Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

3 Years on , back in UK

3 Years on , back in UK

Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:50 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Cheap shot, from a cheap immo heading to a land where to be cheap is to be the norm. With jibes like that the Aussies will love you, just dont speak to loud once in the Godzone.
Already here, no longer heading. Very much enjoying the Aussie/English interaction, it's a right laugh.

Let's not forget, the Aussies have learnt their interpersonal skills from the masters.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:59 am

Cheap shot, from a cheap immo heading to a land where to be cheap is to be the norm. With jibes like that the Aussies will love you, just dont speak to loud once in the Godzone.
Cheap shot? You just called me a cheap immo isn't that a cheap shot.

Should have tried harder at school, around again class leader!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Blimey Pommie Bastard! heard you were back, good to see you haven't lost your touch Give this man some respect, after being here 3 years, i now know exactly where he's coming from!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:34 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abergas
after being here 3 years, i now know exactly where he's coming from!
I'm getting that way too.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by renth
Mate, are you thinking of trying anywhere else? Is it your job that is keeping you there?

Rich
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Mate, are you thinking of trying anywhere else? Is it your job that is keeping you there?

Rich
I'm just looking at the www.realestate.com.au for Cairns and am flabbergasted at what you can get for the same money as the badly built, legoland nightmares here in Perth.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

It's easier now to live in other countries, people don't have to be tied to any one country anymore and if you are multiskilled you shouldn't have problems getting work or creating your own. I think it's much easier for people to leave than it was years ago when getting everywhere was so expensive. As long as people don't have a whole house of stuff following them around the world that is. I arrived with a plane ticket I left with one. So many places you can rent with furniture and I only take what I can carry and sentimental stuff, the rest is not important for me, and will sell it. I wouldn't spend thousands on moving stuff from one country to another, it makes me cringe on how much people spend. What they spend on transporting it, they could buy loads of new things at probably half the price if not less.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:59 pm

I'm just looking at the www.realestate.com.au for Cairns and am flabbergasted at what you can get for the same money as the badly built, legoland nightmares here in Perth.
Is Cairns an option then or are you just browsing?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:01 pm
(It's not my real name)

Is Cairns an option then or are you just browsing?
Possibly... I mean check this out:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...a&fmt=&header=
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:05 pm

Wrong colour sun loungers for me mate.

Can you find work there easily enough?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:14 pm
(It's not my real name)

Wrong colour sun loungers for me mate.

Can you find work there easily enough?
I don't know, maybe. I guess I could always go back to delivering mail or loading aircraft if I had to.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:17 pm
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute

We are all entitled to an opinion.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:22 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it renth! It's a nice place for a holiday in winter but on my recent visit I got the distinct impression from the locals that they were un happy to live there. Plenty of bad words said about the place from those I met and also what I heard on the local radio while I was there. The customer service was by a at least twice as bad as I've seen elsewhere here. One example was a visit to a chemist to get some baby panadol. Woman firstly wouldn't serve us as it was the wrong till, then the next till went off to make a cup of tea while we were standing there and made us wait. She then didn't know the price and refused to go and find out so we had to, then she only wanted the exact change!! Simular happened at the car rental desk and macdonalds!

Steer clear I'd say, I'll add the place to my comparison table one day but I'll have to add a few columns for dropouts and looneys, and grumpyness.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:28 pm

I don't know, maybe. I guess I could always go back to delivering mail or loading aircraft if I had to.
I have seen a lot of aviation jobs advertised for that region in the past few weeks. Which airline company did you work for in the early days then?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

I've been doing the same with houses in Victoria (Mount Eliza, etc, on the Mornington Peninsula). Weather puts me off a bit.

That place in Cairns looks amazing. Only a house, though, at the end of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.