Aidelaide Test

Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:55 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aidelaide Test

I can't wait for the Perth test. We are so excited to be going. Legends 20/20 match next Tuesday should be a good one too.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Gutted!

I'm still seething over the decision to not play Monty Python!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
If you read my original post I said that the convicts could not beat England at football when it mattered.
When the 'Soceroos' did beat England it was a very young experimantal side including one wayne Rooney on debut in a dead rubber friendly match. And even then it was a stunning defeat, a total shocker.
No, I didn't read your original post and I am quite used to England's excuses in all sports, every time they lose eg we would have won the WC but for the 'hand of god', cynical Argie getting Becks sent off, Tim mightn't win Wimbers but he's such a nice boy compared to that brash Hewitt ............. it was an experimental side etc.

The best thing about watching and listening to the coverage on Sky Sports was to see and hear the likes of Gower, Atherton, Hussein and Botham squirming after 4 days of how brilliant England were, Warne and co are over the hill, we will go to Perth 1-1 etc.

And let's not forget that the reigning RWC champions have lost 8 of their last 9 matches.

OzTennis
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:05 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
"pidgeon, ham and pineapple!" - does anyone know what the hell Shane Warne was going on about?
Its a code,we could tell you, but...........then you would know what we have to do .................. mm
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:09 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by renth
"pidgeon, ham and pineapple!" - does anyone know what the hell Shane Warne was going on about?
Warnie always has a Ham & Pineapple pizza the night before a test.
The hooker usually brings it with her.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Warnie always has a Ham & Pineapple pizza the night before a test.
The hooker usually brings it with her.

Well that explains the Ham and Pineapple. Wonder what they do with the pidgeon?
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
No, I didn't read your original post and I am quite used to England's excuses in all sports, every time they lose eg we would have won the WC but for the 'hand of god', cynical Argie getting Becks sent off, Tim mightn't win Wimbers but he's such a nice boy compared to that brash Hewitt ............. it was an experimental side etc.

The best thing about watching and listening to the coverage on Sky Sports was to see and hear the likes of Gower, Atherton, Hussein and Botham squirming after 4 days of how brilliant England were, Warne and co are over the hill, we will go to Perth 1-1 etc.

And let's not forget that the reigning RWC champions have lost 8 of their last 9 matches.

OzTennis
Sounds a bit like Australia then.
Mcgrath, Hayden & Langer are over the hill.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well that explains the Ham and Pineapple. Wonder what they do with the pidgeon?
They take the 'd' out of pigeon, that's what they do.

OzTennis
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

They take the 'd' out of pigeon, that's what they do.

OzTennis

I know
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Langer made 87 and 100 not out last week

McGrath got a big bag of wickets last week

Hayden has made more than Strauss and Cook combined

However, they will gradually be replaced now that the series is virtually over. Tait, Johnson, Jacques, Hodge etc wait in the wings. Hussey could not even get into the team until he was 30 and my hasn't he taken his chance - 2nd highest test average by a mile after Bradman.

OzTennis
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:30 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Back in yer box chocolate, you Van Der Merwes no nothing about cricket...... mm
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Langer made 87 and 100 not out last week

McGrath got a big bag of wickets last week

Hayden has made more than Strauss and Cook combined

However, they will gradually be replaced now that the series is virtually over. Tait, Johnson, Jacques, Hodge etc wait in the wings. Hussey could not even get into the team until he was 30 and my hasn't he taken his chance - 2nd highest test average by a mile after Bradman.

OzTennis
England were so terrible in that 1st test that they made Mcgrath look good. In this test he was shite & he was shite last year. Langer & Hayden both played poorly on this test. Langer still has a little to offer buy Hayden is finished. Martyn too. The thing is these players are so entrenched in the Aussie team that they will not be dropped.
The series is not nearly over. If England win in Perth it's back on.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

England were so terrible in that 1st test that they made Mcgrath look good. In this test he was shite & he was shite last year. Langer & Hayden both played poorly on this test. Langer still has a little to offer buy Hayden is finished. Martyn too. The thing is these players are so entrenched in the Aussie team that they will not be dropped.
The series is not nearly over. If England win in Perth it's back on.
May I remind you that Glenn McGrath stood on a ball before the 2nd test last series and most pundits would concede that the series swung then after Australia were 1-0 up and he couldn't play in the 2nd, 3rd and from memory 4th tests. He didn't play much in the series, he got wickets in the first test, was out of the team or recovering after that. I also think his form in the last year or two might have been a bit affected by his wife's struggles. The pitch made most bowlers look ordinary in Adelaide (apart from Hoggard and Warnie on the last day). McGrath is past his best and will retire soon. A fast bowler can't cheat father time but he will go down as one of the best bowlers of all time.

I agree, Martyn and Hayden are past it and should gradually be replaced. Phil Jaques has made 3 centuries in his last three hands against England. Interestingly, although born in Wollongong it was to British parents and he holds a British passport. I'd be surprised if England haven't asked Phil the question (like they did with Pietersen).

Only time will tell after Perth. I have heard that the wicket is much slower than it always used to be and it is a batsman's paradise. Whether England can get Australia out twice remains to be seen. I personally hope England do get a win or a draw to put some interest into the Melbourne Test match. There could well be over 90,000 at the 'mecca' on Day 1.

OzTennis
Old Dec 5th 2006, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Oh sh*t! I just did a long old reply and lost it.
Right, well, the WACA will be quicker and livelier than Adelaide but its not what it once was. It'll take spin later I expect.
Fletcher has to go at the end of this series. We need a good old brash and aggressive Aussie in to teach the lads how to finish matches.
Remember the last series? England almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory on several occasions then too. This time their luck ran out.
Some team changes are needed to make it more aggressive. Ditch Giles for Monty, ditch Anderson for Mahmood, move Pieterson up to 4 and Colly to 5.
I'd then send Saj and Harmy out with instructions to bowl as fast and aggressively as the can and to hell with the runs. Shake the geriatrics up a bit. We all know that the Aussies are a bit old and I dont think they'll be able to handle real pace.
Lets at least go down fighting if we are gonna lose!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Aidelaide Test

The following message was posted on the BBC 606 forums yesterday:

England will thrash Australia

by ImTallerThanCrouch 04 December 2006

England will beat Australia tomorrow and this is how. Strauss will make a few runs before going out early on. Then the slog fest will begin. Bell and Colly will take a couple of overs to get their eyes in then the sixes will start rolling. Both players will get quick 50s ten they will both get caught behind attempting sixes. The REAL sloggers will then enter the fray. Pieterson and Flintoff will quickly demolish the Attack and will both get their 50s before lunch. They will then do some even more extreme slogging and England will declare at about 350-4 with half the day to play.

Harmy will then get a huge confidence boost as he claims 4 wickets in his first 5 overs. Hoggard will also claim an early wicket. Then the middle and tail will go very defensive and will be hard to remove. Flintoff will then slowly remove the 5 remaining wickets. The last wicket will be taken approx. 5 overs from the end.

This is the worst possible senario. Others include both teams accidently declaring straight away and England wining.
You can view this amusing little fantasy here - along with the subsequent derision from fellow forum members.

Having said that, there is absolutely no reason why England could not have won the 2nd series, and I remain utterly dumbfounded by their spectacular collapse. They had responded powerfully to Australia's first innings, established a solid lead, nearly forced us into a follow-on, and declared confidently with a very respectable score.

Then they just threw it all away, with some of the most pathetic cricket that Adelaide Oval has seen for decades.

The question is: why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.