Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $300 fine for ciggy butt!!

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Well I have NEVER parked in a disabled spot in my life... but my car was chugging - there were other spaces around... but i pulled fwd into the disabled to reverse back into the normal space but some bastard pulled in behind me and i couldnt go anywhere and it meant i would have to drive round the block again!!! And i just couldnt be bothered and my car was stalling so I thought oh it will be fine because there were other spaces back up the road and on the opposite side.

As for the ramp speed well i was in the 100 zone, then as the exit went off it said 80 and 3 seconds round the corner theres a speed camera which i didnt know about and i was doing 92 damn it.

Gotta laugh or you'd cry eh!
There's one off ramp near here where you're supposed to touch the off ramp doing 80 and then a split second later be at 60. However you do it, it means slamming on the brakes hard - not sensible, but not seen a speed camera there yet
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I hate able bodied parking in disabled spaces.

Mrs JTL was trying to get parked at Carindale with our two young kids when a car pulled in to the last available 'Mother and Baby' spaces.

So she went and parked elsewhere. Once she had got our two kids out of the car and was walking to the shopping centre, she saw the couple walking into the shopping centre. So she asked why they parked in a mother and baby spot, they just shrugged and said 'we're going to get our kid, didn't you see the baby seat in our car'?

There was no baby seat in their car.

To them it was a laugh. Just another parking space.

JTL
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Mrs JTL was trying to get parked at Carindale with our two young kids when a car pulled in to the last available 'Mother and Baby' spaces.

So she went and parked elsewhere. Once she had got our two kids out of the car and was walking to the shopping centre, she saw the couple walking into the shopping centre. So she asked why they parked in a mother and baby spot, they just shrugged and said 'we're going to get our kid, didn't you see the baby seat in our car'?

There was no baby seat in their car.

To them it was a laugh. Just another parking space.

JTL
That winds me up too. Used to happen a lot when mine were little. If I didn't have them with me, I didn't park there even if the baby seats were in the car, I'm obviously way too honest for my own good
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:36 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of contention with reserved parking bays:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6916343.ece
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:57 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I gave up parking in mother/toddler or baby spaces even when mine were very little.. found it made my trip to the supermarket just horrendous.. found I would end up wound up before I got my toddlers into the trolley... thing is, some people don't realise how tricky it can be trying to get the baby into the trolley whilst pinning the (say) 3 year old down! Much easier if you are right by the door and then you don't have to negoiating cars reversing in and out of parking spots also.. Thank god for baby reins!

However, I gave up.. else I ended up just wanting to slap some parents who think it is OK to park in there with say, an 11 year old who was quite capable of walking across a car park in a sensible manner... in fact I am going to shut up now as it is winding me up just thinking about it again..

Em x
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
However, I gave up.. else I ended up just wanting to slap some parents who think it is OK to park in there with say, an 11 year old who was quite capable of walking across a car park in a sensible manner... in fact I am going to shut up now as it is winding me up just thinking about it again..

Em x
You sound like Mrs JTL when she got home She was not amused.

JTL
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:03 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I gave up parking in mother/toddler or baby spaces even when mine were very little.. found it made my trip to the supermarket just horrendous.. found I would end up wound up before I got my toddlers into the trolley... thing is, some people don't realise how tricky it can be trying to get the baby into the trolley whilst pinning the (say) 3 year old down! Much easier if you are right by the door and then you don't have to negoiating cars reversing in and out of parking spots also.. Thank god for baby reins!

Em x
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

So firstly, there is the litter factor. Who the hell are you to litter this country or any other for that fact and why should some one have to clean up after you.

Secondly, bush fire risk. Are you not aware of what happened in Victoria this year.

Twat.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:14 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

This thread reminds me of those debt threads where someone comes on and asks a question or makes a statement about racking up the debt before they leave the UK.

Then pages later they come on to clarify that no... it wasn't me. I was just asking for a friend, or it was something other people told me about.

I'm not saying that the OP was the one who did or didn't throw the cigaratte butt, however it does seem a bit suspicious to me anyway. My first though when I read the clarification post (the denial) was that if my friend had done that I most certainly would have said so from the get go knowing what responses I was going to get from all the do-gooders (as he said).
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:44 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're not like I imagined you.

Slightly uglier.

JTL
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
You're not like I imagined you.

Slightly uglier.

JTL
Nah. This is me:

...I dont smoke, honest
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by paulry
Nah. This is me:

http://hydarblog.files.wordpress.com...ngry-obama.jpg

...I dont smoke, honest
A word to the wise, you're cuter when you smile
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
A word to the wise, you're cuter when you smile
But I was smiling
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:02 pm
Banned

On an exceptionally happy day:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.