British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   All the Gear (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/all-gear-842428/)

Beoz Sep 4th 2014 2:49 am

All the Gear

Galaxy Note 4 by Samsung, limited edition Galaxy Note Edge with Gear S smartwatch in bid to beat Apple

Would you?

Amazulu Sep 4th 2014 2:55 am

Re: All the Gear

The phone yes, the watch no

I've had the Note 1 & 2 - both great phones

Currently have the Sony Z Ultra (which I got for $349 at the Sony Store). It's comedy big but so versatile and a bargain for what I paid for it

carolinephillips Sep 4th 2014 5:39 am

Nope- I don't even have a smart phone, and no intention of getting one. Why the need to upgrade every year?

quoll Sep 4th 2014 7:20 am

Hmm, I like techno stuff but the phone has to be small enough to fit in my jeans pocket. It does look quite attractive though but the thought of setting everything up from scratch is a bit of a deterrent - wonder what Apple has in store (this month?)

Beoz Sep 4th 2014 7:58 am

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 11392123)
Hmm, I like techno stuff but the phone has to be small enough to fit in my jeans pocket. It does look quite attractive though but the thought of setting everything up from scratch is a bit of a deterrent - wonder what Apple has in store (this month?)

A larger phone

iPhone 6 release date, news and rumors | News | TechRadar

Swerv-o Sep 5th 2014 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 11391972)
The phone yes, the watch no

I've had the Note 1 & 2 - both great phones

Currently have the Sony Z Ultra (which I got for $349 at the Sony Store). It's comedy big but so versatile and a bargain for what I paid for it

I like the Note too - still on a Note 2, but may upgrade to a 4 if the price is right later in the year. I like the additional versatility the large screen and the stylus give - I find that this far outweighs having a slightly larger phone.

I don't wear a watch - so I don't think I would bother with that. I think I'd be tempted to try talking to KITT all day with it if I had the watch...

S

knockoff nige Sep 5th 2014 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 11393172)
I like the Note too - still on a Note 2, but may upgrade to a 4 if the price is right later in the year. I like the additional versatility the large screen and the stylus give - I find that this far outweighs having a slightly larger phone.

I don't wear a watch - so I don't think I would bother with that. I think I'd be tempted to try talking to KITT all day with it if I had the watch...

S

Michael Knight spoke to KITT through a watch? I did not know that. But, a watch is just too geeky. Saying that, I have a GPS watch that does phone notifications but it doesn't have silly things like a web browser.

I would like to see the iPad have a better stylus solution as I like to sketch on it but have to use a glove (which I tailored to work).

A bigger iPhone is not a requirement for me but that looks to be the way they are going.

Beoz Sep 5th 2014 1:24 am

Originally Posted by knockoff nige (Post 11393177)
I would like to see the iPad have a better stylus solution as I like to sketch on it but have to use a glove (which I tailored to work).

You'll get that on Android or Surface.

Beoz Sep 5th 2014 1:25 am

Yeah I thought the Note was too big for the pocket until I was speaking to a mate who always loses his phone. He has a Note now and likes it because he can feel it in his pocket. Hasn't lost a phone since.

knockoff nige Sep 5th 2014 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 11393180)
You'll get that on Android or Surface.

Only on Samsung as far as I know as they use a different type of touch screen. But, Samsung is just too gimmicky.

Swerv-o Sep 5th 2014 1:34 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by knockoff nige (Post 11393177)
Michael Knight spoke to KITT through a watch? I did not know that. But, a watch is just too geeky. Saying that, I have a GPS watch that does phone notifications but it doesn't have silly things like a web browser.

A bigger iPhone is not a requirement for me but that looks to be the way they are going.

He certainly did!

Capacitive screens don't seem to like styluses too well - most of them have that huge stupid bulbous end on, which is next to useless for detailed work...

S

knockoff nige Sep 5th 2014 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 11393181)
Yeah I thought the Note was too big for the pocket until I was speaking to a mate who always loses his phone. He has a Note now and likes it because he can feel it in his pocket. Hasn't lost a phone since.

How deep are his pockets?

knockoff nige Sep 5th 2014 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 11393190)
He certainly did!

Capacitive screens don't seem to like styluses too well - most of them have that huge stupid bulbous end on, which is next to useless for detailed work...

S

How did I not remember this about Knight Rider? I remember really wanting a calculator watch. I wasn't expecting it to make phone calls but the buttons made it look like it could. I must have seen it on Knight Rider.

Beoz Sep 5th 2014 2:07 am

Originally Posted by knockoff nige (Post 11393189)
Only on Samsung as far as I know as they use a different type of touch screen. But, Samsung is just too gimmicky.

Got nuts - you may like use of the Apple bluetooth keyboard

knockoff nige Sep 5th 2014 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 11393207)
Got nuts - you may like use of the Apple bluetooth keyboard

Yeah but then I'd have a Surface tablet.