Aidelaide Test

Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aidelaide Test

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The following message was posted on the BBC 606 forums yesterday:

England will thrash Australia

by ImTallerThanCrouch 04 December 2006

England will beat Australia tomorrow and this is how. Strauss will make a few runs before going out early on. Then the slog fest will begin. Bell and Colly will take a couple of overs to get their eyes in then the sixes will start rolling. Both players will get quick 50s ten they will both get caught behind attempting sixes. The REAL sloggers will then enter the fray. Pieterson and Flintoff will quickly demolish the Attack and will both get their 50s before lunch. They will then do some even more extreme slogging and England will declare at about 350-4 with half the day to play.

Harmy will then get a huge confidence boost as he claims 4 wickets in his first 5 overs. Hoggard will also claim an early wicket. Then the middle and tail will go very defensive and will be hard to remove. Flintoff will then slowly remove the 5 remaining wickets. The last wicket will be taken approx. 5 overs from the end.

This is the worst possible senario. Others include both teams accidently declaring straight away and England wining.
You can view this amusing little fantasy here - along with the subsequent derision from fellow forum members.

Having said that, there is absolutely no reason why England could not have won the 2nd series, and I remain utterly dumbfounded by their spectacular collapse. They had responded powerfully to Australia's first innings, established a solid lead, nearly forced us into a follow-on, and declared confidently with a very respectable score.

Then they just threw it all away, with some of the most pathetic cricket that Adelaide Oval has seen for decades.

The question is: why?
Somthing about BALLS ,comes to mind.? ......................... mm
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:32 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Aidelaide Test

Originally Posted by mr mover
No, it's just not like that. England are a genuinely good team; they proved it last year. That's why I'm staggered by their recent collapse.

England could still come back to beat us and retain the Ashes. They have the necessary talent to turn it all around at the WACA, so I won't be holding my breath for an Aussie victory until the last ball of the last over of the next game.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Dec 5th 2006 at 6:34 am.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:22 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

F****** bo******.

**** **** **** **** **** **** ***** ****, Warne.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:33 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by Urno
F****** bo******.

**** **** **** **** **** **** ***** ****, Warne.
Oh, and i forgot **** **** **** **** ******** ******* **** ***** ***** ****** ******!

***** ***** **** **** **** ***** ****** *****, Fletcher/Jones/Giles/Harmison.

Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:15 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover

What balls??????
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:33 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Aidelaide Test

OzTennis is absolutely right. Every time England starts losing, all the excuses come out. "It's the lineup... It's the captain... It's the coach..."

All of which carefully avoids the very obvious fact that you were simply outplayed.

Last year, you won the Ashes off us because you played bloody good cricket and we didn't. The team which won (yours) deserved to win; the team which lost (ours) deserved to lose.

Now you are losing again because we are playing better cricket. It just doesn't get any simpler than that - and no amount of excuses and whinging can change this.

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Dec 5th 2006 at 7:52 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:40 pm
Fighting my corner

Question Re: Aidelaide Test

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Get your shit stars off our flag.
That the best you can do?
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:44 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
That the best you can do?
I think it says it all.

Sometimes less is more.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:53 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Ladies it's only a game of cricket.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:58 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

A friend of mine sent me a text last night which read,

'Complimentary cricket update, YOU'RE ****ED'

I politely informed him to go away.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:00 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like you get threatened with a ban by an over zealous mod here for Giving it back to the Aussies, just a bit of banter and you get a PM threatening you with a lifetime ban.

Cheers Vash for reporting my posts.

Are you really that much of an Aussie?
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:07 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Seems like you get threatened with a ban by an over zealous mod here for Giving it back to the Aussies, just a bit of banter and you get a PM threatening you with a lifetime ban.

Cheers Vash for reporting my posts.

Are you really that much of an Aussie?
Leave it out. If you have a problem with a mod or another poster then you can report it like anyone else can.
Your "banter" is out of order. Perhaps you should read the forum rules.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Warnie always has a Ham & Pineapple pizza the night before a test.
The hooker usually brings it with her.
Oi, who you calling a hooker
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well that explains the Ham and Pineapple. Wonder what they do with the pidgeon?
Can't tell you - I'm selling that one to the tabloids
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can't tell you - I'm selling that one to the tabloids

Is a Pidgeon (with a D ) the same kind of thing as a rabbit ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.