Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:31 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $300 fine for ciggy butt!!

Apparently cottage cheese is very healthy

Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Apparently cottage cheese is very healthy

http://dietchoices.com/logo/cottage-...-diet-logo.jpg
That can't be right! Cottage cheese as a meat substitute?

My god the women must have been desperate during the war, what with all their men away fighting.

JTL
Old Nov 29th 2009, 2:31 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Two of the last 5 fires I've been out to have been caused by "tossers" chucking their smokes out of cars. The last one nearly killed three families that were trapped in their homes as the flames raged down on them. 1800 hectares of pasture were destroyed in a little over 4 hours all because of a tosser like you.

DON'T BE A TOSSER! DON'T BE A FIREBUG!

Huge fines are on the cards for anyone caught throwing cigs from car windows.

N.S.W
"Penalties for throwing cigarette butts during the Bush Fire Danger Period include fines ofup to $5500 and up to 12 months imprisonment. "
QLD
"The penalties increase to up to a year in prison or an $18,750 slug if a state-wide fire emergency is declared. "
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
GOOD, u flipping litter bug.

I totally agree! You may not think it's a big deal but I'm sure you would if you lost your entire house, pets, and belongings in a bush fire lit by a cigarette butt!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
That can't be right! Cottage cheese as a meat substitute?

My god the women must have been desperate during the war, what with all their men away fighting.

JTL
From what I remember cottage cheese has roughly the same nutrient make up of ham. So that's why it's suggested as a meat substitute. Although I think they failed to point out that it tastes like
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Comauver
Lets all jump on the bandwagon and vilify smokers even when we're not directly affected by their habit and despite the fact that they pay more to the exchequer than they receive in health care, not least because they die earlier.

Now if it was homosexuality/lesbianism which was publicly exhibited not a word of condemnation would be heard from heterosexuals (the overriding majority) despite such practises being off limits and unacceptable to most "normal" people in their personal lives. Furthermore homosexuals net contribution to the health service is less than smokers when you consider the amount spent on AIDS and other disorders. At the same time we have to applaud things like Gay Pride (a freak parade) and in the UK with some jobs in the public sector it is beneficial to be gay because positive discrimination applies in Labour's mad, pc world.

My kids are all in their 20s and like me don't smoke but as a teenager I'd rather my son experimented with smoking than buggery yet Labour raised the age for smoking from 16 - 18 for health reasons yet reduced the age of gay consent from 18 -16 for er...er... well not for health reasons anyway.

Cue the abuse from all the hypocrites....
I'm not sure this works.

Firstly most people are objecting to the act of throwing the butt out rather than the smoking itself. Yep there are a few people complaining about the smoking but that's no reason to lump everyone into the same bucket. To use your analogy, people may object to seeing homosexuals having sex in the street but that doesn't mean that they object to homosexuals. Most of the same people would object to heterosexuals having sex in the street. Especially if they were fat and ugly

Secondly you seem to be suggesting that AIDS is a homosexual disease. Although there was a brief spell in the last century were this was touted by the press and certain groups, AIDS is more prevalent in the heterosexual community. The lowest risk groups (since the emergence of the disease) has been nuns and lesbians.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:15 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mo33
Probably get floored by the do-gooders but i don't care!
Got a $300 fine for throwing a ciggy butt out of the car window!! Robbing barstewards!!
Heard all the comments about startin a bushfire etc...... nowhere near any greenery. Anyway $300 would buy a lot of little baby trees from bunnings

Get a life and report those who are a real danger on the roads! Let me have a bloody smoke in peace.

Just bought an ashtray to put my butts in but the car stinks!
Excellent, pity it was such a low fine..
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:47 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

No excuse you littering scumbag. Do you have one rule to allow littering in fire safe areas and another for fire days? Frankly you should be lucky to only get $300. Community service clearing up litter should be the minimum fine.

Why not give up smoking as you probably don't realise that you stench anyway?

Got a $300 fine for throwing a ciggy butt out of the car window!! Robbing barstewards!!
Heard all the comments about startin a bushfire etc...... nowhere near any greenery. Anyway $300 would buy a lot of little baby trees from bunnings

Get a life and report those who are a real danger on the roads! Let me have a bloody smoke in peace.

Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:09 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more interested now in the qualities of Cottage Cheese. Can we use it to put out bush fires?
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I'm more interested now in the qualities of Cottage Cheese. Can we use it to put out bush fires?
Only if it's the only thing the firees have to eat.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:44 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Are all smokers selfish or is it just a minority?....Discuss...
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Comauver
Lets all jump on the bandwagon and vilify smokers even when we're not directly affected by their habit and despite the fact that they pay more to the exchequer than they receive in health care, not least because they die earlier.

Now if it was homosexuality/lesbianism which was publicly exhibited not a word of condemnation would be heard from heterosexuals (the overriding majority) despite such practises being off limits and unacceptable to most "normal" people in their personal lives. Furthermore homosexuals net contribution to the health service is less than smokers when you consider the amount spent on AIDS and other disorders. At the same time we have to applaud things like Gay Pride (a freak parade) and in the UK with some jobs in the public sector it is beneficial to be gay because positive discrimination applies in Labour's mad, pc world.

My kids are all in their 20s and like me don't smoke but as a teenager I'd rather my son experimented with smoking than buggery yet Labour raised the age for smoking from 16 - 18 for health reasons yet reduced the age of gay consent from 18 -16 for er...er... well not for health reasons anyway.

Cue the abuse from all the hypocrites....

If you think nothing of throwing your butt ends out of the car assuming there is no fire risk when realistically there is, then it doesnt matter how much bloody money you pay in taxes because it does affect others.

If the firebrigade and the experts say that chucking a butt out of the window poses even the slightest risk, then of course it affects others.

Why the **** would you want to throw your butt end out of the window anyway, its disgusting - what do you think happens to it, the birds eat it?

Its nothing to do with HIV or sex or anything else, its about throwing your rubbish out of a car window - why not throw it on the floor of your car? Bet you wouldnt like it then.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:09 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I think the real problem here is inflation. When I was at Uni I stuck my butt out a window and got a 25 pound fine. Thats 45$ in today's money, 300$ is a bit steep. Its the same as the price of lettuce I tell you, shocking.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:14 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
I think the real problem here is inflation. When I was at Uni I stuck my butt out a window and got a 25 pound fine. Thats 45$ in today's money, 300$ is a bit steep. Its the same as the price of lettuce I tell you, shocking.
How much is the fine for throwing a lettuce out yer car window
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
How much is the fine for throwing a lettuce out yer car window
Christ! Who can afford to throw lettuce out the windows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.