Aidelaide Test

Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Aidelaide Test

[QUOTE=mr mover]
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
This is the fightback I expected.

. Here's hoping that the pitch gets a big edgy over the next couple of days, so that Warney and McGrath can do their thing.

IT WILL ......................... mm
That's probably why both teams went with one spinner. I'd thinkthe pitch will start to get a bit fruity on day 3 and by day 5 it could be a nightmare.
If England can post a big score they can win this match.
They cant afford to lose a wicket though as there isn't that much to come in terms of form.
McGrath was defo not at his best. When England batted well in the second innings at the Gabba Oz looked like they were stuck for ideas and I thought they looked the same on day one here.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:20 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

400/3

Warnie is struggling, McGrath has had it, well he was finished yesterday, couldn't even get a trot on for a catch.

How Lee gets way with chucking.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:53 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that...not seen any tonkapom adverts!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Funny that...not seen any tonkapom adverts!!
Wot, no mention of the cricket on the nine news update.

Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:33 pm

TONK A CON!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:35 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
TONK A CON!

luvin it....
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:35 pm

Langer....see ya!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:38 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jon and alex]
Originally Posted by mr mover
That's probably why both teams went with one spinner. I'd thinkthe pitch will start to get a bit fruity on day 3 and by day 5 it could be a nightmare.
If England can post a big score they can win this match.
They cant afford to lose a wicket though as there isn't that much to come in terms of form.
McGrath was defo not at his best. When England batted well in the second innings at the Gabba Oz looked like they were stuck for ideas and I thought they looked the same on day one here.
So why is Panasar on the side lines ???,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:17 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Aidelaide Test

Originally Posted by mr mover
I honestly don't know. Perhaps the Poms wanted to give the original lineup a proper go at it before bringing him in.

And I must say, from a batting perspective, that seems to have been the right decision!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:34 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Aidelaide Test

England 551-6 dec v Australia 28-1
BBC Sport.

Not exactly what I was looking for.

Come on lads, sort yourselves out!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=mr mover]
Originally Posted by jon and alex
The only reason I can think of is the batting and fielding issue but I'd rather have Monty on the pitch than Giles.
I do think that the pitch is gonna become a bit dodgy with the odd ball taking off and the odd one staying low.
Maybe Giles will be able to exploit that with his extra height. I do think Monty is the better bowler but I have also seen Giles bowl in an attacking way and take wickets so you never know. Still, if you want wickets you play your best bowlers.......
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 11:50 am

You're not singing anymore...

...You're not singing anymore.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:02 pm
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: Aidelaide Test

SECOND TEST, ADELAIDE, DAY FOUR:
Australia 513 68-2 v England 551-6 dec & 129 all out

England crashed out for 129 on day five of the second Ashes Test in Adelaide, setting Australia just 168 to win in a minimum of 36 overs.
BBC Sport.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:05 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

SECOND TEST, ADELAIDE, DAY FOUR:
Australia 513 68-2 v England 551-6 dec & 129 all out

England crashed out for 129 on day five of the second Ashes Test in Adelaide, setting Australia just 168 to win in a minimum of 36 overs.
BBC Sport.
We have to give the convicts something to cheer about, after all they would never beat us in any real sports, not when it matters.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:36 pm
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Aidelaide Test

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
We have to give the convicts, something to cheer about
My Asian Australian friends would take offence at that comment. So would my German, Dutch, Italian and Singaporean friends. In fact, so do I, since I'm a 2nd Generation Australian.

after all they would never beat us in any real sports, not when it matters.
Sour grapes. Our performance at the Olympic and Commonwealth games puts the lie to that feeble accusation.

Nice try, though. And I do feel your pain. Really I do.

It just feels so much better from where I'm sitting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.