for a reasonable price, it might be interesting....
One would hope that in 7 years things have developed.

7 years ago the world was captured by the second gen iphone. The camera on that bad boy wasn't great. Things have moved on since then.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Just think how many more wedding photographers there will be.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Just think how many more wedding photographers there will be.
You wont need a wedding photographer. Hand out 5 of these to the guests, happy days
Old Mar 16th 2016, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

You wont need a wedding photographer. Hand out 5 of these to the guests, happy days
“Carrying an ultra-compact, lightweight set of these lenses will give you the power of a $4000 DSLR in your pocket.”

Old Mar 16th 2016, 5:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This kind of thing has been around for a while. I'm sure that they are pretty good but have me asking, what's the point? If you are into photography then you're going to have a DSLR. Phones are great for taking snaps and have basically killed off the compact camera market but keen photographers are going to opt for a DSLR or compact DSLR
Old Mar 16th 2016, 5:35 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

One would hope that in 7 years things have developed.

7 years ago the world was captured by the second gen iphone. The camera on that bad boy wasn't great. Things have moved on since then.
I'm smelling a rat.

Not only do these links turn up on various fake websites, each with a different 'Affid' number, the actual name of the lens doesn't turn up on any reviews, forums etc.

Meanwhile, on Amazon we find this, which looks like pretty much the same lenses, for much less.

Yarrashop® Universal 3 in 1 Mobile Phone Camera Lens: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics Yarrashop® Universal 3 in 1 Mobile Phone Camera Lens: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

So Beoz, want to come clean?

Old Mar 16th 2016, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This kind of thing has been around for a while. I'm sure that they are pretty good but have me asking, what's the point? If you are into photography then you're going to have a DSLR. Phones are great for taking snaps and have basically killed off the compact camera market but keen photographers are going to opt for a DSLR or compact DSLR
I like my photography but sometimes the SLR and its associated kit isn't practical for carrying around.

As Garry mentioned, if it can be portable enough then it might be handy.

Especially if you have a phone with a good camera. My Note takes excellent shots. Its even got the SLR mode which is very good.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He he ho ho ...... one for the suckers.

Apple needs to make some money, so just when you thought the pad was a dead duck because the 5+ inch phones do the job of the tablet, Apple shrinks the phone, and brings out the new pad.

Here’s Everything Apple Announced Today | WIRED

So make that trip to the Apple Store, get yourself a new small phone and a new pad.

Who is the winner? The shareholders
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

He he ho ho ...... one for the suckers.

Apple needs to make some money, so just when you thought the pad was a dead duck because the 5+ inch phones do the job of the tablet, Apple shrinks the phone, and brings out the new pad.

Here’s Everything Apple Announced Today | WIRED

So make that trip to the Apple Store, get yourself a new small phone and a new pad.

Who is the winner? The shareholders
Starting at $679

Muppets
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Starting at $679

Muppets
Its all about the solution selling. The phone, the Pad, the laptop, the ATV, the watch. When in reality all people need is a 5.5" phone and a laptop.

Extracting the cash from the vunerable.

Gotta hand it to them ..... they know how to make money.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:14 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Its all about the solution selling. The phone, the Pad, the laptop, the ATV, the watch. When in reality all people need is a 5.5" phone and a laptop.

I've been on this bandwagon from the very beginning. People mocked my huge 5.5" Dell Streak, but the useability was exceptional. I never bought into the small screen smartphone.

Gotta hand it to them ..... they know how to make money.

I'm not seeing much innovation in this new line up - just a rehashing of existing products in new form factors.

S
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I've been on this bandwagon from the very beginning. People mocked my huge 5.5" Dell Streak, but the useability was exceptional. I never bought into the small screen smartphone.

I'm not seeing much innovation in this new line up - just a rehashing of existing products in new form factors.

S
You often read this "I could never do a 5.5" phone. It just wouldn't fit in my pocket".

It saddens me that people make this statement without even trying it.

But .. I don't think Apple are after the 5.5" phone users here. Never found anyone to go back from one.

They are after the non 5.5" users. Those who have the pocket fear. Those who need that 2 year turn around update. Those who they can suck in to buying a new ipad at the same time.

The release of the teeny weeny phone + ipad will make them money for next quarter. You watch the suckers buy.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 6:49 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Apple, natch.

Although to be honest the phone and tablet game did what I said it would two years ago and hit a plateau. 5-5.2" phone and a 10" tablet or laptop. Functionality is pretty much fixed and real innovation has stopped.

Next step will be 3D sensing and the shift to augmented reality - that will get rid of the tablet and leave a device with an AR display, 3D sensing, and connectivity (they might call it a phone, but to be honest it hasn't been that for a decade now).
Old Mar 31st 2016, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Build2016 is underway. Jump on board

Live channel here.

https://channel9.msdn.com/?wt.mc_id=build_hp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.