Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

$300 fine for ciggy butt!!

Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:14 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $300 fine for ciggy butt!!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I think it was about 5 years ago, or depending on the country, whenever they brought in the smoking ban in pubs.

I agree with the smoking ban in pubs, makes them much nicer places, but thats pretty much when it became PC to make smokers social pariahs.

JTL
smoking is awful , Im glad i gave up 10yrs ago.

Unless im drunk , in which case its big , clever, and makes me look hard
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
smoking is awful , Im glad i gave up 10yrs ago.

Unless im drunk , in which case its big , clever, and makes me look hard

But think of all the money you've not saved by not buying duty free cigarettes and smoking them.

Instead you've saved nothing by not smoking. What a loss

JTL
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not a do gooder but I'm really pleased about this. Did you actually stop and think about whether there was greenery around before deciding to dump your rubbish out of the car or was it just luck?

Your car stinks? Who's fault is that?
Well said
Old Nov 29th 2009, 9:30 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
But think of all the money you've not saved by not buying duty free cigarettes and smoking them.

Instead you've saved nothing by not smoking. What a loss

JTL
Wow yeah it really mounts up. Over the last 4 years averaging 15 trips a year that I could have saved 70$ per trip I reckon thats over 1000$ a year , I shall have to adjust my tax return and put it as a capital loss.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 9:36 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

just wanna add my tuppenny worth. I have just fallen off the wagon again unfortunately and am back on the fags (boo hiss-but will get off 'em again very soon I promise) When ever I have been a smoker there is one thing I cant abide and that is other smokers dropping thier butts wherever they like! I always take my stinky butts with me or put them in the nearest bin. I HATE littering in all its forms. I have enough self loathing that I am smoking again but the snide looks I get from people who see me having a smoke is bad enough- I wouldnt want to add insult to injury and drop the butts on the floor too.
Mo, tell your mate to get a grip and dont do it again!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Wow yeah it really mounts up. Over the last 4 years averaging 15 trips a year that I could have saved 70$ per trip I reckon thats over 1000$ a year , I shall have to adjust my tax return and put it as a capital loss.
Or start smoking again, and save money,

you know it makes sense.

JTL
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mo33
Probably get floored by the do-gooders but i don't care!
Got a $300 fine for throwing a ciggy butt out of the car window!! Robbing barstewards!!
Heard all the comments about startin a bushfire etc...... nowhere near any greenery. Anyway $300 would buy a lot of little baby trees from bunnings

Get a life and report those who are a real danger on the roads! Let me have a bloody smoke in peace.

Just bought an ashtray to put my butts in but the car stinks
!
Originally Posted by mo33
Hey before i am sentenced to death, i'd like to explain...

It wasn't me, it was a passenger in my car. She threw out the butt, i got the notice thru the post, i had to do a stat dec thing to say it was my passenger for which she got the right hump!! She had to cough up the fine. She then bought a dollar ashtray thing for her car, defo learnt her lesson.

Last nite she thought it would be a good idea to get other peeps views so stuck up a thread! Hoho and what a response!! Can't wait for her to see!!

Basically she thinks i'm in the wrong for making her pay even though it was her fag in my car.

Me (Mo 33) am innocent, i might meet some of you one day - don't wanna be lynched!! Thanks x
Sorry Mo but your first post came across as though it was you that threw your ciggie out and how you wanted to have a bloody smoke in peach.

Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:17 am
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough

Lets all jump on the bandwagon and vilify smokers even when we're not directly affected by their habit and despite the fact that they pay more to the exchequer than they receive in health care, not least because they die earlier.

Now if it was homosexuality/lesbianism which was publicly exhibited not a word of condemnation would be heard from heterosexuals (the overriding majority) despite such practises being off limits and unacceptable to most "normal" people in their personal lives. Furthermore homosexuals net contribution to the health service is less than smokers when you consider the amount spent on AIDS and other disorders. At the same time we have to applaud things like Gay Pride (a freak parade) and in the UK with some jobs in the public sector it is beneficial to be gay because positive discrimination applies in Labour's mad, pc world.

My kids are all in their 20s and like me don't smoke but as a teenager I'd rather my son experimented with smoking than buggery yet Labour raised the age for smoking from 16 - 18 for health reasons yet reduced the age of gay consent from 18 -16 for er...er... well not for health reasons anyway.

Cue the abuse from all the hypocrites....
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:21 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is I'm bloody glad I don't live in Qld. The fine is $75 here in WA - I know - I got one today!
And I deserved it, no excuse.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I saw someone throw a butt out of a car on the GC last year. The central reservation just burst into flames. We returned later and saw the aftermath - just a few tens of metres burnt out and put out by a fire engine. I wonder how much it cost to get the fire engine there?
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Comauver
Lets all jump on the bandwagon and vilify smokers even when we're not directly affected by their habit and despite the fact that they pay more to the exchequer than they receive in health care, not least because they die earlier.

Now if it was homosexuality/lesbianism which was publicly exhibited not a word of condemnation would be heard from heterosexuals (the overriding majority) despite such practises being off limits and unacceptable to most "normal" people in their personal lives. Furthermore homosexuals net contribution to the health service is less than smokers when you consider the amount spent on AIDS and other disorders. At the same time we have to applaud things like Gay Pride (a freak parade) and in the UK with some jobs in the public sector it is beneficial to be gay because positive discrimination applies in Labour's mad, pc world.

My kids are all in their 20s and like me don't smoke but as a teenager I'd rather my son experimented with smoking than buggery yet Labour raised the age for smoking from 16 - 18 for health reasons yet reduced the age of gay consent from 18 -16 for er...er... well not for health reasons anyway.

Errr, I came here for an argument

Just the 5 minute one thanks.

JTL
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Comauver

Actually I think you rather missed the point. The majority of us are actually more concerned with the bushfire risk.........
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:40 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually I think you rather missed the point. The majority of us are actually more concerned with the bushfire risk.........
I'm sure it is Assegai back under a new name.

Has all the same unhealthy interests
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:41 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not me. I was concerned about buggery. Glad he brought it up.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 10:45 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not me. I was concerned about buggery. Glad he brought it up.
Assegai also had an unhealthy preoccupation with buggary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.